Reviews for Then You Stand
Isis4 chapter 7 . 7/6/2012
I just read what you have so far and I have to say"Please, continue!". It was hard to read at first, but you portray very well how the characters would react and handle this situation. I like the slow pace... The small details make the difference! Love how you combine their thoughts...
saga chapter 7 . 7/31/2011
Thank you so much for this story and id really like to read more of this. Right now I dont have any critisism or anythig else in my mind, but i just wanted you to now, that you have one reader more.
Mei55 chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
Hello.. it's me again.

Of course I don't want to bother you, but please, PLEASE, continue this fanfic! I'm still thinking about it a lot and in my opinion the story should have a worthily end!

I don't remember another story that fascinated my that much like this one did!

There are so many people who think the same or something that's similar to my thoughts, so, again, please do them and me a favour... please continue...

Cheers,

Mei55
Mei55 chapter 7 . 8/17/2010
Ohhhhhh! I just read your story and you really have to continue it, please!

Your style is great, your story is it, too. It's so interesting and I have to know how it ends. I think there are a lot of readers who also want to know how it will end.

Why didn't you continue up to now? Don't you like it any more? We like it!

Please, think about it :(
Litschi chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Very very great chapter! Well written, very interesting! I love your stil, writting, how you describe that all so well!

Good job! _
Haruka Minamino chapter 1 . 11/24/2009
I stumbled into this fic wondering if its author was capable of integrating a rape scene in that one incident in both the manga and anime where I seriously thought, "Really, it's amazing, how come no-one would've thought she was a woman after all that liquor?" I was also wondering how it was possible that with Oscar being so dangerously close to men at all times, none of them made violent passes at her once they found out about her sex. (Save for Andre, but that was a fit of desperation, and we all know that did not quite count.) I am telling you, the world of BeruBara is too clean and too safe sometimes. It was difficult to fathom how Oscar's personal space and personhood would not have been violated in some way given the situations she was in.

You took my ideas and ran with it beautifully. Essentially, what you did was pose a situation to them that, although not original to the universe these characters were a part of, would have been completely possible in that universe. You've imbibed every single character with his and her nuances, keeping everyone close to their original selves.

I am very grateful not to have written this fic because I don't think I'd have been able to make it unfold so believably, and harrowingly, as you have.

Thank you very much, dear author, for this splendid piece of work.

Now, a continuation if you please...?
Krimhild chapter 7 . 9/21/2009
Please, You have to continue this story!

It's just excelent, and I love the way you keep each character's personality.
Alexandra chapter 7 . 5/24/2009
Hi Manna,

I just wanted to let you know that it's such a waste that you've not been writing for ROV for a while. Especially, "Then You Stand", please consider finishing it, it's a very interesting story with unusual events, so different, yet tempting and exciting.

I hope you gain your inspiration back and update this soon :)
oscar with out andre chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
Oh what was that It really horrible very terrible I just couldn't imagine something like this could be happen to my hero Oscar I was waiting all the terrible scene to some help would brought by André or anybody but that was really shocking me and also hurt my heart …..why did you let them do something ugly to her they really harm her very harmful I knew that thing could happen in the world and atrocity things would be happen but not to my hero I knew a something like this maybe occurrence but I didn't like to happened to my Oscar …I knew she was a woman at last and that something expected as many risks could happen to any woman working and fighting like her but really I didn't like that …..but your description about the feelings and emotions and the complicated ideas and options and also view points are so creative and suitable ….yes your describing about all events so detailed and good

But in this case about the rape and descriptions of it I didn't enjoy in any detail and I think you can be abbreviate repugnant events

It up to you finally …..and that is my opinion
Jen Jen chapter 7 . 4/22/2009
Hi Manna, it took me a lot of courage to start reading this story, and I could only handle one chapter every few days. As I had expected, it was very very depressing and haunting. What had happened to Oscar was indeed very brutal and ugly. I don't know what to say, but your writing was actually very cautious and detailed. This made the whole story seemed so real, which again made me very upset. Oscar's denial was very real too.

However, I understand that Oscar and Andre could handle one day at a time, but at the same time I hope you can speed things up a little bit. What will happen next? Will you finish this story?
The doughter of de Jarjayes chapter 5 . 3/17/2009
"She didn’t know what to do, what to say, or if she should even speak at all. It was hard to tell with him. Sometimes he wanted her voiced opinion, but other times he most certainly did not, and she couldn’t help but be worried that she would make the wrong choice."

Oh my god! that exactly how I think every time my father talked to me in! And for my bad luck I often made the wrong answer!Even thought he is not going to beat me, it would put me in more troubled situation!

I understand that very well ,and I understand how is it looks like to be in such a situation!Some times it is relay hard to understand one of your parents or even both of them especially if you think that you are not good enough as you should be, and that would make things even harder.

Thanks manna for mentioning that!

Waiting for the next chapter!
Shinigami chapter 7 . 2/20/2009
Hope for a update soon.

I like this story and the plot :)
Alexandra chapter 7 . 2/7/2009
No updates? :(

I'm dying to know what happens next!
lam yen nhi chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
a really good story, very attractive however I think it is developing really slowly with some unnecessery details. Thanks for posting. Really appreciate!
loulou.k chapter 7 . 10/21/2008
First, a mental note for myself " stop staring to the address for…too minutes and letting your thoughts wondering for what this chapter would be like to have that awesome title!"

Hello Manna!

With every new chapter I became more addicted to, it reminded me of "Memories"…you know like starting the chapter from the last one ending thoughts, I like that, and I liked this one very much.

And second, Hey Kasia! It’s not fair! Usually I'm the one how wrote long reviews, I'm going to be in Genies Book soon, what would I say more than yours? :( I'm helpless, but I'll try!

Well, I was in shock when I read Oscar's thoughts, they were as if my own…Just a little shift between December and January, and add two more years and the mach will be perfect …I always though that when I'll get 30th I'll look old, too white hair, too Wrinkles, too wise, so thank you God, I'm not like that at all _

(I could have cried… I was so confused. I was getting old though I hardly felt it) me too, so I'm having a habit these days, keep telling myself " you're getting old my dear me"" but she didn't listen!

(But why wasn’t he married?...The maids who worked for my family were always throwing him flirty looks) Oh, we talked about that before, remember?

(… but had never tried doing myself.) OK, I didn't understand, try to do what?

(I could only thank God that I would not be alone by myself) well, same thought from me…but the girls are unmarried around me not the men.

Oh, Nanny! I just love you…and Manna for putting you here!

What could the old heart of that woman holds more? She reminded me in my late Grandmother, she was soo tender for every one, and she was getting upset and coursed a lot when some of us took her worries in a funny or a careless way.

Oh yes, where is Madame de Jarjayes in all that mess?.

(He shook his head and closed his eyes, pulling out the soaking wet hair ribbon that tied his hair back. He threw it and it landed on his dresser in a messy pile.) Silly me, but I loved that scene _

(And every time he was in her presence, his dream of having her for his own didn’t even matter anymore. He got to spend nearly every moment by her side! So he kept telling himself that it was enough, it would have to be enough…) how helpless he was, just being there beside her without touching he was enough…now, where could I find a man think like that?

(Well, love could be blind. And it could be stupid. It had this uncanny ability to make someone weak in the knees, and the next minute, it would send a flare of jealousy that was white-hot down the back of one’s spine.) Ah, my favorite lines…And I felt that before!

(He would have to try harder… Not to win her affections, but…to make her feel…better? Safer…around him?) Just a little comment here, you said " Romance, while obviously a part of the story, is not the plot" actually that line explained that well, after Andre's struggling thoughts that line came to clear every thing is going to happen or how/why.

Andre will try his best to help her, to be with her, not to win her heart but to make her better…if it wasn't pure, real love he wouldn't think that way…and I /we wouldn't love you Andre!

(We were now much to big to sit in the same chair—though I’d have tried it anyway if I could) try to set in that same chair or read to her he would try? Well, both ideas made me smile in the middle of a misery scene _

(“Do you dream of me, Oscar?” I asked) I was like, Wh… o_O !did you said that a aloud Andre?

(If they knew I dabbled in the childhood love struck fantasies of an adolescent, they would certainly change their minds.) That's soo sweet…well, that's why we love you silly boy, being a crazy, helpless lover!

(I had the urge to reach through the hole to take her hand, but she was no longer a little girl, and I was no longer a little boy… I blushed to think of what might happen if I tried it. I didn’t dare.) AW…It's just …AwW….I'm melting here!

And one more thing, is it going to be a "habit" for Andre to stay/check on Oscar until she went to sleep and say good night? You wrote that…two…three times before! Not as if I'm have a problem with that, but I'm having a problem in sleeping these days and that thought doesn't give any HELP!

Looking forward to the next

Kisses,