Reviews for A Ghost In The Family
AughraOfEarth chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
Well worth a review...very nicely done. This could fit right in with any number of stories in Weird Tales or any of the other HB or BPRD trades.
NMT chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
Oh. My god.

That was just...beyond words. Beautiful. Meaningful.

The perspective was what really made it incredible though, I think. Written from the POV of someone Hellboy is helping rather than from the POV of Hellboy himself, or some omniscient narrator...really brings you in. Makes you feel it. I love it.

Absolutely amazing.
badpossum chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
I really like your writing style. It is refreshing to HB relate to someone as a client not as a love interest. I like the plot twist when it went from a regular ghost story to deep dark family secret. I look forward to reading other stories.
Peya Luna chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
i totally love this story!the way the supernatural barges in a 'normal' family only to reveal a hidden old tragedy. also your narators reaction towards hellboy, shes so refreshingly unimpressed compared to all those mary-sues who swoon at his hooves ;-) and what shes thinking about him...'built like mount rushmore' LOLOL
epalladino chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
Thank you a million times over for writing this excellent story. I loved "Hellboy 2: The Golden Army", but if I see one more 'Mary Sue' or Nuada/Nuala fic, I'm going to scream. I actually went onto the site at breaktime at work today hoping against hope to see a 'real' "Hellboy" fan fiction and your story really fit the bill and I would love if you wrote another one.

You've captured the tone of the more serious of those "Weird Tales" stories almost perfectly. I loved your take on Hellboy's character and was ecstatic to see a female OC who wasn't just another Mary Sue. I, myself, generally write movieverse "Hellboy" fics, but have nothing but admiration for comicverse stories when they are this well written. Frankly, you should consider becoming a professional writer if you aren't already considering that career.

P.S. I wanted to leave this review hours ago, but found that I couldn't do anything on FFN on my work computer that required logging in. But I couldn't leave an 'anonymous' review either. I'm still not sure if it was site problems or my company firewall acting up.
igbogal chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
Wow! So, if I read 'Weird Tales' twenty times, I could write like this? No, wait...to do that I'd also need talent, which you've got in spades. You pulled a very stylish switcheroo here, because the first few sentences made me think this really was a PG ghost story. Then you took us to a place chilling enough to make Mignola's elf princes and clockwork Nazis look cuddly in comparison, because what is more frightening than criminal insanity? I loved how gruff Hellboy was, too - if he's like that in the comics, I've gotta start reading them. Please keep writing fanfic!