Reviews for The Least I Can Do
reader50 chapter 3 . 11/6
I enjoyed your story. The only thing that I would have liked to see added was some type of snark from Dean about him saying something about when you look like him all the guys are jealous and want to beat him up. Because, let's face it, Jensen Ackles is one beautiful looking man. thank you for sharing,
shanzipanz chapter 3 . 4/24/2014
Very well written. Great job! I absolutely loved your plot and dialogue. Both felt real to the show and the characters personalities. I'm going to go read more of your work now!
TolkienGirl chapter 3 . 2/7/2014
Great story. Really awesome and moving and perceptive.
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
I'm enthralled. This is fantastic.
ManicTater chapter 3 . 11/14/2013
Deprivation vs loss, shit on, man. That's my well thought response. As you can see, well communicated anslysis is not my strength :-) . But I'm thankful that it is yours.

You would be kick ass at Teen Wolf fic, too.
ManicTater chapter 2 . 11/14/2013
Same review ad last chapter.
ManicTater chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
Omg, this is AMAZING. The characterizations are brilliant.
SongbirdGK chapter 2 . 5/13/2013
You are rapidly becoming one of my favorite authors for SPN. I just appreciate how much thought goes into the technical details and characterization. And it seems that your research and ponderings have paid off, because everything is pretty spot-on.

It's also nice to get an insider view on John. I think a lot of the fandom tends to caricaturize the Winchesters in a way that paints John in a very negative, even two-dimensional, light, but here you have side-stepped that completely. You have done a fantastic job of exploring the family dynamic without overdramaticizing their interactions, and it cuts close enough to home that I can actually see my own family in there...

Anyways, good job. It's deep, it's believable, it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. You win. :D
Curious6 chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
"His fingers digging into the spaces between Dean's, as if they were his war trenches. This is my territory. I'm in for the long haul."

"Sam was looking through the world the way Dean painted it."

"John raised a fricking salesman. He wondered what Dean was going to be selling on the stand today."

What a fantastic story. The writing is beautiful.
inuyashaxkagome321 chapter 2 . 11/22/2012
This story is amazing! I love the social services thing. I always wondered how the heck they got away w/ so much when Sam and Dean were younger, and this helps clear it up a bit. thanks!
thethreebroomsticks69 chapter 3 . 11/22/2012
I really love pro-John fics and I love them because they're so rare! At least on this site. So, great job with this one. I especially loved the first two chapters. I wish you'd add more or write on other missing moments.

I think this season could really use John Winchester. God knows when he'll be back on the show :'(
ackeberlynn chapter 3 . 2/1/2012
Major respect to you for writing a story involving CPS and actually taking the time to do the research, even if you didn't get into the nitty-gritty. Coming from a family that takes in foster kids, and thus becoming personally acquainted with the imperfections of necessary system, I truly appreciate it. I've read other stories on here in other fandoms, that have made me cringe. Not yours though. It may not have been realistic (first because I doubt John would ever be careless enough to get caught by CPS, and second because if he ever did, the boys for sure would be taken away - kids are taken away from their parents for less all the time in reality) but at least you did the homework.
ccase13 chapter 3 . 12/7/2011
I hope you posted the every now and then fic in the preview.
Miso Muchi chapter 3 . 7/31/2011
Gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous! I think my favourite part was Dean saying only the good die young and Sam is downright nasty.

Loved it!
lilykep chapter 2 . 11/21/2010
The Winchester family dynamic intrests me. It was easier for Dean to forgive his father's shortcomings because he was a partner to John not a child. John depended on Dean not only to pick up the slack with Sam, but also as a confidant to John's doubts and fears. Having people depending on him fostered Dean's selfless-ness. Dean had a typical single-parent upbringing whereas Sam had a more traditional parent-child roles with both John and Dean. John was cast as the stern unaproachable father (not totally untrue) and Dean as the caring supportive "mother" figure (God he'd hate being described that way). I think John tried to preserve a sence of normalcy by keeping these traditional rolls intact. However all he really managed to do was participate in his own villification. OMG! I do ramble. My point is I think you did a good job. If anyone is intrested in hearing more of this nutty little brain trip of mine please feel free to message me cause I can go on and on.
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »