Reviews for Griever's Taint
Platinum J chapter 8 . 1/14/2013
wow...the ending is messed up.

Squal becoming Greiver and Rinoa became Ultimecia?you sure proved the theory by fans yaknow...I LIKE IT!ITS SO DAMN AWESOME!
Rhagar chapter 8 . 7/10/2012
Wow... just wow. I must say (even if you don't see this as it has been several years) that this fic is the kind of Dark fic I was looking for. It is very Ultimecia-ish, if you know what I mean.

And the relationship Ultimecia/Squall is very good, really. It's very believable. I liked especially chap. 7 when she shows that she cares about Squall/Griever, in her own way. Is it love, though? Nm, perhaps. But I really liked this so... LET'S OPEN THE CHAMPAGNE!

How I wish there were more Squall/Ultimecia fics. While there are several one-shots, they don't really live up to the expectations of the pairing. I certainly like this one more than Squall/Rinoa as it gives you the opportunity to explore the depths of a twisted mind.

Ja ne!
DeadRequiem chapter 8 . 2/13/2012
I must say I rather enjoyed this story and Squalls inevitable slip into absolute madness. At about the last few paragraphs of the final chapter the intro section of the final boss song The Extreme poped into my head, and it ended hid downward spiral into darkness complete. So to this I thank you for such a brilliant and well put together short story.
Firehedgehog chapter 8 . 8/9/2010
woah.. scary
MuzaiandYuuzai chapter 8 . 6/4/2010
That was wonderful.

I was looking for something like this for a while and your fic just blew me away. It's diffrent and scary, but mysterious and strangely romantic.

I love it!
A Reviewer chapter 8 . 10/6/2009
Clearly, I jumped on the bandwagon way late. I just started playing Dissidia recently and, with only two FFVI characters in the game, it was inevitable I'd eventually start considering their tie. And suddenly like a brick it hit me, "What if Ultimecia had picked Squall instead of that lamer Seifer?" This is one of those answers, and it rocked so hard. I'd love to see more of this/something like this some day. Great job.

later
arcnologia chapter 8 . 8/13/2009
I love it! Absolutely excellently written!

The ending was nice, but still, I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel. :p
Queen000 chapter 8 . 7/21/2009
You know, I don't normally read stories like this, simply because I've always viewed Final Fantasy 8 having a happy ending and all, but I have to say I'm glad I right-clicked the link that led me to this blood bath. It was amazingly well written and very extrodinary in its execution. Squall's slow and sure descent into madness was believable as well as the brief identity crisis he went through even after he fell from grace, so to speak. But I have to say the part that scared me the most was at the end (which I won't talk about in case there are readers who like to read reviews before the actual story); i sat at my computer staring at the screen for a full five minutes before I decided that I _really_ needed to leave a review.

All in all, it was an amazing read and I have to thank you for writing this dark fic out; there are just too few good stories on this site anymore, which is something that makes me kind of sad. My only complaint was your description of Zell; he did not have a mohawk, but his bangs were jelled up so that they stood on end (I always think he looks more like a chocobo that way :D).

At any rate, I hope you find this review constructive enough, and I look forward to reading more of what you write in this particular fandom.

ciao *waves*

Queen0
Bluegoat chapter 8 . 4/7/2009
I'm glad the trippy came back this chapter! The ending is satisfyingly horrific. I wouldn't have expected less. So Squall is this duality of Squall and Griever that can be good or terrible respectively, and he chooses Griever in the end? So you really did show that everyone can be corrupt by showing that everyone has the two options and therefore potential in either direction? I'm not sure if my interpretation is your intention, but I appreciate very much that your story is though provoking. And trippy. I can't forget to mention that again. Great stuff!
Bluegoat chapter 7 . 4/7/2009
Ok, so I think I understand where you're going with Squall's transformation here. At first he was mostly unwilling, but in this one Ultimecia lets him remember everything and he still chooses her because now he's been corrupted? Rockin'. I see there's one more chapter and I'm interested in how it will end. I wish some of the initial trippy quality of this fic had endured, but I see that it would be really hard to do if it's going to resolve coherently.
Bluegoat chapter 6 . 4/7/2009
So basically in this fic the game's plot unfolded about the same but minus Squall? By chapter five you had me hooked. The freakish relationship between Squall and Ultimecia is really interesting to me. I actually felt bad for him when it seemed like she had turned to treating him like a dumb servant and he was a little disappointed. Griever is awesome. That being Squall's new identity is grand.
Bluegoat chapter 5 . 4/7/2009
So...this is creepy, scary and trippy in very positive ways. However. Squall's transformation has been presented in a way that is unbelievable to me. Now don't get me wrong, a plot doesn't have to be realistic to be fantastic (no pun intended) but if you intend to illustrate a significant point here about how even good or heroic people can become corrupt, then I think this doesn't quite do it. His change here is sudden, apparently willing, (which I judge you meant to show from the Martine comment and Squall's own thoughts,) and for those reasons, inexplicable.

Although you may already have an explanation that hasn't been presented yet. Also, this is great even without a realistic transition between original Squall and trippy horror Squall. So actually I have a very positive opinion of your fic, even if this review seems negative.
Bluegoat chapter 4 . 4/7/2009
Ok, I know I said it was official before, but now it's official. This horror fic rocks. I'm scared, excited, and freaked out at the same time. He doesn't regret killing them! He doesn't recognize people he knew anymore! Is he going to confront and kill his friends? This might as well just get as horrible as possible, yes? lol
Bluegoat chapter 3 . 4/7/2009
Holy crap! I officially love this. That was definitely unexpected, although as Squall killed the first one I figured out what it must have been. I can see why this is horror genre.
Bluegoat chapter 2 . 4/7/2009
Wow, this is really eerie. So is the creature Griever or what?
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »