Reviews for The Yaoi Problem
NatNicole chapter 9 . 9/17
...Isn't the whole point of Y & X chromosomes making reproduction possible? If male pregnancy (or two women having a biological kid) could happen without involving science labs, there wouldn't be 2 human genders in the first place.
Also, you're absolutely right that babies DON'T make everything better. More often than not, it's the opposite of that which happens...
NatNicole chapter 6 . 9/17
Umm, I don't think A.U.s themselves are bad. The problem is when people make both the setting & characters completely unrecognizable.
NatNicole chapter 5 . 9/17
...Bashing a FICTIONAL character is disgustingly pathetic.
NatNicole chapter 4 . 9/17
Yep, depression varies between INDIVIDUALS an' is no joke. *nods in approval*
I always figured the reason Roxas, Xion & Namine can get depressed is because 2 of 'em aren't even normal Nobodies (pretty sure Ven's Heart was inside Roxas to boot) an' Xion is actually a Replica (Riku's clone definitely had emotions, so...).
NatNicole chapter 3 . 9/17
*grins, nodding in agreement with the guy's - The logical one is a guy, right?
I'm pretty sure that's what was said in the previous Chapter... - logic*
I myself write fanfics entirely for wish-fulfillment, but a) I'm not a shipper so romance almost never takes top priority in any of my stories an' b) I spend anywhere from a few hours to a few years going over most of the key details of my stories in an attempt to ensure good writing.
Wish-fulfillment is the whole point of writing fanfiction, at least in my opinion. However, keeping the canon characters as familiar as possible makes a ton of sense. If that can't be done, at least better have the setting itself be similar to canon, right?
NatNicole chapter 2 . 9/17
Nah, this isn't preachy at all! It's completely logical an' I like your approach to this problem. *grins like Sora*
The thing about romance fiction, be they fanfics or even officially published stories (the characters' gender doesn't matter when it comes to this), is that their writers often forget that relationships take TIME to form and that physical attraction is in no way enough for a bond to be 100% based on. There has to be mutual trust as well, or else the two people involved might as well view each other as just one-night-stand buddies (which isn't necessarily bad itself, but definitely doesn't fit if the pair were supposed to be a couple in the Author's eyes).

Anyhoo, sorry for my lecturing. This story is both amusing & very interesting so far! *gives a thumbs-up*
DreamWings231 chapter 13 . 9/13
This is great. The lectures are all great to learn from to get people's heads out of their asses.
Spyrkle10 chapter 13 . 1/3/2016
This story is good for a few laughs once in a while. And it gives good advice on what not to do when you desperately want to write a romance fic.
Spyrkle10 chapter 10 . 1/3/2016
Your jokes are great, believe me. And with ukes, you forgot about the uke vs. seme thing. With the fragile descriptions and whines and basically oodles of prose about the clingy, delicate effeminate guy and his strong, lean seme partner. Oh well.
Spyrkle10 chapter 9 . 1/3/2016
I read this one story where the canon couple has to switch the baby from the mom to the dad in order to protect the mom since she has an evil demon sealed in her gut (in canon, the mom gave birth and then she died). And I think I read one where the usual uke in the non-canon yaoi couple tries to convince his partner that he's pregnant as a joke.
Spyrkle10 chapter 5 . 1/3/2016
Self-parodying fanfiction without intentional bad grammar should be more common. It's hilarious when you can actually read it. So three cheers for your good grammar!
Spyrkle10 chapter 3 . 1/3/2016
I really hate all the AU high school/real world fics. I'm sure they're good, but it's really sad that many, many, many highly reviewed KH fics are AUs with the real world. Change the names and it's like an original story. The realistic (mostly) characters AND the unique, symbol-filled setting are what make the Kingdom Hearts story so attractive (besides Mickey Mouse). The characters can be taken away, but the setting should stay. Characters without the setting just aren't the same.
Spyrkle10 chapter 2 . 1/3/2016
I don't think the "no lemons/sex" rule should apply in all cases. Sometimes it's okay. Like a post-canon/KH3 story. After a few paragraphs of exposition, lemon. Or if you don't want to just do a 'fade to black' scene and instead want to show how the physical portion of their love is only a reflection of their mental/emotional love for each other and how both parts of their relationship are important. Though doesn't agree with me at all, as many great stories with a few lemons have been deleted. Hooray for backups and AO3!
Katteilpawz chapter 5 . 11/4/2015
Your previous chapters strike ACCURATE on fanbrat's typical cargo, but this chapter...

As an MLP FIM fan, i've seen just how humane the "fandom" is, with character ruining and ofcourse shipping wars, and this fic NAILED IT ALL.

I ship Fluttercord, and i like this:)
Katteilpawz chapter 3 . 11/4/2015
You sir, has resonated to us. Good work