Reviews for Parting Ways
waterlit chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
i love this too hahaha it's beautiful and sad and very very moving.
a1y-puff chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
Ooh, I love Diamond Crevasse! When I saw that first paragraph of lyrics, somehow the song played in my mind, but the other version - Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse - I personally think it's more heartwrenching, with the way it was sung.

Anyway. Short, simple but deep wordings. I like how you described the 'resting place', and how Lavi tied the hairtie on mugen instead of letting it go with the wind. Made me wanna cry.

Great job :D
Hesunohana chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
always beautiful and so sad... (I nearly cried !)
WhimsicalShmoo chapter 1 . 1/2/2009

Just beautiful.

~Dreamsong
greenteamoose chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
I was so happy when I could finally log into FF... -tears-

ANYWAY, this is a wonderful work, definitely comparable to "Beyond Thirteen," though I like the latter a tad better. Just the general feel. But that doesn't mean this work is demeaned in any way! I love the intermingling of the song lyrics (I listened to the song as recommended; it's so beautiful, and the lyrics are indeed very fitting for Kanda) and how Lavi, I mean, Bookman! is the one singing. Speaking of Lavi, it's very nice how you write "Lavi-no, the Bookman" because it adds this nice (excuse my lack of a better word) voice to the work, as though the narrator can't remember his current identity due to an intense emotion. Beautiful, once again, and I look forward to future works!

.moose
Daytime Stars chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
(This would be signed but I havn't been able to conquer the parental blocks that keep me from logging in...YET...the name I put is my pen name)

That's really sad...had me crying anyway.

I like the ending, and your descriptions are beautiful...

Very very nice.

~Star
IOTR chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
That truly was beautiful. :]

The song really fit this, and I really love how Lavi says it in Japanese. The ending is great too~

All in all I really love this fic. It has a melancholic, yet nostalgic air to it. (To me atleast?) :3
storm in a teapot chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
Oh gee~ You watch Macross Frontier too...

Why are we not fangirling about it too? *grins cheekily*

One more thing to add the the list of fangirling...*cackles happily*

Angst! Loved the angst. And you mentioned last sacrifice. Would that happen to be some honourable self-sacrifice thing that Kanda is always prone to do?

And somehow, I keep imagining a lone sword on a hill with a billowing red ribbon wound around the hilt at sunset. It's kinda sad. (Or maybe I'm watching too much drama XD!)

But yes! Diamond Crevasse is love! I so sobbed when Sheryl stood up and sang in the shelter (I take it that you've watched episode 20?) And it seemed fitting at that moment! So touching and haunting and, and, and when...HE died...*sighs~*

Lovely song, fitting for a death/angst scene...