Reviews for Inside Politics
Slightlyobsessed chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
I love love love this story. It was the first one I read of yours I read (oh so long ago) and I absolutely fell in love with your writings.

So the revised one is amazing too, but could you maybe post the old one as well?
Lilybet.Kate chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
well written and i like the idea. I like most of your stories actually :D

xxo
Daughter of Nature chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
I really liked this. You know I'm not an AJ fan past WWRLAM, but I still liked it even though I kept mixing up Alanna and Thayet as 'the Queen' even after I knew for sure that Alanna was the queen. I really loved your characterisation of Alanna. She was just so relaxed and comfortable with herself, and just generally larger than life. And I loved how amused she was by Daine's confusion, and the way she just grinned and winked at her. It would've been a priceless scene to watch happening!

Great job, I think you did really well at bringing all the characters to life, and you obviously took a lot of time keeping things similar to the book but also changing them in your own way.
LadyBluePhoenix chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
I was just as confused as Diane.
math music reading chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
That was hilarious! I loved the misunderstanding, it made sense and what everyone said could have gone both ways. That was simply brilliant.
jayley chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
lol, even with the summary i was as confused as daine!
MaileS chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
I really hope you post how things ended up like this. I love this version of Tortall.
concerto49 chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
The button is now green. Interesting author notes - sounds like you have a commercial side as well. This fanfic sure shows a different side of you. Yeah, I decided to take a read after remembering you saying something about 'posh on paper' - and you're right to some extent. Being a fanfic and me being not too familiar with them, I won't comment too much on the story and the rest of it - like I'll assume description is mainly scarce due to readers being familiar with the scenery already.

This piece does feel fantasy and mythical - writing wise - the almost classic style but not quite - I wonder if you always write like this. It almost reminds me of how I once wrote - not for good or bad - just things like commas after every 'and' and talk about commas then. I noticed a lot of similarities - sentence structure, phrasing - not quite - but similar.

What gets me is the 'telling' - though some parts are hard to show properly - I believe I just got told off too much that I got accustomed to disliking it.

I haven't read the original, but this sounds interesting on its own - not so much I guess since it's hard to relate, but still. Kudos for the vocab and grammar.
cathaya chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
hanyan! there's something to be said here: i wish this was canon. gods, do i. poor Daine, i certainly shared her confusion ... eccentric indeed! very well written; it's a believable alternative, and i'm impressed at how well you've made things work between the characters, and how well they've adapted to Tamora's plot despite the, shall we say, mixed relationships.
Scarletmage chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
This story is excellent as well!
Alanna of Mars chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
This is an awesome story. I think that Daine's confusion is hilarious.
bellachaos chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
Great story! It really threw me for a loop halfway through the story when I realized that I (like Daine) had the complete wrong end of the stick concerning who was queen of Tortal. The plot was interesting and unexpected and you gave certain characters vastly different roles in life without changing their personalities. Joden is a adorable! I would love to read more fics set in this alternate storyline if you are inclined to write them.
s22 chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
I love this story. When I got to the when Diane realizes who was Queen the first time I was really confused. I ended up having to go back and read it again. Fantastic job with this story and I hope to read the prequel soon.
Tortall101 chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
I really enjoyed this story and joined Daine in her confusion at the beginning over who was Queen! :)

However I found the overall story slightly disjointed with not enough background and joining paragraphs - some introduction at the beginning would also not have gone amiss.

But I did really enjoy reading it :D
tortallanrider chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
that was so unbelievably cool. i was just as confused as daine was. awesomely done. I REALLY WANT TO HEAR THAT STORY!