Reviews for In the Blink of an Eye
blb1000 chapter 18 . 6/16/2014
And besides, Ed being in school in Atlanta will keep Mr. Mope out of the ladies way.
blb1000 chapter 16 . 6/16/2014
Glad to see Carl back, even if only for a short time.
blb1000 chapter 15 . 6/16/2014
I appreciate you're taking on racism here. Some politicians claim it no longer exists, though we the people know how out of touch with reality they are.
blb1000 chapter 14 . 6/16/2014
I'm looking forward to seeing their new project come together. I like the way B handled Ed's petulance.
blb1000 chapter 13 . 6/16/2014
I enjoyed reading Esme's stark reality here. Even that she's not the prefect mother everyone expects. Seems she'd feel better about Ed's attention being drawn away if Carl was back.
blb1000 chapter 12 . 6/15/2014
Yep. Many good ol' boys were brewing white lightening for cash and tasting a good bit of it as well.
blb1000 chapter 11 . 6/15/2014
And there go her money worries.
blb1000 chapter 9 . 6/15/2014
Wow, talk about laying it all on the line. I love how realistic their conversation is.
blb1000 chapter 8 . 6/15/2014
I'm guessing these are... If something should happen to me... Promises. And I doubt B would have graying hair at 27. Hmpf!
blb1000 chapter 6 . 6/15/2014
Wondering about Ed's meeting with her husband before his death & if he's been skulking about for 10 years.
blb1000 chapter 5 . 6/15/2014
Those sneaky vamps. I wonder if Alice saw this happening & sent Edward?
blb1000 chapter 3 . 6/15/2014
Funny how he's no longer IT in her eyes.
blb1000 chapter 2 . 6/15/2014
She's in the south, not an area vamps would choose, so I wonder how they will find her again.
lesuse chapter 68 . 6/10/2014
I don't know if you still read reviews or not, but I had to share how much I enjoyed this story! I love that there is such a beautiful Christian presence in this story. I believe Martha to be the perfect vessel to contain the theology that was always apparent to me in the Twilight series. Edward's struggle against his "sin" nature, Carlisle's non-judgmental treatment of all people regardless of their "worthiness". And, finally, the "resurrection" aspect of the change from human to vampire. I guess the burning is a nod to the Catholic belief in purgatory. As someone who believes that Jesus took all of our sin and opened a way for us to usher immediately into God's presence, I am glad not to have to suffer to enter into heaven. To be absent fro the body is to be present with the Lord. . . Love Esme and Rosalie's persona in this story - best I've read of either of them - much more layered personalities than was given them in Twilight canon, or really in any other FF story I've read. While not the most prolific reader, I'm read many, many stories and most portray all the characters as a variation, or totally alternative version and everything in between, yet still a decidedly one note personality. Even though you chose to only write one story, you rank with some of the best, IMO, of the truly gifted FF authors. I'm so glad you chose this avenue for the epilogue. I, for one, have too many chapters of B & E's first time as a vamp couple in my head - I need absolution to purge them, I fear. But, thank you for sharing your story - it blessed me tremendously. Loved the "visit" by the V wives - remember how Marcus said "visit" in New Moon as he dismissed them. Hope your life is going well. Take care, and thank you again for a delightful, meaty story!
lesuse chapter 35 . 6/8/2014
I like this discussion about whether the change would heal Bella. I was probably 60/40 thinking it would heal her, but still a long ways from being reasonably sure. However, I disagree with what you said in your AN about pregnancy being a permanent state. I read another ff where they talked about your body evacuating all waste, etc before the change completed - much the way a dying person's muscles will relax and empty bowels, etc as they pass. I think that is more likely to happen to a pregnant human as they go thru the change. As if any of this could really happen, but that's my thought. If I had read this when you were nominated for good punctuation, spelling, etc. I would have certainly voted! It is a real pleasure not to have to trip over poor grammar, misspellings, incorrect word usage, etc.! So, I hope you won or placed, at least!
6,079 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »