Reviews for The Nightingale
silbs chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
PERFECTION. The usage of your words are just divine. And the way you bring back th subject to the pen and paper is so perfect: the transitions hnnnngg.
stayuseless chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
wow. just... i dont know what to say. you captured the feeling so completely. i actually got a little teary.
ishxallxgood chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
I feel kinda silly commenting 2.5 years later... but whatever. :)

You did an absolutely amazing job capturing Reira (and Takumi). Shame there's not more Reira Takumi fics (well NANA fics in general I suppose) out there. Thanks for helping me get m fix after re-reading NANA for the 5th time. I really wish Ai Yazawa would continue already...

/ends rant.
Rose chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
Reira is one of my favourite characters and I really think that out of the whole series, aside from Ren and Nana, they are meant to be. I think that he knows he can never make a woman truly happy and chose not to be with her from the beginning. Because he didn't want to hurt the woman he truly loves; Reira. I'm sorry for Hachi for being caught up in the middle. You did Reira justice. Keep on the good work.
girl of spunk chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
Aww, this story made Layla more tolerable of a character for me.

You really put her heart ache into words very well. D
EliXD chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
hi, my friend really like this fanfic, and she wants me to translate it into chinese

and post it at post., with credits to the author

if you could reply me at that would be great.

thnx

Eli
Miss Hydrangea chapter 1 . 10/30/2008
I just started (and finished) the anime up to episdoe 47. Don't I feel accomplished? My brain may be somewhat fried, though, so bear with me. In terms of the manga, I've only read the first volume, so I don't know whether everything you've said in here actually comes from the manga or if you made up the school children part and other such scenes.

You begin with a few typos, but you seemed to get into the rhythm of things as you went on, and so there were less typos later on in the work.

You did very well in conveying Reira's voice, I think- she has a sort of childlike quality at times, but also a lot of bitterness. The "paper all along!" seemed as if it went too far into a light tone, which sort of discombobulated me for a moment, as it broke the mood. Still, overall, I like this.

Takumi was developed quite nicely, by the way.

And the style of your writing reflected the content, which made the reading experience fun and engaging.

Keep writing!

Ms. H
Maya Takameru chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
Reira isn't one of my favorite characters either, but I love this fanfic. You've describe her feelings in an incredible way, it transmits all their pain. Really wonderful )
u t o p i o chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
i love love love this. i dont think reira gets enough, you know, reira-time in the manga. it's nice to know how she feels about her songwriting and about takumi. thanks for writing this!

*favs*
Seren McGowan chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
I liked it! A LOt!

Reira is my fav character of Nana *w* and I think you wrote her feelings amazingly well!

Congrats! goes to favs!
Lechu chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
I love this shot!
cherriim chapter 1 . 9/16/2008
Ooh, very nice. Very detailed, very poetic.

I absolutely adored this. It was wonderful.