Reviews for Kim Possible: The Call of Wind Chimes
Dsman chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
this was at frist5 like a poam to me but then it began to make sense
JAKT chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
There be an Angst Monster here.

You probably wouldn’t want to take a ride through CB73’s mind. And more to the pint, he probably wouldn’t want you too anyway. His expeditions into the KP universe are usually a solo affair, often dangerous, almost always uncomfortable, and frequently a hairbreadth from disaster for Team Possible.

CB73 your prose is luminous often deeply personal, and transporting in the pan-sensory way that only the best insightful reading can be.

It’s safe to say that the reader wouldn’t want to be in your writing shoes and that we wouldn’t want to be in Kim or Ron’s either. The quest for knowledge is often a dangerous one and you have portrayed it with a style and dignity all your own.

This trip is harrowing, minutely observed and utterly mesmerizing, all rendered in an artfully unadorned, fast-paced prose that breathes with a life all its own as well. There is also an ample supply of angst and wisdom. Well done. Well done indeed.

Thank you for writing this little tale. As kt says: “You ROCK HARD!”

A jakt joint review
Limby chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
Very nice! Great job Cajun! I enjoyed how you allowed Ron and Kim to witness just how bad the outcome could have been. I enjoyed the imagery of bagpipes and Amazing Grace. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to read you next story!
Data Seeker chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
Dear CajunBear73

This is a great story. The quality is great; great narration, dialog, emotion, symbolism, drama and romance! And the song, Amazing Grace was nicely woven into it.

Ron and Kim are well crafted, and in character; great go into their thoughts and emotions, and describing the bond between them.

And the other characters are done well, though not the main characters of the plot.

The plot is interesting. At first, I thought it was an alternate version of Graduation, and wondered what was going on. Then the scene changes to Ron and Kim and Sensei, and it turns out they were having visions of the other possible results of the battle against the aliens. Kim is weary and vulnerable, and Ron is sad, hurt that Kim is torn about his choice. But it comes down to this: taking a life is awful, but in some cases, killing is justified due to the lack of choice.

And its great that Kim (though emotional about what Ron did), she still loves Ron and understands that there was no choice.

The discussion between Yori and Sensei was dynamic and profound. Ron and Kim balance each-other with their differences, making them both strong. But they depend on each-other to be super strong. But they are only human, despite their powers and their love and support of each-other, and sometimes things don’t work out. And your reference to Yin and Yang was dynamic, and you didn’t use the whole “Good and Evil are balanced” which makes zero sense to me.

And the ending scene was sweet, Ron holding Kim and they doze off.

The wholesome standards are high.

The language is clean.

Nothing is suggestively offensive.

There is violence, but its handled well.

And the are morals brilliantly woven into the chapter.

I hope this review has a good influence on you. God bless.

Data Seeker
RonHeartbreaker chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
A very nice read. The first segment - the vision of the alternative ending to Graduation - was beautifully written, highly evocative, and of course terribly and awe-fully (in the classic sense) dramatic. The bagpipes, windcharms, quietly painted images - all combined to make it quite powerful. On its own it would have been quite a tear-jerker of an alternative ending. Then, the transition to Yamanouchi and the realization that this is Sensei showing them a vision of what-might-have-been: I had to read that section a couple of times through to sort out exactly what was going on, but that was also quite powerful as we realize just how painful the events were, but how little alternative there was.

I must confess that the last chunk of the story - after Kim and Ron leave the scene - seemed a bit talky. My beta - Ultimate Naco Topping - gave me great advice early on: try to avoid too much exposition in the dialogue. In this instance I think you are really telling when you could be showing. I mean this as a compliment: the set up and first scene, followed by the Ron-Kim-Sensei exchange, was so clear and powerful that I don't think you really need all the explanation between Sensei and Yori - there wasn't anything they said that you hadn't already communicated with the great writing. IMHO.

BTW - your story gave me a vision of an enraged, twisted Ron flying off to the Warlordian home world and laying it waste, committing a genocide of billions of sentient beings there (maybe hundreds of billions, depending on the size of the Warlordian empire). Gives me the shivers.

BTWBTW - Excalibur. With a classic turn by Nicol Williamson and of course a brief appearance by Jean-Luc Picard! (Well, ok, Patrick Stewart.)

I haven't read Yankee Bard's tale but now I surely will.

thanks for the read!

Best,

RH
Shrike176 chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Good story, very touching.
Michael Howard chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
The beauty of the prose (and dialogue), the sentiment, the philosophical underpinings, all make this a very memorable story, well worthy of multiple readings.

Terrific job here, CB!
daccu65 chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Cajun:

Nice that you write the occasional, fine piece as well as being a reviewer without peer. Nice piece of 'what could have been'. Thanks for the story.

daccu65
Comet Moon chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Nice

I liked it

Ja ne

Jim
screaming phoenix chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
It's about durn time you posted this! I mean why should I be one of the few to enjoy this magnificent tale? I have waited for this story to be published ever since you told me about it. The blending of possible futures with Kim’s reaction to not only what happened, but what could have happened was well done and right in character for her. Her natural Kimness would force her to seek alternatives to what happened. What she never thought of was what if the different outcomes were worse that what actually happened? What she can count on, and always will be able to, is Ron’s absolute faith in her and his desire to ‘have her back’ no matter what.

Sensei and Yori’s conversation reveals much about not only what Team Possible has gone through but, what they will have to go through to find the peace they crave and the happiness they deserve.

Thanks for the shout outs, but you did the work I just offered suggestions. As a certain blonde sidekick/partner would say, “I got your back CB!”

Yeah, the talking heads are saying Ohio State will play Oklahoma, Georgia, or U.S.C. at the end of the season. I prefer to wait until the season is over before I make travel plans.

As long as they beat Michigan I’m cool!
zardoz101 chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
Great story. Enjoyed it very much. I do believe the movie you mentioned is "Excalibur". Great movie.
Blooddraken chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
brilliant story
Kwebs chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
Great story CB! I can see Kim driving so hard for answers and Ron doing all ha can to give them to her. Like all questions, you might not like the answer. Now, the healing can begin for them.
Drakonis Aurous chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
In a word...Wow. This is a masterful one shot addressing the aftermath of "Graduation". I haven't read Yankee Bard's story yet but in reading this I have an idea (another to add to my long list of story to read).

So Kim and Ron go to unusual circumstances to see why the events of Graduation had to take place and where to go on from there.

The conversation between Ron and Sensei, and later on Yori and Sensei, was very well done shedding light on what had happened and what's in store for Kim and Ron.

The inclusion of Amazing Grace, the bagpipes, and chimes (sounds weird as I write this down but trust me it works) was a great touch, really setting the mood.

Great work, CajunBear73

- Drakonis Aurous
Sentinel103 chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
Wow Cajun Bear, I was going to review Thursday, but couldn't wait. One thing, I would have picked "Highland Cathedral" instead "AG", but that's just me but it's better than "Flowers Of The Forest". I can explain in a PM.

So, Kim wants to know what would happen if Ron didn't save her in the original sitch. Now she knows. Death of a lot of innocents, her death, his death, destruction, slavery of those left alive. Was killing the two aliens worth it. I think Kim has begun to realise that Ron did what he had to do to save the planet and most importantly her. Now can come the healing of the two lovers.

Thanks CB73, I'll send a PM to Rob and YB Thursday.

Larry (Sentinel 103)

Oh, if you remember the album "Welcome to the LBJ Ranch"