Reviews for My Brother's Keeper
irismay42 chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
*Finally* ffnet lets me leave a review!

Well we all need brotherly schmoop every now and then! That was just lovely - you had Dean's growing sense of panic and fear down perfectly, and Toddler!Sammy was adorable! I also liked how you didn't make John a complete scumbag - that he was just relieved to see his kids okay and in one piece.

Lovely stuff!
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
I love your touch with the Weechesters - and with John; he's still, well, John but not quite so heavy-handed as he becomes later in life.

Loved this: "Dean!” John barked. He heard the squeak of Dean’s tennis shoes stopping abruptly on the tiled floor."

Squeaky sneakers is such a definitive kid thing.

And the reason Sam got mixed up? Hee. Doesn't stop with kids either. While on holiday I was in a trendy restaurant and must have stared at the funky, stylized symbols on the restroom doors for 30 seconds trying to figure out which was 'men' and which was 'women'. Sometimes simple is better.

Keep on schmoopin' - you do it so well!
Chiiyo86 chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
Hey, I wanted to let a review yesterday, but apparently it was not working...

Aw, they're so cute! I like that even if they're so young in this fic, we still recognize the boys we all know and love as adults.

But I'm a bit puzzled: why "stallions" and "mares" would be written on the bathroom's doors (I think I know what the words mean)? You know, what's funny is that in France, in general men's and women's bathrooms are distinguished by little pictures, and not by written words, and this whole story would not be possible here; so at first I was like "huh? what's going on?"

Still, I think I'm beginning to enjoy weechester's fics
Charlie Girl 79 chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
Excellent fic! loved Dean checking under the door, getting caught and banging his head. Loved Johns appreciation of all Dean does for the family and acknowledging his reliance on his son.
carocali chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
Sorry I'm so behind! I knew the second I had a minute (time trials, anyone) I'd have to get to your story. And it was SO incredibly sweet!

At first I wondered what happened, then it occurred to me that he'd gone into the ladies room. Poor little guy! And I think you captured the voice of a three-year-old really well! I HATE when people 'baby talk' the boys. Anyone who's been around a child that age knows they can form sentences! It's kind of scary at times!

By far, my favorite line:

“Dean, you’re holding me too tight,” Sammy protested a moment later, squirming in Dean’s grasp. “You squeezed tears out.”

So wonderful!

Thanks for the schmoop!

:D

Caroline
charis-kalos chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
Aw, I love the brotherly schmoop! And which crazy person thought that "mares and stallions" was a good way of distinguishing between bathrooms? Obviously small children were going to be confused! *sends nasty vibes to whoever made that decision*
bhoney chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
I LOVED this fic. You do the weeChesters so well, and it always makes me so happy when you write one with them.

Although, this did break my heart just a little: "A frown crossed John’s face as he tried to remember the last time Dean had come to him for any of those things." So sad, that Dean doesn't turn to anyone for comfort or anything.

Glad Sam ended up just in the wrong bathroom. I was a little freaked out for a minute when the drunk was in the men's room. Loved that Dean peeked under the door to make sure that Sammy wasn't in there (and also his fiercely protective streak that came out then). I was also a little freaked when you said Dean had learned early on to watch out for human threats-glad you explained, and it wasn't as bad as I feared.

Loved how sweet Dean was with Sammy over the "accident" and how Sam refused to budge from the bathroom without Dean. And Sammy holding onto Dean's belt loop/shirttail. So sweet.

And of course I loved this: "The moment his father had placed baby Sammy in his arms and told him to run from their burning house, Dean had known it. He was the big brother and it was his job to look after his little brother...He smiled. It was a responsibility he didn’t mind in the least." *happy sigh* I love brotherly schmoop!
ephiny63 chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
Hey Sweety

I loved this little story, it was so cute and so visual I enjoyed the interactions with the boys and their father, so nice to see John just as a dad and not as a monster all of the time.

huggles Shelly
kokoda2007 chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
Perfect brotherly schmoop. Thank you. A very cute read.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
You had me worried there for a moment, but I couldn't figure out how anyone could have taken Sam and got by Dean. I did wonder if Sam had went in the wrong restroom.

I love that Sam remembered to wait for Dean and you did a great job with little Sammy's voice.

John was perfect as he reassured his boys that it was no one's fault that Sam went in the wrong restroom, even if Dean still felt guilty and I'm sure that Dean did start trying to teach Sam to read the next day.

Interesting thoughts from John, as he considered how much Dean does for Sam and trying to remember the last time Dean came to him for comfort.

It was a treat to just read a story that didn't involve demons, near death or injuries, just a story that makes one smile. Thank you!

Until next time, take care.
Lily chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
SO CUTE!
poohbear123 chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
that was so cute. Love Dean taking care of

sammy
carolej126 chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
Very nicely done! I thought you had little Sammy and Dean down perfectly. The end was definitely an "aw" moment as Sammy held on to the hem of Dean's shirt. Carole
Nana56 chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
We are triplets! Awesome! Very, very cute and I do love cute. Thanks, hon. A great little fic.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
That was an awesome and cute story! Poor little Sammy, accidentally going into the 'ladies' as he was looking for the shorter word on the doors! Stallions and Mares indeed - they should have put pictures on the doors too!

Kinda guessed that Sammy had gone into the wrong toilets when Dean couldn't find him in the men's and he knew that Sammy hadn't gone past him! And poor little kid when Dean got in there, embarrassed as he'd had an accident!

Nice to have an understanding John for once, relieved that his youngest was safe and knowing it wasn't his eldests fault at all!

And so cute, Sammy falling asleep on the way home although trying so hard to keep his eyes open!
45 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »