Reviews for In the Blink of an Eye chapter 22 . 1/10/2009
I really enjoyed reading this chapter because it shows Rosalie in a new light, and I
Lady Saffir chapter 27 . 1/10/2009
I love this story more with every chapter. I especially love Edward realizing he isn't infallable. Love it, love it, love it!
ML chapter 27 . 1/10/2009
I stumbled across it and have become absolutely engrossed. Your characterizations are true to Meyer's books, but you are writing them as so much more mature and *human* than she did-and I think it is wonderful! Keep it up-you are tremendously talented.
Erika S chapter 14 . 1/10/2009
I love this chapter! Makes me laugh alot.( *thumb up*
WhisperedHopes chapter 27 . 1/10/2009
I love how you are adding depth and growth to Edward's character, even vampires change. It was interesting to see how others react/evaluate Edward's personality, we are so use to be 'in the inside' we often times forget that his persona can be harshly viewed.

Lovely chapter and I look forward to more :)
SparklingTopazEyes chapter 27 . 1/10/2009
Great chapter! It was sad, but not as sad as the last one.

Update soon!
Lilliput chapter 27 . 1/10/2009
The insight into Edward's deep thoughts in this chapter was very interesting, and as usual, beautifully written. I'm happiest, however, about the appearance of Carlisle! This is one of the best Edward/Carlisle conversations I've ever read- very touching, and striking the perfect mentor/mentee tone. And it gets them one step closer to mending the rifts in the Cullen family. Can't wait to read your next installment.
GoldenPhoenix 12 chapter 27 . 1/10/2009
This is good. writing in the third person is kind of odd, but this story is still good.
Unique chapter 27 . 1/10/2009
I really like this story. There's a level of adultness that I didn't expect given the fandom and source material. It's always a pleasant surprise to find fan fiction intellectually stimulating.
austen1775 chapter 27 . 1/10/2009
Thanks for another thought-provoking chapter. I found myself mentally responding to Edward's thoughts on God. I'm a born-again Christian but there are times when faced with suffering and poverty (I'm from the Philippines and see poverty at every turn) when I ask the same questions. It's good my faith is intact.

I appreciate chapters like these because we get a reminder of these characters' personalities, thoughts and feelings. Reading the cannon and other fanfiction, I tend to forget that they actually are centuries-old vampires and not teenagers.

Thanks! By the way, I love Edward's talk with Carlisle and the last sentence.
Erythrocyte chapter 27 . 1/10/2009
I like the development of Edward as a person. I would think that all the flaws make him even more attractive to Bella since he's not like a flawless sculpture on a pedestal anymore. I was waiting for Carlisle's reemergence in the fic, and I like how it was done here.

Everything in this fic is incredibly believable. Not to insult S. Meyer, but my number one complaint about the books is believability - and not about the existence of vampires, etc. More like believable decisions and reactions of the characters.

There is this artist named Dale Chihuly who makes (now only supervises the making of) gorgeous glass-blown art. Honestly, the shapes and flow of the glass are almost unbelievable. It's incredible art, but it *is* still glass: you can't pack it up and take it in your car and you can't be careless around it, since defacing it in such a small way would destroy the perfection of the sculptures. Even book!Edward's flaws are not that bad: we know he hates himself, but it's not manifested in the same way an actual person would have.

*This*, the crying without tears, the attempt to not mind-read others, that other people see him as unrelateable, and the last line... that makes Edward fascinating. More like the concept of The Velveteen Rabbit rather than any of the many "David" sculptures from the Renaissance period.

Oh my god: I hope I'm semi-coherent. It's 1am now, and I just got in from work an hour ago.

In summary:

1. YAY another update.

2. You're awesome.

3. This story is one of my absolute favorites.
BougieJoanna chapter 27 . 1/9/2009
another well written chapter! getting some insight into edward's possible plans in the field he is specializing in i think ;)
littleclarestar chapter 27 . 1/9/2009
That was so... deep, I suppose.

The inner workings of Edward's mind, so often romanticized, so often 'dumbed down' where laid bare here: it is rare to find writing that actually addresses who he is, the time he is from, honestly. He isn't perfect - it's 17 year old Bella's perception that he is, and to see this side of him, perhaps the 'real' him is refreshing.

Again - thank you!
jilburfm chapter 27 . 1/9/2009
I really like this line:

"To his mind, being truly pro-life sometimes means ending it."

And I like all the stuff about "God's will". I've had that said to me more times than I'd like. It makes me sick. I don't find it remotely comforting.
Tessellaneous chapter 27 . 1/9/2009
I really love your story, & I was very excited to see a new chapter when I got home from work!

What Edward was thinking about what he thinks pro-life means, as well as his musings on playing God are some of the most basic- as well as heated- discussions in medical ethics classes. I don't know how doctors & nurses have the strength to get over a patient that passes away in their care. I work in the chemistry lab at a hospital, & there have been times I've called a critical result only to be told the patient expired- & I feel crushed. I have no patient contact, but it hurts.

Anyway, I hope your holidays were great!
6,158 | « Prev Page 1 .. 374 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 394 .. Last Next »