Reviews for Guarded
Obelish chapter 11 . 10/30/2008
Hey, I haven't reviewed in quite a while, but I'm still reading your story. You write better than most people I've seen here, so I respect you for that. Keep it up.
ashehole chapter 11 . 10/29/2008
Lol. Thi whole site is practically infested with hormonal, teenage girls. Hahaha. Some are just better than others!

Like you. I love this story. Of course, I never loved Atton as much as I did Carth, but still, there is great love for that man.

This story is amusing, and to be honest... I love Carra! D Go, Exile!

... v.v Fangirl moment, sorry.

Can't wait for the update!
Jen DeClan chapter 11 . 10/27/2008
I second the thought-you DON't write like a hormal teen, tee hee! I absolutely LOVE your Atton-it's spot on and Carra is driving him to distraction. Are you going to include the dancer's outfit because he may lose it for good if he sees her in that. Loved the Mical-bashing. Keep it up!
Ceville chapter 11 . 10/27/2008
Shameful as it is to say this...

I'm looking forward to the fluff.

xDD

But seriously, I'm glad you're not jumping into it.

Or having Carra throw herself at Atton.

It's a nice change from the other stories where they immediately fall head over heels for each other and act like lust-crazed, hormonally unstable teenagers.

Nice work.

D
PurpleJessica chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
No way! You're doing this from ATTON'S POV? That is so awesome I may start hyperventilating! This is so going on my favorites list!
Chasing Liquor chapter 11 . 10/26/2008
Ah! Yet another fantastic update. And you're quite welcome for the compliment. I'm all for shameless fluff (in fact, I'm eager to read yours next chapter) and conflict, but I can't stand it when characters behave like, as discussed, erratic teens. For instance, I read a story recently where the Exile slapped Atton about four times during his admission about his past on Nar'Shada. Yes, because that's becoming of this lightside Jedi character.

Anyway...

Predictably loved this chapter. Atton's grumbling discord was precious, and I like how he and Carra have grown close enough that she easily sees through his facades. I love how gentle and thoughtful she is as a character, and how she is able to admit when she is wrong. In addition, having her make that unnecessary error and be hurt by it in her fight with the thugs was a very welcome addition. Another problem with a lot of fan fiction is writers not wanting to make their Exiles "look bad" (when in reality, it's just humanizing them). You expertly avoid that.

Happy writing. I look forward to more.
RJJJ chapter 10 . 10/24/2008
another great chapter, callalili.

looking forward to next chap.
Prologue chapter 10 . 10/23/2008
You'll have to pardon me for being too lazy to log in. I really love this fic so far though and I'm really looking forward to the next update. I can't wait for the romance and angst and all too. :)
Airen chapter 10 . 10/21/2008
I love your characterizations so much. I think Atton is deceptively difficult to write for some people, but you pulled off his personality perfectly. He's tired and cranky and it hurts to look at Dantooine but he's out there following the Exile around like a duckling nonetheless. A very grouchy duckling.

And again, I have to say that I adore your Exile. She's kind and intelligent while also being sweetly naive. I laugh every time she says something like, "I'll just go talk to them! Lalalala!" I can just FEEL poor Atton wanting to tear his hair out. She's hilarious. I also really like how she is just as guarded as Atton is, and for every inch he gives, she gives one too. It's very fun to watch.

Good luck on your midterms!
Jen DeClan chapter 10 . 10/19/2008
WOw-thank u for this! You write Atton better than any author. Thanks for taking the time to write instead of study. I'm sure the Force will reward you. I give you an A if that helps!

U get across all his emotions and I rally liked that just being on Dantooine actually hurt him.

Get those finals over so we can have more!
Chasing Liquor chapter 10 . 10/18/2008
Another very good update. Totally worth failing your midterms.

Kidding; I hope those go well for you.

Your Exile continues to be well-written. Trust me: it's a breath of fresh hair after reading countless stories where she behaves like a whiny teenager (probably, I guess, because the stories are written by hormonal teens). Yours, though frustrating in how cryptic she is (which is intentional, obviously, and works well), is very level-headed, kind, and thoughtful - just the way I always played through the game.

Atton continues to be wonderful - the reluctant hero trying so hard not to be altruistic, when really it's in his heart to care for and help people.

Can't wait to read more from you.
Ceville chapter 10 . 10/18/2008
Poor Atton.

He always gets told off by people.

xD
Alpha Vegetable chapter 9 . 10/18/2008
Heh heh heh! Boring AND dangerous! How do they do that?

Love the friendly banter. Carra is certainly not as repressed as good little Jedi are meant to be!
The Lark chapter 9 . 10/16/2008
Loving the story so far! You've got Atton's character down cold, and your version of the Exile is likable. Keep the good stuff coming.
Jen DeClan chapter 9 . 10/16/2008
What was wrong with this guy? Had he been reading too many romances? Maybe had a datapad or two smashed over his head?

Great line as were so many others. Medbay! Ha! Atton she got ya!

This was my favorite so far. Bao was spot on as was Mical and Atton is such fun. Carra is a bit naive, but with Jedi that's pretty much a given

Want more! And we readers understand about LIFE keeping you from replying Want you to know I am really enjoying this.
195 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »