Reviews for Downbeat
Unseen Watcher chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
I love the feel of your stories. It gives a nice glimpse into their lives. I especially like the fact that even Leo and Don are drawn to the music.
NixKat chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
Funny.
crazy-freak-of-nature chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
Stomp is awesome, teh tuetles could totally do something like that! DO you think that one of them could learn how to play a harmonica? I don't know if they need fingers for that or not. This was a really good fic!
Agent66 chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
As a musical child of a parent, this was hilarious! Probably because Splinter's emotions are the same one my mom had to endure when I was growing up.

There's a reason she never let me have a drum set and why I had to beg and plead to play trumpet (trumpet worked out well; drums did not)

Most hilarity for sure!
Autumn Daughter chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
This is a really enjoyable one-shot, I must say. It's not really that hard to imaginge something like this happening, music really is something that gives energy and such.

If nothing else, this gives a little explanation to how the ShellSpin was invented

Good work, Mendeia, really good work
Pruhana chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
the ending got me cracking! splinter is going to blow it!
DarkSorceressofLight chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
The part about how moshing while scrubbing the bathroom floors doesn't work reminded me of how one of my friends tried to mosh and head-bang to My Chemical Romance while taking a shower. Needless to say...that didn't work either...

This story had me laughing all the way through to the end. And STOMP is awesome! I really want to see that!
Elsiah chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
Absolutely hysterical! It reminded me of that brief "meditation" scene in the beginning of the first movie. I busted out laughing at this line of Mikey's: “Um…because they came off of a bunch of old Toyota Crowns and I’m the ‘Lord of the Dance?’” I love this. Fantastic work!

Elsie
She Who Is Death chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
Honestly, who doesn't mosh while supposed to be cleaning the bathroom at one time in their life...

Very good read.
54Viruses chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
Owie, my sides hurt. This was fantastic! Poor sensei.

It goes on and on my friends! Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is...
Eridani23 chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
I really enjoyed this fic. It was cute and funny. Good job! ;)
Nineteenth Souljah chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
That was an enjoyable read! Truly refreshing, and very funny. I liked it.

I always imagined the turtles having a passion for music - not the Coming Out of Our Shells tour kinda way though. This one was more believable. I liked how you wrote about them not able to play normal instruments and they ended up making their own, making music with whatever they could their hands on around the Lair, and moshing in the bathroom? lol~!

Thanks for writing this! Great job! :)