Reviews for Digital Shuffle
Siyavash chapter 31 . 10/7/2014
Been reading this thing for years… Are we to take it that you've finally given up on finishing it?
That's incredibly sad. This was my favorite Digimon fic.
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 31 . 7/2/2013
I think you need to do a short three-part side-story on the actual Purge itself to give us some light on what went down and who set the whole thing up to begin with. There is a LOT of stuff left uncovered that makes it confusing, giving back Impmon's memories, well that will make look TAME in comparison when he remembers his Tamer/friend/partner getting slashed-burned to death. Beelzemon on a warpath. Fun picture:) Come update soon!
Nothing is Beautiful and True1 chapter 31 . 4/18/2013
Well, I finally reached the dreaded chapter 31. I'm chafing at the bit to learn more, so I hope you can update sometime soon. :D

Man, where to begin. This rollar coaster ride of emotions you've put me through... I don't even know what to think. The fact that you just kinda demolished and/or answered a lot of my thoughts in my last review is cool. And I totally called the fact that Yamaki was alive. I could tell you liked him too much to let him die just then. Now, as for who Ithink is actually going to die by the end of this... Ryo seems obvious, although you like to throw these curve balls at us, so I dunno. By the way, I really like how you're unveiling Ryo's past, it's really different from the others. I THOUGHT I was going crazy with the whole black eyes thing, you're usually so accurate and I was all... wait, but... blue eyes...? Anyway, I'm guessing one of the trio is going to die. I don't think it will be Takato, although he's suffered so much crap it's possible. My bet is on Henry although Rika is a possibility as well.

By the way, I can't believe I didn't realize Kincaid was Makuramon. I'm honestly kicking myself in the head right now because it seems so obvious. Although Makuramon was male in the dubbed canon (no idea about the Japanese version) so, yeah, that's why I ruled her out. Sue me.

By the way, I got really excited when I read one of the Tamers' Digimon was going to reach Ultimate (finally). Then I had the horrible thought that Black Growlmon would be the one to Digivolve and I about flipped a table. I'm really happy that didn't happen, because it would've been too much for my poor heat.

Well, that's all I really have to say. I can't wait to find out what happens next, although what I really care about is seeing how Takato is eventually rescued. I'm guessing Henry is going to be the one doing the saving, with some help from Ryo, since he's part data and may be able to fit into the Juggernaut's psyche (grasping at straws here haha)? Also, I demand a tearful reunion between Takato and Guilmon. It must happen. Oh, and side stories about Joe and Mimi, as well as Zudomon and Rosamon would be flippin' fantastic.

Oh, I probably should have a bit of criticism, eh? Uh, I thought Kaminmon being able to reach Ultimate felt a little forced. I dunno, it just felt like he hadn't really earned it the was Rika and Henry's partners earned it (I mean, they'r completely different, but you know what I mean). Like, there was no build-up to him Digivolving, it just kinda happened, aside from the line at the start of the chapter or whenever. I know he's the villain and I'm nitpicking, it's just something I noticed.
Nothing is Beautiful and True1 chapter 21 . 4/18/2013
I haven't had an actual review an awhile, because I've been way too sucked into the story to write anything coherent. However, the more I read, the more questions and thoughts get jumbled in my head, and I have to let them out or I'll implode.

First. Takato and Guilmon. Omggggg whyyy? D: You're really good at breaking the cutie, aren't you? As bad as watching Takato bcome insane, it was honestly almost worse with Guilmon, because he didn't have a clue as to what was happening to him. Plus Guilmon has always been one of my favorite Digimon, and seeing him lonely and in pain was akin to having my heart ripped out and torn apart in front of me. Yes, I'm being overdramatic but it's SO SAD.

But back to Takato, there are some interesting parallels between him and the Juggernaut and Jeri and the D-reaper. I mean, Jeri was in the D-reaper's 'brain' and helped fuel its destruction with her depression while Takato is in the Juggernaut's 'heart' and is fueling it with his Will. Was that intentional or am I going crazy? By the way, the introduction of the D-reaper? Totally blew me away. I'm wondering if it will go rogue. Honestly at this pointing I'm wondering if a lot of stuff is going to go rogue. I mean, is Guilmon going to turn into Megidramon and go on a rampage? Because as powerful as the Juggernaut is, I'm not one hundred percent sure it can handle the primal THING that is that terifying monster (seriously Megidramon scared the crap out of me as a kid). I'm also wondering if the Juggernaut is going to go rogue. I mean, I know it 'says' it has its emotions under control, but I'm not sure. It has always been an unreliable narrator and I don't see any reason why it would stop now. I mean, the Juggernaut only tells the truth, so I'm sure it BELIEVES it can control its own emotions... but I mean, look at how it manipulated Takato. Technically it told the truth, or what it percieved as the truth, but it also left out a lot of stuff. I don't know, I just feel like that's yet another thing that links it back to the D-reaper (the irony of the D-reaper is that it evolved into what it was trying to wipe out, and even developed thoughts and possibly emotions due to Jeri (warped emotions and thoughts due to Jeri's depression, of course) and I can't help but wonder if something similar is going to happen with the Juggernaut).

Anyway, moving on from that word vomit, and onto Yamaki. Honestly I'm not sure he's dead. He SEEMS like he's dead, and I can't see Nagamora (quick speculation - since Nagamora is Vajramon, my guess is that Nincaid is Pajramon, since they showed up together in the original canon and it would kinda make sense because one of them is a sheep and the other is a bull - okay that wouldn't make sense normally but it's Digimon so bear with me) being careless enough to let him live, but... I mean, from the way you've built Yamaki up, it just seems odd for him to go out the way he did. I suppose Riley could carry on where he left off, but it's still strange. Also, the way you worded it was really... weird. Like, one moment you made it sound like he was dead and the next he sounded like he was unconcsious. Coupled with the fact Nagamora doesn't want to mutilate the body and just dispose of it, and, well... I'm suspicious. But we'll see.

Also, the e-mail is from Shibumi. I'm predicting it right now. Heard it hear first. Probably not, but whatever.

Speaking of the Monster Makers (in a roundabout way), I think I stumbled across a plot hole. I know this was started in 2001, so there were bound to be a couple, but I thought I'd point it out. In the beginning you talked about how Yamaki had assembled the Monster Makers and that they were working on Shibumi's code (is that ever going to come up again, or is that one of the plot points you dropped?)... so why is McCoy in California? It's just something I happened to notice. Also, I don't think the Tamers ever used the Blue Card to Digivolve their partners to Champion. They only discovered the use of it when they needed to go to Ultimate. But that's super nitpicky.

I could probably write an essay on Ryo, but I'm going to skip that for now and focus on my final point, the Digital Shuffle, becaus it makes a lot of sense in concern with some questions I had. I mean, if this is only a darker route to take in comparison to the canon plot line, then why would the Digital World be like the Adventure world (Ryo even says he was there five years in the span of one or something, so that part of the TV show isn't exaggerated)? This is only a theory on my part, but I think there was some sort of Digital Shuffle around the time of the original 8 (the eighth is Ken, right? I'm not going crazy thinking there were originally seven am I?) "Chosen Ones", and now the Digital World is more in line with what it is now. Maybe I'm crazy but that's what makes sense to me.

Oh, I know I said that was it, but two final things. One, how did the Ultimates get through the tears in the Real World? Before that could only happen once the Juggernaut was used. The tears were simply too small for them, and even after the Juggernaut events, Vikarlymon for example was too big to appear completely. I get that this is AU, but... yeah. That doesn't make sense given you only diverged from canon around episode 14, and the rules of the world should still apply. Hopefully you'll address it later (unless it's because they found some way to turn human through Kincaid and fit that way? But that wouldn't work for Zudomon...). And two, are the Sovereign going to be in this? Are they the Council? Were they overthrown for some reason? Why would Azulongmon allow this to happen. Unless... if most of the Adventure stuff never happened, then the Sovereigns would've never been freed (I dimly recall them being trapped for some reason) which would mean Azlongmon wouldn't be around. Le gasp.

Well, that's about it. Sorry this was so long and rambly, like I said, I had a crap ton of thoughts building up the longer I bulled through this. Looking forward to finding out more about Ryo and whatever is going on with his memory. :D
Nothing is Beautiful and True1 chapter 12 . 4/18/2013
I'll be honest, it took me a while to realize this was started in 2001. And then when I did realize that my mind was honestly kinda blown.

I myself am not really confused by the story, per se, although it feels like there's a lot of missing information that is going to be filled in over time. I have a lot of wild guess, some really stupid - Yamaki is somehow related to Matt and TK from Adventure - and some less stupid... oh wait, maybe not. Haha. Honestly, I haven't been this involvd in a story in forver, and I'm kinda dreading reaching chapter 31, because I don't know what I'll do.

One thing that did confuse me was that in the first question about pairings you said you weren't going to do any yet, and then in another said you weren't going to do any at all. That kinda threw me off a little. Not because I care, because I don't really feel any pairings would fit in the story, although I'm sure you could make it work (I'm not counting Yamaki/Riley because it was already in place in your "canon" before the start of the story), but because, well, it seemed like you wanted to answer questions in this segment and that made more questions. If I'm honest, I've always had something of a soft spot for the Ryo/Rika, so hopefully you'll give us a scene of them bantering. I know Rika isn't one of your favorites, but you portray her so darn well that I can't help but get really excited whenever she's in a scene haha.
Nothing is Beautiful and True1 chapter 8 . 4/17/2013
Man, this just keeps getting better and better. Like... I don't really have any criticism because I'm so involved. Takato's really making me nervous, though, and I have to say the interruption with the side story has me chafing at the bit. Honestly I would've preferred if these were separate side stories, but whatever.
Nothing is Beautiful and True1 chapter 2 . 4/17/2013
I really loved this chapter. I've always been a huge fan of slow buildups, and this definitely seems like a huge buildup to an awesome rescue mission of some sort. I still don't have any idea how things are going to turn out, and I'm pumped to find out. I was practically frothing at the mouth for Henry (sorry, I'm going to call them by their english names, it's just what I'm used to) to talk to Jeri, which is the sign of a very good author. I could also really tell the difference between the first chapter and this one, well done on the edits.

Another thing I really like so far is the subtle charcterizations you have going on. Like how Henry is intelligent enough for the other kids to copy his home work and enough of a push over (perhaps because of his worry for Takato) to do all the work for them. Although I didn't think Takato and Henry were in the same class? They probably were and I just can't remember, haha. Still, it's the small stuff that counts. Rika sounded awesome, by the way, even if her cameo was brief, and I can't wait for her to show up in person.
Nothing is Beautiful and True1 chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
This looks really interesting. At first I thought the Digimon might be one of the Devas, but then I remembered they were unable to show up in the real world until after Juggernaut went off. All your characterizations were really spot on. I especially loved how you captured Jeri (Juri, sorry, I watched the english dub). Just the perfect amount of friendliness and incredibly low self-esteem/lonliness.

I find it a little weird that Takato didn't notice Guilmon's blue eyes right away, but I guess he was tired and not really paying attention. It works, even if it is a little thin. I can forgive it because you're trying to move the plot along. :D

Onto the nitpicky grammar portion of the chapter. There were a couple times when you used the same word in the space of a couple sentences and it came off sounding really repetitive. Also, the most glaring mistake was when you said you wanted the crew to do a full "antagonistic". I could be wrong, because my techno babble is terrible, but I'm pretty sure antagonistic is when a person acts rude to another or person, trying to get a rise out of them, or villainous. Did you mean agnostic? That's a term right? It was really noticeable and drew me out of the story. Again, you're grammar and spelling is leaps and bounds above other authors, so this stuff really isn't a big deal. Hopefully you can go back and edit your early chapters.

I can't wait to see where you go with the story and how you incorporate the crossover. Also interested in what the Digimon that kidnapped is, as well his "Mistress." Can't wait to keep going and find out how everything turns out.
The Light's Refrain chapter 31 . 3/21/2013
I thought Kaminmon was due to evolve - it's nice seeing the bad guys digivolve every once in a while too. Good job with the description too (Is Athmon an actual Digimon, or one you made up?) And Taomon finally makes an appearance too!
The Light's Refrain chapter 30 . 3/21/2013
Alright, finally an Ultimate evolution for the Tamers! Now Black Growlmon will work with them...for now, though both he and Takato are slightly less crazy than before. And Yamaki's about to show up again too. Still wondering when Ryo will fully remember/admit to everything...
The Light's Refrain chapter 29 . 3/21/2013
Ah, it's been so long since I read this story, so I saw updates I was excited. But it's been so long I had to reread everything again XD. Now I remember why I liked this story so much the first time: the details, the way you cross over Digimon fandoms, the way you handle the Juggernaut, etc.

As for this chapter - it's nice seeing one of the old partners who still is loyal to their old partner and other humans, and who had also made it to the Mega level. I wonder how many others have managed to keep their loyalty, and how many others are brainwashed into hate (I know Birdramon was mentioned on the hate side, though she hasn't appeared yet) I see a war not just human vs Digimon, or even Digimon vs Digimon, but of ex-partners divided.

Ryo is human yet not human...a reincarnation with data, perhaps? (though the reincarnation doesn't apply to Tamers like it does in other seasons, data is reused to some extent, right? And to die there leaves something behind to possibly be recycled...) Well, guess I'll see.
Zero Unit RGB chapter 9 . 3/12/2013
So the merge has started and Ryo has finally made an appearance. Ryo seems very different than I would expect and I have to wonder how all of this will play out. Sure hope things start to pice themselves together soon.
Zero Unit RGB chapter 8 . 3/9/2013
Yikes, yes it was horrible for Musyamon and Vajramon to kill a little girl but Yamaki's doing the exact same thing as they are. Basing one species off of one or a few. And Impmon tried, it's not his fault he's a rookie and he was up against a very poweful champion! But I suppose he wouldn't know that...Can't wait to see what happens next!
Zero Unit RGB chapter 7 . 3/8/2013
Whoa, that was quite a glimpse into Yamaki's past but why the name change. Can;t believe I finally found the time to continue reading this. Anyway, this Impmon, could it really be the same one? Furthermore, this explains Yamaki's hatred for Digimon and why he desperately wants children to stop getting involved with them and why he's always wearing sunglasses even inside. It all adds up.
Mango Supreme chapter 10 . 2/8/2013
all my stars in heaven i am physically hurting from the amount of emotional wording in this chapter...

my heart cannot begin to process these feels...

augh this fic. Author you are horribly brilliant with this...

cant wait to catch up to the most recent chapter
If i don't end up going all "uber fangirl" with my emotions...
oh my sold. gonna follow this fic.