Reviews for Porcelain
Bushwah chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Might-have-beens indeed. You stretch far...

But all in the name of an epic of truly epic proportions.
ChairoftheBored chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
That was so lovely - I love the kind of passive, life-goes-on approach you took. The way you described L's feelings on the day of his death way very effective, and the whole thing just gives the feeling of having missed something. Awesome :)
youroctober chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
-EDITS

-“I’d much rather to try look for leads on the case.” Should be “I’d much rather try to look for leads on the case.”

-“Since recently that ‘what’s” I think you meant “Since recently the ‘what’s”

-“It wouldn't have mattered, he supposes, because he's managed okay so far and he's not likely to need it in the future.” Confusion of verb tenses, since this section is in the past: “It wouldn’t have mattered, he supposed, because he had managed so far and he wasn’t likely to need it in the future.”

-CHARACTERS

Loving the mind games here. I love that Light gets L’s attention by having Matsuda ask him what’s wrong. It’s something he would do and it’s exactly the kind of mind games that work in Death Note. L’s riddle was great because then Light looks into it more than is healthy, wondering what he means by it, what kind of mind games L is also playing.

What I find really interesting here is this whole concept of Light when he loses his memories. L sees him as being innocent, and an equal in terms of intelligence, but then when he gets his memories back he returns to the mind games. L can see the difference. This is really fascinating, because the murders and Light’s self-appointed task age him so much. He experiences so many things in so few times, and he becomes jaded and paranoid way beyond his years. Very nice character description with this part.

As for L, I loved seeing how he also crumbled. It seemed he fell for Light, in a sense, though that complicated further as the story went on. I loved the ending so much, where you showed how they both approach L’s coming death and you compare their deaths. I never really noticed the similarities between their deaths until then.

-THEMES

Really great themes and thought-provoking ideas presented here. I like the idea of life going on without us. L seems to have no ego, really, and here you show how he faces his death as a fact. He sees that he is cold, because it is November, and that is a fact. A part of him knows he will die, because that is also a fact, and he can view it objectively even though it is his own demise. This lack of ego in the fact of death was a great theme. Also liked what you mentioned about them being reduced to a paragraph in a textbook passed around a classroom. Really made me think about how the world would recover and remember after such an event.
Skitts chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
This was a very pretty oneshot.

& it was handled in a relastic way that differed greatly from most L x Light stories.

Which was a nice change of pace.

It wasn't all happy and fluffy, it was kinad dark & maudlin, which is what this pairing is all about.

Well, mostly about.

-is a sucker for fluff as well-

Anyway, I really enjoyed reading this :D

Kudos to you!
AllAboardtheSSVNormandy chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
O.O

HOLYSHIZNIT. *must send to LXLight fan*

IT... AMAZING... *dies*
Maelstrom Sparrow chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
I've decided that I hate you, Bialy, because YOU CAN WRITE LIGHT AND L SO MUCH BETTER THAN I CAN. *flaming burning passionate jealousy*

XD Totally kidding because you know I love you. But GAWD the last few paragraphs of this fic were tearjerking. Very poetical. I love the way you nail the concepts of their identity so well.

It's nice that I can read some Bialy-manufactured L stuff since I just realized our collab has no L in it *gasp* because he's already been Death Noted. Godness. I don't mind I just miss him XD Wait, what was the point of this?

OHRIGHT THIS FIC WAS EPIC ( I think that was it )
Blacksteel1 chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
I loved it. Thank you very much.

And you wouldn't of alienated me, silly. I love your writing style!
Gamecrazy 25 chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
I liked this! I didn't see many implications of romance except like in the last paragraphs, but that's just me.

This is the type of fic I like, one that you might not understand the first time but as you read it becomes clearer and clearer. One reviewer said that about my one-shot Twisted Mirror.

Good job!
Kudatsuo-chan chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
Oh stuff! I know you aren't a fan of L, but you still write him so well. I really like it Bialy. I kinda prefer a L who has the arrogance of being a genius but still possesses those cripplingly human qualities, like self doubt. Your L has it! It has the angstiness that you are so good at writing and the poignancy that makes my heart go "aw."

In short..."it's purdy." Thank you for the interesting read.