Reviews for The Cost of Love
maddie chapter 20 . 12/21/2014
Noooo..This isn't finished?! It's sooo good! I wanted to know how Harry would deal with this..
ginnytx chapter 1 . 11/6/2014
I was so excited to read in your bio that you are still working on the Cost of Love. I love, love, love this story. Can't wait for Chapter 21! Yippiee.
siri chapter 20 . 10/23/2014
Glad to see that update on your bio page. I look fwd to a resolution. Your writing is such a breath of fresh air given how poorly written most fanfics are these days. Your characterization is so real. I do agree with previous commentator that perhaps harry is beyond redemption at this point.
Play-doh Akumu chapter 20 . 4/6/2014
Overall, good writing. It's easy to get into. The use of climaxes, such as the deadline of the wedding, is smart. It keeps the reader from becoming lost or disinterested.

One thing I didn't appreciate, that constantly nagged, was how obviously this was written by a woman. The way Potter interacts with his friends, new trainees, and even how he deals with the affair, is very womanly. I myself couldn't stand it.

The plot of the story started off well. The analysis of Harry Potter, how he wants to be normal but really isn't, was incredibly smart to employ. The emphasis is on his naivety, which again, fits well with his character. He's struggling to find out his own identity. As the story goes on, though, things stale-mate. Harry Potter stops developing. He stops /trying/ to develop. And that's about the time when he started being a douch*bag. The fact is, even if this story were finished and he'd chosen someone, Harry Potter would still look like a raging douch*bag, someone who used everyone and therefore deserves no one. I almost hope he ends up alone.

That I'm thinking these thoughts about Potter, the narrator, is just bad writing. Even though I understand you want some of that hatred in the reader, you've pushed it enough. There comes a time when the reader loses hope in their narrator, and we reached that point three chapters ago.

I would have liked to see Potter break up with Ginny before we reached this point. It's easy to give a character cold feet. If he'd even said to Ginny, "I'm moving out, let's postpone the wedding, I need time to think," even THAT would have been an improvement to his character. And since the relationship with Snape isn't wedding-status, he'd have had a lot of chances to be alone and think about what he wanted without being a complete douch*bag.

Overall, the climaxes were nice. I think it was a base mistake to use the wedding as the end-zone, even if it made for good pacing. It really didn't do justice to your characters, and ended up making them too selfish, too insecure. If you had had Potter change the end-zone for himself, i.e. had him cancel the wedding, that could have really developed his character. Instead he's become... well, a douch*bag. The only reason I kept reading was for the good writing, and perhaps to see if you'd turn things around.

Regardless... Glad that I ran across this fanfiction.
lestatluvr13 chapter 20 . 3/29/2014
you haven't updated in years but I want you to know this is my all time favorite post war fic and I wish so badly for the resolution. it's so realistic and beautiful ( i hope you see this
Madi Black chapter 20 . 1/12/2014
I really hope you update soon! It's an amazing piece.
Madi Black chapter 16 . 1/12/2014
Hello! I recently got back into fanfiction again. It's been many years since I've read any and many more years since I've written anything myself. I'm also 25 (if your profile age is correct) and it's nice to see someone else my age still writing. I've meant to get back into it, as I still have two stories to finish. Reading your story has really inspired me to do so.

I've read many Snape/Harry pairings. Mostly for the smut. But there's something more going on in your story. It's much more believable and natural, the way they're falling for each other. I really wish I could read more of the smut though, but your unedited versions aren't anywhere to be found. I hope you post them soon!

Thanks so much for writing.

MB
Gelfling64 chapter 20 . 9/1/2013
More story! I demand it!
Goddess Alexandria chapter 20 . 8/27/2013
When I read this I ignore the Harry and Ginny action, I just can't read it, it feels unnatural. However Severus and Harry work so well together after they get past all the hate they had for each other.
Satoshi'sBabe chapter 20 . 4/25/2013
so i've been reading this the last couple days and i really like it. its amusing and has kept me thoroughly interested.

i was reading the chapter when harry and snape where doing 'you know what' and i couldn't help thinking how they would get caught, but they didn't. i finished chapter 20, obviously, and when it got to ginny and harry, well... i snickered a bit then facepalmed because, i'm sure like everyone else, knew that harry wouldn't be able to go any further. i know, that was terrible.

well i do hope you have not completely abandoned this story because i would really enjoy reading more. update please? i'm sure others would enjoy that as well.
The Potters of the Future chapter 20 . 4/18/2013
Harry should just leave Ginny and be done with it
The Potters of the Future chapter 7 . 4/18/2013
oh dear. Poor Severus
The Potters of the Future chapter 2 . 4/17/2013
And they'll end up drunk and in bed together.
The Potters of the Future chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
Ginny seems really bitchy in this.
Ms.Freestyle chapter 20 . 3/30/2013
so... where's the rest? I'm sure I'm not the only one to harass you for this! Hopefully soon, yes?