Reviews for Desperate
bug2001 chapter 9 . 10/16/2008
As always, great chapter!

"When did Edward ever react normally?" This is so, so true.

"Edward was already grieving Bella's loss." Never looked at these scenes in the book in this light before ... throughout the entire pregnancy (as short as it was) he WAS grieving like she was already gone. Very interesting.

I liked how you had Rosalie walking through the house and hearing the conversations of those out of the scene (i.e. Carlisle/Esme, Alice/Jasper, Emmett). I also liked reading about their preparations for Jacob's arrival.
latuacantante4him chapter 9 . 10/16/2008
I love this from a different POV.
The Duchess of Telmar chapter 9 . 10/16/2008
I didn't think it was boring at all. And it would be fantastic f you did the whole book in Rosalie's point of veiw. But I know that it might become tedious or you might just carry it as a burden. Don't feel inclined to. I think your choice would be wonderful.

"The baby was the only thing that mattered to the both of them right now."

Is Rosalie finally acknowledging that they are only tied together because of it. Is she admmitting that the baby is her number one priority in so many words? I realy did think that the baby would be good for Rose. She certianly isn't acting rational, but at least she can admit it.

"Strangely enough, Rosalie was starting to view Bella as her sister."

Some good came out of this don't you think? I just think it's sad that Rose only binded herself to Bella because of the child. Shouldn't she feel inclind to love Bella because of BELLA? Rose needs to understand that Bella loves Roalie because of her, and not the protection she's offering.

' “I’m not the one who is killing her now. It’s you, not me.” '

Now of course, this adds controversy. I'm not siding with anyone in particular. Edward, is blinded by his need to protect Bella, he will go against his own sister. Those were harsh words, Edward. Of course at the time, I was frustrated with Rosalie too. Edward would believe that Rose is the one killing Bella. I wonder how he would react if Renesmee DID end up killing Bella - before he went to the Volturi of course.

I notice the oddest things don't I, Nikki? A standing ovation on a great chapter!

~Vi

PS. My comments are entirely for Rose, so please don't think I'm flaming you in any part of my review.
nia-ox chapter 9 . 10/16/2008
Fabulous!

Gosh, I wish SM had let you write all of the missing pregnancy things that weren't in BD. It would have made everything so much better!

Well, on to my review.

Despite the fact that Rose sees Bella as her sister...I still hold by my 'Bella-becoming-Rosalie's-child-until-the-baby-comes' theory. How Rosalie treats her like she's a piece of glass is almost how Edward used to treat her. She's obviously taken on the role of protector, but is it deeper? If there was something Bella wanted to tell someone...would she tell Rosalie? I feel that Rosalie's become Bella's emotional guardian like Edward was? It's almost as though she's taken over Edward's place completely. Of course, not romantically. But, if Bella& Edward's relationship wasn't romantic, then Rosalie would have replaced him perfectly. Oh, my ramblings are utterly nonsensical now, aren't they!

But in short, I (as always) loved this chapter. I'm quite fond of Jacob, and I'm glad he got to appear!
JuseaPeterson chapter 9 . 10/16/2008
First off, Good luck with your mid terms.

This most definitely was not boring. As much as I loved seeing that from Jacob's POV in Breaking Dawn, I love how you incorporated it into your story. I love how you have the interaction of Bella, Edward and Rosalie.

You brought in so many things that are essential later, like Rose and Bella's relationship and its growth, how Rosalie was viewing Bella and Edward, where and why the anti Jacob hatred started.

You pulled it in so beautifully together. You could feel how heart wrenching it was. I love how you have your own stuff but bringing in different scenes from Rose's POV will be wonderful to see too, so I'm glad you added a bit of it. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I only want the stuff from the book, I just love how you had the view point in here and know that in other scenes it'll help with understanding Rose's actions. But I don't want to loose your stuff. I hope that made sense.

Anyways, wonderful job on the chapter. I can't wait to read the next chapter.
theartistformerlyknownaswmlaw chapter 9 . 10/16/2008
Wasn't boring at all! Loved the bit about Bella using "Rose" to manipulate her into doing what she wanted.
LunaPuff chapter 9 . 10/16/2008
Won. Der. Ful. I loved it. Seeing it from Rosalie's POV is so INTERESTING. But I love the fact that you're using 3rd person, instead of 1st. It's an excellent touch. Much like the Twilight Saga itself. I'm excited to see the next one. I know how you are with the midterms, though. Mine are all creeping up on me.
RidiculouslyFixated chapter 9 . 10/16/2008
i love this! it's so interesting to see what's happening inside rosalie's head (although i love bella, she does get a little tedious sometimes), and you've really got her down pat! two thumbs up,keepit coming :)

xx
raggedyman-irememberyou chapter 8 . 10/15/2008
HA. So, yeah, this was first on my to-do list on... monday. Really, it was. But my mom decided not to pick me up from the barn until about 6 and when i got home, it kind of hit me that i'd forgotten about homework all weekend.

Anyway. The review.

"She didn’t wish Bella would die, that was true. It wasn’t out of callousness or disregard for Bella’s life."... "But even though Rosalie didn’t want Bella to die, she could not shake away the desire. Rosalie would do everything she could to keep Bella alive, but if she couldn’t… She could deal with that, too." All I can manage to say is... YES. I need to remember to thank you more for writing this. Everyone gets so caught up in Rosalie's desire for a child that they just assume that she wants Bella dead so she can have the baby for herself. I know I dwell on this a lot, but it irritates me soo much.

Funny story, though. I was having a Rosalie argumetn with my friend, and she was like "Well, she's basically just a selfish bitch who would do anything to get what she wants. She doesn't care about anyone but herself. Look at what she was like in Breaking Dawn." And I replied to that with an argument based on things you've written in this story abotu what Rosalie's thinking. And she's jsut like, "um... where did you get that from?" No lie, I keep thinknig this is really BD because it's so accurate. Your story just blends with BD in my mind now (in a good way, not in a it-sucks-in-all-the-wrong-ways BD way.)

Anyway... moving on. There is definitely no sympathy for Edward coming from me in this chapter. I mean, I do understand to a point that he feels like he's losing his wife, but then he does his typical Edward act, only seeing the thoughts on the edge of Rosalie's mind and taking them the wrong way without trying to look any deeper. One of the roots of my dislike for him, as you know. I like how you wrote that, though. Again, scarily accurate.

YAY Esme! I love the mother-daughter moment in her... it's not too lovey-dovey or typical mom stuff, just woman-to-woman advice. It's good. Esme doesn't tell her what to do, but just gives her some guidance and assures her that what she's feeling isn't so terrible like Edward is trying to make her believe. Loved it.

"Rosalie was left alone with a sleeping human girl, and her own thoughts. Neither were comforting, and both twisted together and spiraled her mind into dark paths she thought she had left behind her." Ominous... but intriguing. All in all, another fabulous chapter, and I cannot wait for more. :)

Later!

-Eileen
pottersweetie chapter 8 . 10/12/2008
This is so beautiful, and poignant! Everyone's reactions are so real and so well-written! I love your Rosalie- she gives no excuses for her actions, but we understand them completely. I hope to see an update very soon.
pottersweetie chapter 6 . 10/12/2008
I was going to wait until I finished all of the chapters before I reviewed, but I had to review for this one. Not only do I have to say I appreciate your promoting my story, I have to tell you how I feel about this chapter as well. The dialogue and the way you described this chapter- how hurt Edward feels, how determined Rosalie (especially) and Bella are, how everyone is so tense and nervous, and how frustrated Alice is- all of it...Hm. I want to make sure I word this correctly... Really, I felt physically strained FOR them, and I could feel the pain for all of them, especially Edward, and also for Rosalie. I think I've only read one or two other fan fictions that have made me physically feel what the story is trying to portray, and for that, I applaud you! You write in a way that makes the reader feel, and I only hope I can convey that with my own writing. Also, Rosalie's feelings and reactions are so realistic- something a lot of fan fiction writers don't take into consideration. Bravo for writing such a wonderful piece of work. Now I'm off to read more!
BACswimma chapter 8 . 10/12/2008
amazing! updates oon!
just drifting chapter 8 . 10/12/2008
So sweet. Well done :D
BabelFish42 chapter 8 . 10/12/2008
I hope you're still planning to write that Esme story, because I really like getting to see a little more of depth to her character in the way you write her. I love the way she comforts Rosalie, and then goes off to do the same for Edward. No matter what she thinks or who she agrees with, she's there for all of her 'kids.' She really is the glue holding the family together. Great job with her.

Oh, and Rosalie and Edward and the rest of the chapter was good too, of course ;-) Esme just really stuck out, maybe because I haven't seen much of her in fanfic. But yeah, I think you're doing an excellent job of letting us into Rosalie's head. It's easy to read BD, from Jake's POV, and walk away thinking that Rosalie could care less about Bella dying. But I think you're right... it's not that she doesn't care about Bella. (Even if Bella is 'irritating in ways that only seem apparent to Rosalie' :-) lol, good way to put it.) There probably is a bond forming between the two of them. Like I think you said a few chapters ago, for once, Rosalie actually understands why Bella's doing something. Understanding people makes it a whole lot easier to... identify with them and care about them, I guess. But at the same time, if Bella doesn't survive, Rosalie could handle that. *deep sigh of satisfaction* Ah, I love character analysis. :-) And I love that your stories have such great, complex characters. Keep it up!

Rachel
LunaPuff chapter 8 . 10/11/2008
I love seeing the similarities between Rosalie and Esme. Bella, too. This is such a wonderful story, and it's making me actually like Rosalie.
262 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »