Reviews for The Folly of Ganryu
SHCH chapter 1 . 7/1/2014
Well I said I would get around to reading this one and finally, I have! Just as enjoyable as the second (silly me reading them in reverse order) Ganryu's ridiculous thought processes are always enjoyable to read and I especially liked how you characterized Lili here.

Can I just say her reasoning behind her quote to him, ahhhh thankful for that little take on it. Her little 'check out' of Ganryu in tag always made me despair honestly (No no no I refuse to have her with anyone who isn't Asuka, or Leo.)

I also like the level of research put in, it really added a lovely touch of background and humour to the story!
Gerkyhen chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
Paul was hilarious- I loved all his thoughts xD

I also especially loved how Ganryu kept bumping up Lili's age- it was actually quite subtle at first and I was like: I swear he thought she was 20 at first :L Hilarious and very clever :)

G
Lunar-Shadow-of-The-Nosferatu chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Aw, poor Ganryu, will the poor guy ever find love? :(

In this fic, he's so loving, and he's actually quite adorable. Is there any character that you can't write perfectly? D

No, no, no, Ganryu, don't confide in Paul when something like this pops up. Although, this line was full of epic win:

Pure and utter genuis! You have no idea how much I laughed at that line D

And LOL at the conversation at the end between Lili and Ganryu. Finding out her real age, yeah Ganryu, ain't that a kick in the head? I guess pure love ain't what it used to be XD
Bluegoat chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
This is a riot! I loved the interaction between Julia and Ganryu most of all. It was really amusing, especially her eagerness to be rid of him and his probably interpreting that as generously letting him go. Nice writing, there are too many Tekken authors with wretched writing abilities. It's good you're here.
Vanessa Dragunova chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
I love how you write as Ganryu. He seems to talk in all sincerity and be easy to fall for someone. Once again, I like your idea about Lili's interlude :)
FaunaTrot chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
howmy god. loved this one. i could imagine ganryu the whole time through out! thank you.
occasionallyme chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
While reading this, i was picturing the whole thing in manga format, exaggerated expressions included. coffee meet laptop. XD I have nothing constructive to say but i really loved this fic.
AimzNemesis chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
XD I love it! Very amusing and in-character, and I just love the line "That was poetic, not to mention sickeningly cheesy. Paul’s skin crawled. He’d need to punch something tonight—maybe hit the bars and knock someone out cold—to feel human again.". Great stuff.
A Road Unturning chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
I love how in character this was. You've nailed Ganryu down to a nerve, and his interaction with Paul and later Lili was absloute gold. It was poigant as well as funny, for all Ganryu really wants is a true love, yet he is the most unlucky in love out of the entire series. (Well, Kuma fails to gain any attention...so, yeah...)

Well written, amusing and a nice insight into this character.
Natural Born Charmer chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
Wow. This was so funny! I was laughing during Paul and Ganryu's conversation. I could just imagine Paul! And I also loved how Ganryu kept raising Lili's age during the whole conversation. Epic!

Thanks so much for writing. Faved and added to my Lili Rochefort C2~

Sincerely,

Miss Siela
SeungSeiRan chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
Two words:

INSTANT FAVE!
Sei Honou chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
You know me! I'm a Lili fan/writer!

I love this. Cheered me up after a week of school!

~sei
TeaC0sy chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
Lovely. Some favourite bits:

-“Who is it?” In his mind, he added, …this time.

-Left behind, Julia made a mental note to pry information out of her mother and, this time, not accept any excuses, such as “it was a long time ago.”

-He was only 55 years young, after all. -I seriously lol'd at that.

And Ganryu trying to bump up Lili's age? Priceless. Poor, poor besotted man. Also loved the interaction with Julia, I had fun imagining what the look on her face was like, haha. I really liked reading Lili, and I loved how you ended it. Another great oneshot )
Razer Athane chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
I surprisingly liked this, Salysha. I'm not a big Ganryu fan but you pinned down the loving side of him, as well as the dreamy-snotty(ish) side of Lili. Good job.

"The grace, the beauty!" - XD That reminds me so much of AngelEyes87's HwoxLilixJin fic called 'Grace And Beauty', lol. Nothing story related, just the title itself XD

Anyways, I'd write more of a review but I'm too... buggered? No no. Um... Tired. And sore, etc. I liked how Ganryu kept misinterpretting Lili's age too. That was amusing.

I'll reply to your email soon, probably when I come back from dinner, lol! Take care buddy. As always, great work. Keep it up.
JunKing chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
Hey:) This was a good read, but anything from you usually is. I like Lili a lot and your portrayal of her here is nice. She's more sophisticated than stuck up or snobby. Ganryu should really consider women of his actual age group, lol. That scene with Julia was so funny, I could just see her facial expressions as he bumbled on to her like that. She was probably wondering what the hell was going on, but it was really well described as well as being humorous.

Another thing I loved was how you have Ganryu trying to justify and rationalize something that he secretly knew he couldn't. He kept trying to boost Lili's age, hoping that he would be right but once he found out her true age, he was almost embarrassed. That was a nice touch. Paul Phoenix was cool too, you're making me think of him as a cool guy now, lol. I always portrayed him as an arrogant $$hole but you write him realistic, even if he only has a few lines here and there.

It was also clever of you to incorporate all those culture references, it shows you really did your homework and wanted to get inside Ganryu's mindset. Overall, I think you did another fantastic job and I loved reading this piece. I plan on checking out your LOTR story sometime (even though I really don't know much about it), and with your writing style, I'm sure I'll enjoy reading it. So how're things going over at your place? Are you keeping yourself sane or at least trying to? Lol, I hope your visitors aren't being too harsh. Anyways, I'll talk to you soon and I hope all is well. Again, you did a great job, be proud of yourself!:)