Reviews for Darkness Calls
Rumsey chapter 9 . 7/7
Ahh, its getting better and better. I love this fight scene between the titans and their avatars. I think it was a good choice to make them physically tangible instead of mere astral projections, thus making it feel more real every time they kill each other.

I still find myself wondering if the Beast Boy Raven has found is the real Beast Boy, or even if the Raven you've given us insight to is the real Raven

Hopefully the confusion doesn't go that deep because I think, emotionally, I wouldn't be able to take it. As an objective reader, though, it would be really interesting to see how it plays out, and so genius if it's done right. I'm really excited to see how this situation rights itself, or even if it does.

I haven't read any of your other works, but I certainly will, considering how much I've enjoyed this story so far.
Rumsey chapter 7 . 7/7
I don't remember if I've been leaving you consistent reviews, but you should know that I'm thoroughly enjoying this story! I like how you interpret the relationship between Beast Boy and Raven. They're both sort of working through their feelings for each other in a subtle way, which is very believable given their differences and their personality and their separate/different reasons to hold back from each other (Beast Boy's self doubt and Raven's hesitance to embrace her emotions)

I am usually very particular when it comes to the romantic bond between the two, as I am usually more invested in platonic relationships, but you've really embraced that well.

I also love the pacing of your story. I found myself wondering really how there could be so many more chapters after Robin's issue was resolved, but it was only the catalyst for utter bedlam. You did a good job of subtly hinting that.

On another note, I really hope Starfire will be okay. I know people keep saying she'll be lost forever, but I still have some hope for her :)
Rumsey chapter 2 . 7/6
This might be a bit early to judge, but doesn't Raven have healing powers? Couldn't she at least to some length do something to relieve robins symptoms? It seems a bit unrealistic since she can heal herself as well.

Other than that, though, I've really enjoyed this story. I like how you highlight cy and Ravens friendship. It's often overlooked
Memesrlife chapter 12 . 5/11
So obviously there's suppose to be a sequel. That ever coming?
iamking chapter 2 . 5/21/2015
Cool.
Elaina96 chapter 7 . 3/15/2015
WOW! well I find the story well written I didn't think it was much in my taste. Its very serious and im more into humor and romance. for awhile I couldn't tell if it was bbrae robrae robstar? but now I can see that its the parings I like. I hate to say it was the (almost) sex scene that intrigued me but it was and now im hooked into the story and hope that its finished when I get to the end. I hope I see more like this chapter and I gotta give you a thumbs up on it.
DaOneInDaCorner chapter 3 . 6/2/2013
Wait, isn't Seth the entity of chaos?
AnnaExMachina chapter 12 . 5/20/2013
This story is fantastic. Each chapter was very well-written and compelling. Your script isn't overtly flowery as to distract from what's going on, but I still felt the vividness of the plot through your descriptions. I was sucked in and really felt like I was watching it happen. The grammatical errors or typos were sparse and certainly didn't take me out of the story.
I really enjoyed the relationship between Beast Boy and Raven, I thought it evolved in an interesting and believable way. It never overwhelmed the plot and didn't feel like a love tumor.
I'm always fascinated when writers take a show like Teen Titans and add some horror to it. The show already had potential with some surprisingly disturbing material laid from the comics and taking it to the next level this way is something I really look for when reading fanfiction. Though it hurts me to see tragedy come to beloved characters, the realistic reactions to the chaos was very intriguing. Each character dealt with it in their own way and you seem to understand what each character at their core is and how they would change and react to this kind of situation. I'd love to see a wider scope of the aftermath in a sequel.

"Black energy had consumed the building, but none of the overhanging pipes did more than rattle a feeble applause for the passionate performance unfolding for their voyeuristic pleasure." This is the greatest line ever written. I could not stop laughing after reading it. I'm still laughing about it. The image of the pipes was too much. Sorry if that wasn't your intention, but it really tickled me. God, I really loved this piece. Please write a sequel. I'm dying to know what happens to Cyborg and I'd love to see a conflict between Starfire and Blackfire on Tamaran.
onethingillread chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
Honestly, if I posted a long enthusiastic review of Darkness Calls, it wouldn't end up being anything that you haven't heard before. So basically i just wanted to say that your story was absolutely fantastic and I simply can not wait for Shadow Boxing. But please take your time and make it as amazing as the first one. Keep on writing like you are!
OminousBanana chapter 12 . 8/5/2012
Care to make a sequal? Haha, because seriously. Talk about a cliff hanger, will ya? Other then that, such an amazing peice. Very detailed and it displayed the imagery perfectly in my mind. Keep plotting such things as this and you'll go far in the land of FanFiction!

Can't wait to see if you follow up on this story, even though this is about a year late somewhat. You still have time to plan! :D
Guest chapter 7 . 7/7/2012
Good chapter, but just one thing. Beast Boy never ever gives up just like that. He's the optimistic one on the team. He always has a lot more hope than the other Titans combined and he never gives up matter what. Try to remember that next time.
D4rK Sid3 chapter 12 . 7/5/2012
Fantastic fic! I read this in 2 days, it was just too magnificent to pass up! The way you developed the action across all chapters, the cunning of everything that seemed to fit so perfectly. There wasnt any loose ends, nothing but the promise of another supreme sequel! Especially because of the romance of Raven/Beast Boy, my favorite pairing and the horror and the blood and the desperation that this battle was. I am waiting eagerly for the sequel! May you have a nice day and thanks for providing us with this good piece.

From Texas
D4rK
Yeya the BlackPhoenix chapter 12 . 1/28/2012
DAMN! That story was amazing! Please tell me there is a sequel to this.
Chaseha-Wing chapter 12 . 1/14/2012
I wonder if the price to using the 'death' stone is time. You know, kill a person, lose a year of life, bring someone back, lose ten. Such magic always requires high prices after all. Chaos is easy though. Breaking glass, stealing, shouting, lying; all these little events can lead to terrible consequences so the 'Chaos' stone should be much easier to use then the death stone. But at the same time everything requires a price, so I wonder what Slade has been sacrificing.

Nice work, good ending for that allows for a sequel but... this all happened before season 5 right? Before the brain came into view? If so I though Raven was 16 in the show when her b-day of doom happened.

Oh well, nice story, well written, but I might not read the sequel (nothing personal). Nice work tho, 8/10 on a whole .
Katwizzle chapter 12 . 11/28/2011
when will you make a sequel? this is amazing!