Reviews for Twenty Pounds
xXTooMuchFreeTimeXx chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
Oh my god, I've actually got tears in my eyes. I love Remus.
opaque-girl chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
This is just brillant - I loved the way you wrote him, so realistically and so amazingly D I really liked the part where his friends would slip him money and act innocent and the part where he could still indulge in little happiness in life. I really like the still too - the whole bracket, italics thing - it works really well in your story :) The part about Siruis was good - it seemed to belong there, in the story. This line was my absolute favorite, though:

(They send him letters, and he saves enough to answer them.)
Blonde Pickle Mule chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
I loved this. It caught Remus' emotions and thoughts perfectly, and I loved the little italic thoughts in brackets underneath each section. The last line was particularly powerful, it was so bitter and sad and I caught the meaning instantly. This was very skillfully written.
in sync chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
I love this.

It was very beautiful and very powerful, and I think you captured Remus beautifully.

The last line was just, just amazing.
Louey06 chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
That last sentence was really powerful. I loved this story it was so sad and touching.
MBP chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
This is achingly sad and yet beautifully written. Poor Remus... all those years before Hogwarts but after he lost his best friends had to be just the loneliest time in the world for him. You really do show that here. ( I loved it.
akena.akena chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
One word. Beautiful.

I think you managed to capture his character perfectly and I liked it. Nothing more left to be said. ;)
FirstYear chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
"His mother gave him the sun to wear around his neck, and he repaid her while she wasn't looking.)".. best line in my humble opinion.

Love the over all tone, soft and lyrical.

Very tight, with no wasted words.. very well done.
Deluxe Sugar Quills chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
I love the way you've written Remus here. It's very touching, with the two different mindsets - what's on the outside and what's farther in. Very beautiful story.

DSQ
Super Shayde chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
oh, this is just gorgeous. your turns of phrase are amazing: "beffudled innocents" in particular is one of my favorites. i would like to point out just one thing - 20 pounds is more like $10, 40 pounds is a better estimate for twenty dollars. other than that little nitpick, this is simply beautiful.
Violin Ghost chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
This is such a heartbreaking view of life as a werewolf in general, and life as Remus Lupin in particular. You have an amazing way with words. :)
the-original-hufflepuff chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
Oh, this is beautiful. The parenthesised phrases in particular.
hondagirl chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
Thia really shows how money is not important, how its meaningless compared to everything else. I really like how you show the present in italics. It works really well. Great job here!

-honda
lilyre chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
oh. My. Goodness. That made me cry (and trust me thats rather hard to do) Out of all the charcters in Harry Potter there are two that i atually feel like i know well (you know how you get to know characters in books and such that u understand them, like that) that i know and love, they are Lily Evans and REmus Lupin... and i guess haveing Remus depicted with such withering pain was hard... it was so well written.. amazing
Polyethene Pam chapter 1 . 8/30/2008