Reviews for PotC: The Curse of the Black Pearl
crod42 chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
Even though I have read these stories, I would like to review them chapter by chapter if I can and I'll try to remember the reactions I had when I first read this. I will be labeling them as positives and negatives, but you will be happy to know that the positives, no matter how short they are, will outweigh the negatives.

Positives: The set up is really good. One thing that books will always have over movies is describing people without talking. I like how you defined James in this chapter, giving him a lot more layers than the movie did. I also like Emma and I can see the two as a match for each other.

Negatives: Only two things: grammar in a couple places, but not enough to get me deterred and this scene:
Elizabeth was silent for a moment, than she said, quietly, "Do you think, is mother were alive, she would be coming with us right now?"

Emma shook her head, as she put her arm around Elizabeth's shoulder, "I don't know, Elizabeth. She had a strong mind, but her heart was weak ever since she had influenza as a girl. When she suffered that relapse, she just couldn't take it. If she had remained healthy, however, I don't think that anything would have kept her from making this trip. You and she were very much alike, always looking for a new adventure somewhere beyond the horizon."

This may sound a bit nitpicky, but I feel like that scene could have been explained at another time. I see the two girls talking about it to someone else instead of each other.

Strong start!
Batman chapter 30 . 6/8/2014
AHHHH! You are an awesome writer! You are equivalent to Jane Austen the way that you describe stuff so professionally. Keep writing!
ashleighm123 chapter 16 . 12/23/2013
;luyhgspoi;
ashleighm123 chapter 12 . 12/23/2013
Tortuga means sea turtle
ashleighm123 chapter 8 . 12/23/2013
:P
Kylemoor chapter 28 . 8/17/2013
I don't know if you've received an explanation for "Bob's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt" yet, but "Bob's your uncle" is an British phrase meaning something like "All's well" or "It's all good". "Fanny's your aunt" or "My Aunt Fanny" was the rebuttal phrase which was to basically say "bullshit". So "Robert's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt" was a way of saying "All's well for you, bullshit".
Gingerslytherin chapter 36 . 7/28/2013
This story is amazing and this last chapter was just so cute and I'm so freaking happy about it I can't wait to read the other stories :) x
LeShyWolf chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
love it! _
Secretly-A-Fangirl chapter 36 . 6/19/2011
Really great story, one of the best POTC stories that I've read! I'm so glad that James will have a bigger part in the next story and that he won't die. Thank you for posting it on fanfic, now I've got to go read the next one. D

NINJAkookie
sunnydayz56 chapter 36 . 6/8/2011
Wow, I was jumping up and down at the and of the book! I am a hopeless romantic as well a pirate at heart. This FanFic won my approval and that is a lot! Keep it up!
fan.f.freak chapter 36 . 5/26/2011
this has got to be the best and most definitely, superbly written potc fic...
LunaAnatolia chapter 28 . 4/5/2011
the "Robert's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt bit" is a saying we have in England, maybe you're American and they don't have it there? Its actually "Bob's your uncle" but Jack being Jack had to just exaggerate it a little bit ;)
Lumonox chapter 36 . 1/26/2011
I'm absolutly honored to give you your 100ste review.

Great story!
justawriter33 chapter 32 . 9/26/2010
Confessions, confessions. I must admit, I nearly cried in this chapter at stupid James, for not realizing that it was EMMA that loved him. Emma, poor emma.
justawriter33 chapter 31 . 9/26/2010
Wow amazing advice. GO WILL!