Reviews for Penitence
Aurelia99 chapter 1 . 12/12/2016
Loved it! So Rodney and Sheppard. Rodney's rants were wonderful and as always give away that he is not that selfish person anymore.
Thanks for sharing!
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Really great story! It's awesome!
brainchild chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
Wow. I enjoy your writing so much. The real feeling you put behind Rodney, the emotion you manage to practically launch off the screen... it's really incredible. Once again, you captured Rodney's voice perfectly, and the progression from the dvd player to the Home Entertainment Extravaganza was hilarious. I liked the idea tha Caleb apologized and Rodney didn't want him to, and Rodney kept doing all these things that probably would have made him feel better years ago, but now don't, because he's been dragged into emotional maturity.

I loved the line about him only needing one person with a hero complex in his life, that he liked that Katie wasn't like that. I liked teh slow realization that the sacrifice was for him. I especially liked the fact that you thought your audience was smart enough to figure out the implications of Rodney's thought process without overtly explaining it to us. It was subtle adn clever.

Favorite part:

[QUOTE]Rodney hadn't asked John to do that for him, he would have never asked him to. Not because it was more than a little morally ambiguous - because it was, oh god it was - but because there were already too many shadows flickering behind John's easy grin. The needle-like jabs return, because Rodney's the reason for a few more shadows and that's wrong. The worst part is he still doesn't understand why, and he really wishes they had cell phone reception in Pegasus because he needs to know.[/QUOTE]

I loved this look at John through Rodney's eyes, seeing shadows and depth. I love that he thought that the entire incident was out of character until he realized it was about protecting his team.

Well, well done.
Ppleater chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
Awh, this made me laugh. Maddy is adorable.
Space1Traveler chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
I'm going back to watch this episode again. Thanks.
drufan chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
Well another fantastic look at the dynamic duo. And yes. John's look at Rodney denying him his selfsacrifice was just something. Thanks, again, for such a wonderful tale.