Reviews for Bare
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
loved it.
youroctober chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
-EDITS

-“but it had a bed and it’s own bathroom” Should be “and its own bathroom”

-CHARACTERS

“Then he remembered that it was Mello, and it stopped being a question of yes and no.” I think this line summarizes their relationship so well. What’s interesting here is the contrast from your last story, Pseudo-Heroic. Here it’s Mello who is covering himself self-consciously, and Matt who tells him to move it. He would still give everything for Mello, obviously, as shown through this sentence, but at the same time there’s a different kind of power struggle here, equally as canon as the one in Pseudo-Heroic.

-PLOT

I like stories like this, where it’s based off one event. Here it’s as simple as them moving and then reminiscing. It’s really interesting to see how such a simple moment as moving can cause so many emotions, and realizations for them. I like how you integrate important parts of their personality into the events. What would be fun, though, is to see a more elaborate plot with multiple subplots, characters and ideas thrown into it. Maybe as your stories develop I’ll be seeing more of that. Since you master these so well it’d be nice to see a further challenge.
Shella chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
Really, really, really good. Definitely something to value and keep. Very yes.
MidnightWhisper7 chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
I really like the way you get at their friendship here. It's just... so, so true.

It pained me to see how Mello changed after he got burned, and it's nice to see how Matt will do anything for him. I like how Matt is the one who sort of leads them here, because he's the one Mello depends on.
bookchic23 chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
Aw, very sweet. It's quite canon, too. Nice!
Xbakiyalo chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
Ahhahaa, my gosh. Brilliance. This was absolutely fantastic. Seriously. I want to read it again. And again. And maybe a few times more o-o;

Anna
keem chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
what an emotive little piece! and so bittersweet. i love your take on the dynamic here. i also really enjoyed the fact that mello requested matt's help here, instead of demanding it. and the part where they were talking about near screaming because matt tumbled out of his wardrobe... priceless, and i can totally see it. xD near is such a prat sometimes.

all of your work is so pretty! i want to steal it, hoarde it all to myself forever :O the way you phrase things are so elegant, so vividly constructed, it's enough to make me jealous.

i think you should write some MelloxSayu next. or continue your NearxSayu/MatsudaxSayu. i'd be the happiest little girl EVER. although i find all of your works equally delightful, no matter which characters are involved. keep up the great work! (as if you need ME to tell you xD)
Demon Hiei's Girl chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
Oh gosh, this piece is beautiful. No mixed feelings about it. Mello was adorable, Matt was the most in-character I've read him in a fic recently... I love it.
Gamecrazy 25 chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
I liked this story! It was sweet in a way, but then Matt and Mello don't have much time to just sit and reflect. Their reunion was short-lived.
AllAboardtheSSVNormandy chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
:DD YAY! STUFF! YAY! *dances around Matt's head*

Matt: ...MELLO! HELP!

Mello: *in other room* FOR GOD'S SAKE WHAT IS IT, MATT?

Matt: A CRAZY BRUNETTE LADY IS DANCING AROUND MY HEAD!

Mello: ...Come again?