Reviews for Maggoty Bread
Aranna Undomiel chapter 1 . 10/6/2008

Funny story this is. Nearly started to develop the urge to pat Gorp on his head like a cute little kid that's trying to hard, but I think he would have bitten it off instead..LOl

Nah, you wrote it very well if I even started to like an orc a little ;)
Mad Maudlin Hart chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
Gorp. Okay, I was a Girl Scout, I get the joke. Eek! As are you. Maggoty bread.
Arandil chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Ha ha. Very funny. Poor poor stupid Gorp.

"Something about bread granted extra strength in a shorter amount of time." Yes, Gorp. That's called carbs.
Lamiel chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Oh goodness. The things that your devious mind cooks up! Maggoty bread indeed! Your humor and talent for a quick turn of phrase shine throughout, making a very enjoyable read. I hope that Nightwing enjoyed this tale - I certainly did.
Aldalena chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
I love this story~ But I knew I would, seeing as you're the author of it... :3

The "maggoty bread" line always made me chuckle too.

You write from an orc's POV so well. I almost feel slightly sorry for Gorp. xD

Will you be continuing Land of Light and Shadows? Legolas and Gimli have been stuck in that desert for an awfully long time, it seems... ;
Starset chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
Loved it - another great story!
Silivren Tinu chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
LOL! This really made me laugh. I almost felt a little bit sorry for poor Gorp. ;-) It's amazing how well you seem to be able to read an orc's mind. *g* /Yet in his first training session, Gorp triumphantly cornered a rabbit instead of the warg he was supposed to be trailing/ - One of the parts that really cracked me up. :D
Laurenke1 chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
I loved it

that was brilliant, very amusing
vectis chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
Thank you so much for this great little story which made me laugh out loud throughout. I did feel rather sad at poor Gorp's untimely death, just when he thought he had escaped, although he had seemed to live a rather charmed life until then! Actually, I had always rather believed that orcs would enjoy maggoty bread, it seemed quite a fitting food for them, but perhaps even they have their limits. However, you have left me extremely curious about what his 'fairly plausible excuse' for his absence during the Rohirrim ambush was.
elvensecret chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
haha! poor gorp! :) this was very creative! great job, i enjoyed reading it!

as a curiosity, are you planning on finishing your WIPs? i was just wondering because i think you are one of the best writers on the site! i absolutely love all of your stories, particularly While the Ring Went South and During a Journey in the Dark (one of the ones i really wish you would update!), and wanted to continue reading them if you add more. just wondering! i am, however, glad that you have continued writing fanfiction!
25 | « Prev Page 1 2