Reviews for Conspiracy of Silence: First Impressions
belladonnacordial chapter 1 . 8/2/2005
Your Conspiracy of Silence series is in my humble opinion one of the truly great fan fics on the web- (not that I've read everything out there, but more than enough to know.)I am a Snape enthusiast. Adore your idea of his self-determination- a breath of fresh air after so much of the puppet scenerio than most in the genre leans toward. Your writing is a real joy to read. Your pacing, plotting, comedic timing, characterizations and dialogue all tip the scale out of the ordinary and into that lovely realm of artistry and brilliance. I am a long time fan. I believe yours was the first Snape-centric fic I ever read, still a treasure of a find. Was very pleased to come across you as Nomad1 on ff.n. Adding the whole delicious conspiracy to my favorites and doffing my silly headgear to you.
otherside2 chapter 6 . 4/3/2005
this is such a fascinating story... i'm off to read the next one :)
GoldenRat chapter 6 . 3/22/2005
Oh! This is an astonishing fic. Serverus is just so calculated. He's thinking so far ahead, I wouldn't ever want to play chess with him.
Potops99 chapter 6 . 1/31/2005
I love your work! I first read this on wolfie's den but i couldnt find it for a while. I am so glad i've found you again!
futagoakuma-tenshi01 chapter 6 . 10/20/2004
Like how smart Snape is...so cool...
laura chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
That was an extraordinarily imaginative piece.
Elayne deLioncourt chapter 6 . 4/20/2004
Oh wow. I like where this is going. Severus being a spy before he officially becomes one. I can't wait to read the others.
Elayne deLioncour v
deb-sampson chapter 6 . 1/22/2004
This was terrific. Not only is it an excellently written story, it is just what I've been looking for. The other day, I asked someone to recommend a fic about a Snape who had been spying for the light all along, and she mentioned yours.
CuriousDreamWeaver chapter 6 . 12/26/2003
A very enjoyable read! I thought it was thoroughly engrossing and very well written! I just love your characterisation of Severus (he's my favourite character! LOL) and I thought that your ideas within the story were very well done and interesting! Well done!
_
DreamWeaver
Caiaphas chapter 6 . 10/6/2003
Damn Just Damn. This was an incredible story, I've never read such a believable story about Snape as he really is, I mean the only why it could be closer to the real story of snape is if your name was J.K roweling. Dang this is an incredible story I can't wait to start reading the others. A real Snape story, just WOW. I bow bow down before you. hands down this is the most realistic Snape Story I have ever read.
Luceid chapter 6 . 10/5/2003
*stands there, wide-eyed and gaping* Whoa...awesome story. It's all the little things put together, and it's brilliant! You're on my favorites list, buddy _
anonymous chapter 1 . 9/18/2003
This story was awsome! This is the first time I've ever reviewed a story so I really hope I don't sound like a complete idiot. Anyway, Snape is my favorite character and I've read a lot of fics about him but this one was by far (and i mean by far)the best. The plot was great and I really like the idea that Lily is somewhere in here since you don't hear that much about her. I don't think there's really a word I kind find to tell you just how much I enjoyed reading this. In fact the only problem I found was that I couldn't sleep after having read a chapter because I was to anxious to read the next one.I really hope you make a sepuel to Seven-headed serpent.

PS-Could you send me the document you were taking about in the fist chapter to CoS Foirst Impresions, I would really appricate it.

Thanx for taking the time to read my review!

Sorora
blastpartition chapter 1 . 7/9/2003
Man, I want to read the rest so bad, but I have to get off! Oh well, all I know is this is Definetly go on my favorites list _ GREAT Story!
nekohebi chapter 6 . 7/3/2003
aww, cool! great story!
Blaise chapter 6 . 6/27/2003
This review is for the whole of Year 1 all in one go.

Chapter 1

Oh, yes, Snape as people-watcher older than his years and icy observer is excellent. In a few places he reminds me of Bean in Orson Scott Card's Ender books, playing cat and mouse. And I love the observations about Dumbledore. Two of a kind is perhaps not the right way to describe them, but it comes close. You do well setting up for Snape's respect for the Headmaster, and I bet we'll see the converse as well.

Ch 2

Interesting interactions with Snape and Lily. I'll be interested to see where you take this.

My one criticism is that they all seem to be a bit too old. Sirius is the only one who acts his age. There is a definite tendency for them all to seem a bit adult. Writing children is a real challenge, I know, but still...

Ch 3

Ah, Snape the Potions Master is emerging. Should I take the comment that Snape can't see through Lily as he can the others as a set-up for a romance? It sounds like one (several years away, undoubtedly).

OOh, and now the plot starts! I want to know where this is going with Fennel. And I see Snape's future spy career is also emerging. I love his cool. And excellent work in the Potions lesson.

Ch 4

I want to see why you think Peter is a Gryffindor. I assume this riddle will be solved sometime?

A typo - discreet, not discrete. I presume. I suppose they *are* discrete, but 'extremely discrete' doesn't make that much sense. And further on, Herbolody. For a moment I thought you'd invented a new subject - possibly singing to plants.

Stick out like a troll at a tea-party: what an excellent simile! Marvellous!

I like Snape thinking like a murderer. He would be good at it, naturally.

Ch 5

Ah yes, the little flaw in Snape's plan. The getaway. Pity he couldn't have found some more untraceable way to administer the antidote. Well, now he's in trouble. I shall watch with interest.

Ch 6

Setting up for a Lupin plot? I liked your Dumbledore, very nice. And I like that Snape works it so that James and Lily get to be the heroes. Although Dumbledore isn't fooled...

And Snape's plan for the future is very interesting ... I wonder if you're going to have him be the good guy all along, or whether he's actually going to start falling in. Those that sup with the Devil had best take a long spoon.

Well, there's one way to find out, I suppose...

Blaise