Reviews for The Avatar and the Firelord
AnnabethLuna chapter 26 . 3/31
I don't know/remember if I've ever reviewed for you, but I don't think I have and that makes me very guilty. Your stories are absolutely amazing. As a canon shipper (and pretty hardcore), I love them - both your incredible plots and your amazing characterization. the way you humanize the characters, but at the same time give them their due (they may be humans, but they're pretty incredible ones) and write friendship and romance . . . wow. I'm just addicted.

I was wondering . . . even though with Korra and the comics and all, this universe isn't completely canon anymore, are you ever planning on writing more for this specific universe? Because I honestly love what you've done with the characters and the stories. They're wonderful. If not, obviously that's totally understandable, but you should know that I love the way you write the characters and the wonderful universe you've created. Just . . . thanks for existing.
Ladyfire-Azula chapter 26 . 2/1
can Azula have a happily ever after please
AgiVega chapter 26 . 11/17/2014
Okay, I must admit I started reading this fanfic a little after I started All Fall Down, but since AFD was so very depressing, I gave that one up temporarily and decided to try this one instead. I was thankful that this one had no really depressing scenes, even though there were some with deep emotions. Like that one in which Katara shouted at Aang that he couldn't force her to feel what she doesn't - well, that one gave me physical pain. Truth be told I found the Kataangst a little overdone, it started to annoy me after a while, but eventually it ended, so hurray!
My favourite scenes were, however, the Aang-Toph ones, they were simply so cute, and also the one in which Sokka grumbled about Aang dispatching Hawky to Zuko. That scene was just hilarious!
I'm not saying this is your best work, but it isn't supposed to be, as it was your first. It is still very, very good for a first novel-length fanfic.
Now I'm going back to read AFD, but might stop that from time to time when the emotions get too overwhelming. I might read Reconstructed Destinies when I get too teary reading AFD. :)
Guest chapter 12 . 1/10/2014
i'm probably leaving too many obnoxious comments but i've been systematically reading through pretty much everything you've ever read and i'm overcompensating now that i've realized i can comment without creating an account. i love your works, i love the kataang stuff, and the way you've stayed true to the original characters while taking off in your own way as well. A baller. i hope you havent retired from writing avatar stuff
Guest chapter 7 . 1/10/2014
dope
Guest chapter 6 . 1/10/2014
money
Lily975 chapter 26 . 11/18/2013
Man, read this through and OHMIGOD THIS WAS GREAT! :D Good job!
Electricboa chapter 26 . 9/26/2013
After recently finishing the TV series, I like how your story picks up pretty much where it left off to address probably the biggest cliffhanger in the show. The way your wrote Ursa was something I really didn't expect, but the more I think about it, it does work pretty well. Making her slowly confront what Ozai has been doing since she fled and bringing her around from loyalty to anger was effective, and gave a logical progression for the character. I had a feeling early on that Komo was going to end up being more than a bodyguard, and it looks like I was right.

There certainly are a lot of couples to juggle in this story, but I thought you did a good job at giving all of them 'screen time,' but focused mostly on the two main ones the story revolves around. I could certainly understand the difficulties Aang and Katara had, given how the show developed their relationship.

I was surprised that you had Aang take away Azula's bending. That was one thing I'm not entirely sure about, he didn't really seem conflicted about that decision, especially when she hasn't done nearly the things Ozai did. I kind of imagined that there was going to be some level of cognitive dissonance between not killing and what is, essentially, violating another person.

All in all, I really enjoyed the story and am looking forward to continuing it into the next one.
Ironstringbean chapter 26 . 8/3/2013
Loved your fic but I won't lie your ending made me cry why must they have such a bittersweet ending with all the separating and goodbyes
Tori Rex chapter 26 . 7/8/2013
I will have to say, flamey-o sir hotman... flamey-o. I am very impressed by this story. Good action, great character development, and just over all good continuation of the story. I shed a tear when Ursa and Komo kissed for the first time and had an "awwww" moment. A few style issues with your writing, but nothing like massive spelling or grammatical errors, which is always a big turn off to a decent story. I am looking forward to reading more.
InfernoLeo9 chapter 26 . 1/13/2013
this is now officially one of my most favorite stories.
AvatarPrincess chapter 26 . 12/15/2012
Wow , this was a very good story. And you are my favorite author. My first story by you was Runaways...and since then, I have fell in love with your writing.

Anyways, this story was just amazing. I will never forget it and i will never look at Avatar the same way. Its embedded in my memory, and now whenever I think about it, it feels as if it was an actual episode. Wow. You have a gift.
the.captain.himself chapter 3 . 12/12/2012
hope theres a happy ending here...
Guest chapter 26 . 12/1/2012
ol, while other people completely over do it. So yay you, for doing her perfectly!
Guest chapter 26 . 12/1/2012
Wow. Just wow. I read all of this in one setting, and it was just great. I can see how your writing has improved, but you started at such a high point in your writing, there isn't much room for improvement. I'm kind of in a daze of amazement, but one thing I will say is that I love how you do Mai. She's my favorite and a lot of people forget her low range of emotions and contr