Reviews for Swan Song
GloriousCreation chapter 1 . 5/22
I spent the last few days reading this, even staying up well into the hours of night. I have to thank you for turning me into a fanfic-lover zombie (or at least I look like one). Haha. But I don't regret my lack of sleep because this story was magnificent. It had the perfect blend of action, romance, angst, humor, and everything else that I love. I adored all of your characters, especially Zack, Cloud, and Tifa. Zack was so down-to-earth and Cloud was just so sweet and protective. Tifa was beautiful and strong but also quite vulnerable with that type of ability. I'm surpised she didn't shun the whole world away (that's what I would've done). Anyways, I was quite devastated with what happened, but it did fit with the theme and general dark feel of the story. I just feel so sorry for Cloud and Aerith. I admit that I was afraid to start this story because of the tragedy genre, but I'm glad I gave it a chance. This has become one of my favorite fanfictions. Thank you for this awesome story and I hope to read more of your work.
You Light The Sky chapter 2 . 4/13
Cool! :)
Aisha Kaltinera chapter 36 . 4/11
I must admit, this last chapter wasn't as strong as your other ones, if only because the sudden shift in perspective was a little vague, several times I found myself trying to figure out if it was Tifa or Cloud narrating.
Otherwise, I think this was a remarkable fic, and I really loved how you did just about everything else. It was really enjoyable, and I really liked how you did each character (though I admit, for what little screentime we get of her, your Yuffie felt a little shaky). They felt very /rounded/, and I really liked how you characterized Rufus. The supernatural elements, I found, were handled really well, and Tifa's reactions to them felt very real to me.
punkiemonkie chapter 36 . 1/6
Not sure if you'll remember me as I've been away from Fanfiction for several years now, but I've always been a huge fan of your writing, so after receiving a notification that you were writing a sequel for this and realizing I never got to read the end, I just had to come back and finish it. :3

This is so unbelievably beautiful in the best way Dark, ugly and by no means happily ever after, but so, so beautiful. Completely hooked me in emotionally the whole way through, and the ending, especially how everything fits together, has blown me away. Absolutely loved this; can't wait to read the sequel. :)
thegirlwhosinlovewithapen chapter 24 . 1/18/2014
THIS IS SOO FREAKING SWEET I AM GONNA DIE! I SO LOVE TIFA AND CLOUD PAIRING AS WELL AS ZACH AND AERITH! AAH! I'm gonna die!
sam chapter 36 . 11/10/2013
Years have passed and I still keep coming back to this story...re-read this a couple of times already because of how cloud and tifa met and how their love story progressed..and also how the characters just fit into the story... hoping for a closure and more cloti stories from you... thanks... (seems that I can't get over the cloti fan in me..)
Rose23527 chapter 36 . 9/27/2013
I love this story it's kind of sad when tifa die'd but is it going to continue? Somehow tell me.
iluvkingdomheartz chapter 36 . 7/31/2013
I really really enjoyed your story and i almost wish it didnt have to end. I am looking forward to ur sequel and i cannot wait to see what became of Cloud and the others. By far this is my favorite CloTi story. I loved the characters and laughed at a lot of Tifa's narration. This story was very well thought out and enticing i liked it a lot
Ghibli Ninja chapter 36 . 5/24/2013
Just finished this story all over again... and it got even more beautiful.
I also read your profile, and I have to say, I agree with you on everything you said about Aeris and Clearis. I hate how large groups of Clearis fans are all: "Cloud should've been with Aeris cause she's nicer. And she was so selfless, giving her life like that to the planet!" Ugh. Think people! Everyone in the Avalanche group would have done the exact same thing if they could've (except maybe Cid or Vincent), but Aeris just happened to be the Last Cetra, making her the only one for whom it was possible.
Although I do not love Aeris as much as Tifa, I still love her alot and think that she at least deserves enough respect from fans (and her own ones at that) to get her own distinct personality. She's not just a sweet, beautiful girl who became a martyr for the sake of the world. All of these descriptions could easily fit Tifa as well (if she happened to be a Cetra).
I also agree that just because Tifa seems jealous of Aeris in the game, it doesn't make her a bitch. Everyone gets that feeling at some point in their lives, and who's to say that Aeris wasn't jealous of Tifa? The main thing is that Tifa never acted on her feelings of jealousy. She never went out of her way to split Aeris and Cloud up, even though they were never a couple in the first place! She was too shy and nice to do that.
Oh, and don't even get me started on that love at first sight thing? You took the words out of my mouth. Now, I'm not saying that I don't believe in it. But for Cloud, love at first sight is just not possible. Why? Because he is a veeeeery slow and dense character who couldn't even tell his childhood crush that he liked her since the age of seven until she went into his brain and found out for herself when they were in their twenties... It even took him two damn years to get out of his guilt phase for Aeris, and even longer than that in the case of Zack.

All I'm saying is, Aeris was a great character in her own right. But frankly, she just wasn't there long enough in Cloud's life for him to fall in love with her. She only knew him for a few months! So there really was no conceivable way for him to actually be in love with her. I'm not saying there was no attraction. I'm not even saying he didn't love her. I'm just saying that he wasn't in love with her.
Ghibli Ninja chapter 17 . 5/24/2013
"You're sure you're done talking? ...Aeris, I love you."
Nobody but Zack can turn insults into a love confession at the drop of a hat, and still make it successful.

And that's exactly why we love him :D
Ghibli Ninja chapter 7 . 5/22/2013
I love how Tifa's all: "Maybe they're lovers and life partners and Denzel's their adopted son."
And then she's like: : "It's a cover up!"
You got me absolutely bawling with laughter... because it sounds like something Tifa would say :P
Artimenner chapter 36 . 5/13/2013
I would gladly follow a sequel to this amazing story.
L2 chapter 36 . 3/9/2013
Damn...this was really good. I honestly read out you whole story in a day, I was too hoked on it. I especialy loved you protrayal of the characters, I haven't read a Cloti this good in a while. The fact that its a tragedy makes it sooo much better too. I loved it. I loved your story too bits and pieces.

I sooo can not wait for your sequel. I thank you for keping me entertained :)
DangoDaikazaku chapter 36 . 2/20/2013
so good! TT_TT
Aki no Ryu chapter 18 . 2/19/2013
Whee! Whee! Oh, come on, Tifa, you wouldn't be pursuing this if you didn't really love him. Don't deny it... hehe I like how she refers to the guys as 'my men.'