Reviews for Opened Once
Water-Soter chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Awesome fic! I loved Charlie's POV and how he saw Don throughout the scenes. My only negative, and it's a tinsy bitty one, is that in the one when Don comes home from his baseball game when he didn't win, is that I would think Don would not had been as nice to Charlie as he was. But again, it's a very minor thing. The rest was brilliant, especially the first scene with Charlie pocking through Don's things!
Synbou chapter 1 . 11/12/2008
An excellent fic!

Best,

Isa
Rinne chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
I liked this one very much.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
“Yeah and of course, it was the guy I went to Princeton with, Marsha-.” Charlie paused and looked up, ignoring the fact that his oven-mitt clad hands were still in the oven, having yet to extract the tray with the garlic bread. “Hey! How did you know that? I don’t remember mentioning it to you.”

“Charlie - oven, tray, hot!” Don reminded him succinctly.

“Huh? Oh, right.” Charlie pulled out the tray and placed it on the grill.

Satisfied that his brother wasn’t about to burn his hands or more importantly, burn the garlic bread, Don replied: “You didn’t mention it to me, I knew because I was there.”

Haha. I loved that 'oven, tray, hot!' roflmao.

This story was utterly amazing.

Alas, I had to wait several days to read it, (school has started, and even though I've been there but four days, I already had to bring home every book in my locker for the weekend.)

Anyway, fantastic story! *adds to favorites*
newgal chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
Love this!
Lisa Paris chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Very nicely done, as usual, DB. I especially liked Don attending the lecture. Sad and poignant as ever that he didn't wait behind at the end.

As for the last section - I'm with Charlie. Surprising, no - amazing, yes. Perhaps he really does understand his big brother.

PS - got to love the Jeff refs.
Whispering Darkness chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Nice story! - I especially loved the ending.
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
This was a beautiful piece of writing. Just beautiful.

Just last night I watched Counterfeit Reality, so the scenes you recounted in (1) were fresh in my mind. I particulary liked Charlie's thought as to whether Don would have even told him he had gotten married or that Charlie was an uncle.

(2) was very realistic, very brotherly. I liked the teasing and Don calling Charlie a turkey. Ha Ha

I LOVED (3). Just loved it. Larry's character was perfectly written and the scene between Don and Charlie was heartbreaking. It was so real that Don would have felt out of place there and quietly slipped away without even seeing Charlie.

(4) was sad. The image of six year old Charlie puzzled because Don did not win the game was poignant and believable. Ah, the wonders of hero worship.

I actually just watched "Identity Crisis" as well, so the scenario about Don playing ball for the FBI's team in (5) was also easy to recount. I liked the way you injected a few original scenes to round it out.

And may I say (6) didn't surprise me at all. Not just that Don would do anything to protect Charlie, but that it was well written, as the other five sections were. I think I see a subtle change in your writing; a growth, maturity. This was an example; six wonderful little ideas that don't have anything in common except the characters and yet, you wove them together with a shared theme of their childhood, their understanding and misunderstanding of each other, their belief in each other, their love for each other.

Well done. This will surely give Team Schmoop the edge.
supergirl3684 chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
that was great! I loved the one where don went to charlies guest lecture!
Sarai chapter 1 . 8/27/2008