Reviews for Role Model
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
This was unbelievably entertaining. I loved the way Sammy stormed on in there, shouting and being generally scary, and taking those officers down a peg or several. Because no matter who a suspect is, a police officer is no better than a common, thuglike criminal if they go around beating suspects up, regardless of what they think the suspect did. I believe very strongly in that. And that's one more reason why I like this fic so much.

Good job!
bhoney chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
I've been saving this fic to read, because I knew I was going to love it, and I was totally right. It rocked.

Loved the little bits of humor sprinkled throughout, like this: "And choosing the young single women had also spectacularly backfired." LOL Oh, Dean!

I loved this little glimpse into their childhood and relationship: "He had a moment of déjà vu to a nine-or-so-year-old Dean telling Sam solemnly he couldn’t cross any streets without his big brother, leading Sam to one day circle the block a dozen times before realizing he was fenced in by asphalt." Aw...

This made me giggle. A lot. "This was why Sam didn’t usually let him take...er, handle…um, question the single women alone." LOL

And I loved the idea of little Sam getting mad at their dad on Dean's behalf: "It had been a long time since Dean had heard that temper explode for his sake—Daddy, Dean’s sick. He needs to stay home". Aw...

And this was really bittersweet: "'I gotcha,' Sam was soothing like he was the older brother. 'I gotcha, tough guy. Man, Dean, I can’t leave you anywhere, can I?'

'No,' he mumbled, suddenly none of this amusing or comforting, who was watching now completely irrelevant. Sam’s shirt was a handful of starched cotton in his grip. 'No. Can’t…'" *sniffle*

And I was totally with Sam on this one: "Otherwise, Sam would have been just as happy to find the men with Dean’s blood on their hands and practice a little southern hospitality of his own." I would've been happy to see that too. I'm a little bloodthirsty, I guess, when one of the boys gets hurt.

But I also really liked the way you had Sam handle it non-violently. Liked that Dean insisted on clearing the suspects' names. That's very in character for him.

And I loved this: "He’d been the one to tell Sam he could always call if he needed anything, that their dad hadn’t spoken for him, that he’d always be there for Sam. He’d been the one who’d looked surprised when Sam returned the favor." That right there says so much.

And then loved this: “Put the fear of God in ‘em?” “Nope, the fear of Winchester.” LOL

WONDERFUL fic! I love "Dirty Harry" Sam. :) I'm adding this to my favorites!
Supernoodle chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Ooh, I do like a bit of protective Sam! That was a good fic.
Lilwazzabug chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
M, Hurt!Dean and Kickass!Sam...just a lovely combination:D
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
hehe, fine piece there. All I can do is quote Dean in 'Mystery Spot', "I get all tingly when you take control like that!"

Really meen cops though I can understand their point of view, even if they judged too quickly. Still, Sammy giving them hell and instantly changing back to gentle brother when interacting with Dean was masterful. And it was so like Sam to consider Dean's dignity on top of keeping the pretense in front of the cops.
Laura of Maychoria chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
Oh, man, I love a protective and angry Sam. Here's hoping that little police department is more careful in the future.

Loved how Dean needed Sam, knew that he did, was so surprised by the quick backup, felt safe, asked him to "Stay here." Loved the hand on the Dean's back with the two fingers through his belt loop. Dean's surprise at the words Sam knew, calling him "lawboy," wanting pie.

Great story.
carocali chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
I'm honestly surprised they haven't ended up in jail more often than naught; especially with their luck! I was a little peeved that the girl turned right on Dean. To her defense, I'm sure she only remembered his face, but there had to be a part of her that realized he was the one helping her. Then, she'd have to admit what happened, yada, yada... still, I hate when the victims turn on them.

But these events birthed Lawyer!Sammy! Oh, he's so good at scaring the crap out of this department, especially once he donned the FBI badge! And, he got the quickest settlement in history! Smart boy!

Great ficlet! Thanks for sharing!

:D

Caroline
Libellule chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
I really enjoyed this story! I love it when Sam goes into mother-bear mode! :) And I wanted to say thanks for all the wonderful Supernatural stories this summer- you've made the hiatus bearable! THANKS
RedDragen chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
I really liked that short story, I loved how you had Sam go off on the people, I could see him doing that.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
Another great season 1-set story. Absolutely loved the way you wrote both boys in this one - Dean his usual cocky self to start off with, then so ridiculously happy he had Sam as back up after he'd been worked over by the cops. And Sam? Wow, Angry!In!Charge!Special!Agent!Sam is nearly as good as Evil!Sam in my opinion! I wish the show had had a little more time to examine how the boys managed to fall back into step with each other after their time apart. Nice to see it in a fic anyway!
luvjase chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Man I love getting to see the boys kickin' butt, physicaly and intellectually! You go Sam! Loved that Dean got to hear Sam raging for him. "Who died and made Sam Dirty Harry" made me laugh. Loved how Dean is just realizing how much he means to Sam and Sam realizing how much Dean missed and needed him. Also loved the "Fear of Winchester" line and the little teaser you threw in there about Mary Winchester and what really happened to her. Man, I loved this! Thanks so much!
PADavis chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Oh, wait, just reviewed Psychic and had this one open, since I reread them both just now, and I think I got them a little confused. This is the early S1 fic - sorry! Really liked that as the setting for this fic, showing Sam willing to do the FBI deal so early. And wondering what Dean would do if he hadn't been in there. Nice relevatory characterization - which you always seem to do so easily. Lovely!

Phoebe
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Great story.

I love Dirty Harry Sam - we don't get to see enough of him.

Loved too the dual brotherly insight into the role reversal, especially given the timing (shortly after Stamford). You have a great way of getting into their heads.

Yummy stuff. Thanks
heyesgirl chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Another great story. Thanks! Poor Dean, just trying to help and look what happens. And I really liked bad-ass Fed Sammy. All i can say is ...hm...pie!
drkstormynite chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Good story! Another small dose of Dean to keep me from going crazy as I wait for Season 4! Season 3 DVDs come out in just a few days...I'll have a whole new way to keep myself happy while I wait!

Thanks for keeping us all happy out here in SN land! :)
64 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »