Reviews for Ad Aeterno
Rima-seeks-solace-in-words chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
Great story. I love the way you interlace Sams love for Latin with his life story. And Latin just really is the most beautiful language ever, which made me like this even more. Thanks for sharing. :)
catzrool chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
Powerful.
Freya922 chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
I am amazed at the pathways you find into this Story...so creative and so poignant. Sam's love affair with Latin and how it intertwined with his torturous journey really made my heart ache.
mngrue chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
*sniff* Poor Sam! Guh, it's so hard to read season 3 related stuff after knowing Sam doesn't crack the puzzle and all the crap that comes because of it. Much though I realize there'd be no show if he could, I sometimes wish that Sam had been able to keep his classical Latin, or could have found his answer in the liturgical, you know? Well, clearly you do. Anyway, thanks for this fic. It was a great look into Sam.
SolaAbariel chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
This is so tragic, but so incredibly awesome. I love the way that you deconstruct the character. The last part especially is just devistating but so well-written.
imdrowninginfootwear chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
Good story, poor Dean lost in the background of the fights, unable to help :P Oh Sam you are such a geek :P lol
ohgravitysonfire chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
i had a feeling this was going there...yet i was still surprised by the end...felt like crying but it was sudden so i couldnt...kinda like the season 5 finale...it jumped from gut-busting laughter to utter shock and tears to anger and OMG WHAT?
hardlygolden chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
This was lovely, really enjoyed this insight into Sam. I loved how each of the books was an escape for him, in its own way - and how heartbreaking it is to realise that even his escape became tainted by the life he was forced to lead.

But there's hope as well - because perhaps it could be the thing that saves Sam and Dean both. I really love that thought.

Thanks for sharing.
Pessimistic Drip chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
This was a wonderful piece. I adore it and I adore how you explore Sam's need for normalcy. How reading is his escape from his reality.

Then his affair with Latin! I like how you threw in how John was initially ecstatic that about Sam's proficiency of Latin, until Sam argues the difference and how he wants out of hunting. And then how you shift it from his wants (normalcy) to his need (family), from vanilla to hunting.

Then Dean trying to be a mediator and Bobby! You don't expand on them, but somehow you're able to nail their character with only a sentence or two. It's great!

This was just beautiful.

I love the way you write. :-)
Like-A-Raven-14 chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
This is really gorgeously written - a lovely meditation on life and love and language.

Bravo.
amyblair chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
love how Sam loved the Hardy Boys because they solve the cases and no one ever died.

I wonder about you during this. I wonder how much of it is you - did you not get into R.L. Stine? I like it when the author does those things, which you may or may not have done here. Makes us guess.

Loved 'Latin is living to him now'

Really liked this fic.
bhoney chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
Wow, this was a really intriguing idea, and I think you totally pulled it off, even with no dialogue and it being in present tense. Very nicely done. It was cool to see Sammy and hear his thoughts, when he first discovered the language, and what it symbolized to him. Loved how you brought it full circle to him using it to try and get Dean back.

It was great when you were talking about all the books he read as a kid, I was getting totally nostalgic. Especially the mention of the Sugar Creek Gang-I used to read those books! Well, the others too, but I'd forgotten about those.

What does the title mean?
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
Great story! Very cool, and I loved the way it flowed well as Sam grew up!
jenilee chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Very nice story. I liked it with no dialogue, it didn’t need it. As your Bobby said sometimes you don’t need to speak to be understood…lol…well, something to that effect anyway.

I like how Sam’s love of latin has brought him full circle, giving him the hope of something more with law school …and now back in his old life, is giving him the hope to save Dean.
PookbearD chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Wow, I am surprised by how much I like this story. I wasn't sure at the beginning what it was about, but am glad I took the time to read it. This goes a long way to explaining why Sam wanted to be a lawyer so badly, and I really enjoyed how you portrayed Bobby as the one to "sneak" the books into Sam's duffel. What a great story!