Reviews for A Matter of Inches
Zana Zira chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
Poor Sam. I feel his pain. I'm not that tall (5'5'') but my back is TERRIBLE, and has been since I was about 11. And it's true - when your back hurts, the rest of you hurts and you just want it to STOP. Great story! Dean's a good brother. :')
ccase13 chapter 2 . 10/29/2011
Sam is so sad about missing the falling girl and Dean is only worried about Sam.
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
Interesting - I'd never thought that Sam might suffer from a bad back but I suppose being that tall it would make sense. My dad is also really tall (6'5) and he also has struggled with back troubles. Not fun - poor Sammy:-(
PADavis chapter 2 . 7/15/2009
It was a lot of fun to catch up with your stories tonight. Another remarkable fic - I know several guys 6'4" and over and these problems, back and just logistics of dressing and fitting, are all spot on. Loved how that played against Sam wanting to be normal. Totally worth staying up late.

Carolej126 chapter 2 . 7/10/2009
I really enjoyed this - have a special love for "Dean takes care of Sammy" stories and this one was wonderful.
QuierdoMusic chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
“You can still hate me if you want though.” :D That was great... Dean knows that Sammy doesn't hate him
Angel's Rest chapter 2 . 6/30/2009
Those are the Winchesters I love. Someone needs help? Even if it's just a girl crying beside the road - they're there. They're there for each other as well. Which is just how it should be.

It's nice to see this story from Dean's pov. And I love that rule - you don't get to hate yourself. Love Dean taking care of Sam. Sam hurting because he failed someone he never had a chance of saving. And that it is the normal in life this time around that is giving the boys grief. I just plain love it.
Ciya chapter 2 . 6/29/2009
'Yep Sammy hates me.' LOL. Dean always has something interesting to think about where Sam's concerned.

I've always thought Dean would make a fun sounding board just cause you'd never know what he'd say back.
Phx chapter 2 . 6/29/2009
Too funny! I just re-read the first chapter last night 'cause I loved how well Dean took care of Sammy so I was delighted to see you had done a second chapter from Dean's POV. Poor Dean, fixated and bothered because he thought Sam was saying he hated Dean when it was Sam saying he hated himself all along. And I especially loved how much Dean was bothered, even more so, when he did find that out. Ooh and his protectiveness when the sheriff showed up? Aw...

Totally awesome second chapter. And, again, I love how your Sam suffers from a bad back - very realistic.

And the heating pad being turned off and on? Aw, those boys really do love each other.
TraSan chapter 2 . 6/29/2009
Hey, both chapters were wonderful!

Beautiful insights into the brothers.

Liked it very much.
gapdragon1 chapter 2 . 6/29/2009
I didn't think your original story needed a chapter two - and then I read it and found it did! Worked really well - Thank you
FraidyCat chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
Haven't I read this before? Which is not to say that I don't love it, I was just anticipating some fresh H/C angst...
friendly chapter 2 . 6/29/2009
that was really good.. I wish you would right about how sam hurt his back when he was a teenager..
rydingshotgun chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
This story was great if a little sad. Very well written. And poor Sammy, it’s not bad enough that he’s height disadvantages him with things, but he has back pain as well. Poor darling’.

And OMG! There’s someone taller than Sammy? Who knew? :D
amyblair chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
Okay, I loved this. Totally loved the Sheriff. I liked how Rosie was talked about through Dean and the Sheriff, even though we never met her and I adored her, too!

Great lines, nice writing. This was really a very original, simple concept story.