Reviews for Desperate
Blood on a Rose chapter 7 . 2/21/2009
Ok, now I'm really kind of ticked at Rose, because she's taking the role that Edward should be in. It should be him holding Bella's hair while she has morning sickness-not Rose. She's taking away the bonding experience that Edward and Bella are entitled to, even though I know she's just doing it to protect the baby. But she's still just trying to protect the baby, not Bella-the baby. She's treating Bella like an incubater, and I hate when people are all falsely sweet just to get what they want .
Blood on a Rose chapter 6 . 2/21/2009
Now I kind of feel sorry for Bella, because she's being all nice and defending Rosalie, when Rose just wants to keep the baby safe. Rose is really very shallow, as I already knew, but I'm hoping maybe she'll turn around a little bit later on, even though it doesn't appear that way in BD. I can't wait to read the next chapter! :]
Blood on a Rose chapter 5 . 2/21/2009
Aw, that kind of sucks that Emmett doesn't really want kids. I mean, he doesn't seem like the fatherly type, even if I personally think he would be an OK father, but it does gain him some points back that he wants to make Rose happy, and so he kind of wants kids, too. He might just be saying he doesn't want them, though, because there's a popular saying that women are mothers before they even conceive, but men aren't fathers until the baby is born. I think it does have to do with what you were writing about in the last chapter-the change, and whatnot. It's more real for women, because they're the ones carrying the baby inside of them, and they get to feel the life firsthand.
Blood on a Rose chapter 4 . 2/21/2009
I can't help but feel sorry for Rosalie, even if she IS being selfish and kind of a jerk, but she DOES have reason to be so desperate. I wonder how the whole story would've gone if Rose wasn't so determined to keep Nessie alive. I think SM knew about Nessie all along, though, so maybe Rose's personality kind of came about more after SM realized that she would be a key character in keeping the baby alive.
Blood on a Rose chapter 3 . 2/21/2009
Ah, tension! So, Rosalie thinks Bella /wants/ to kill the baby? I mean, I know Rose thinks that nobody can possibly want a baby as much as she does, but Bella isn't /that/ cold. I can't wait to see what unfolds! Onto the next chapter...
Blood on a Rose chapter 2 . 2/21/2009
First off, this story is really sad so far! haha. But I really like it, and I can completely see all of this happening to both of them. It's kind of making me see BD in a different light, because I'm thinking more about how lucky Bella really is to have Nessie, even if it was wish fulfillment on Stephenie's part. But I think it would've been too tragic a story for SM if Bella had turned out to be like Rosalie after being turned. I don't think Bella had seriously even thought of children before she had Nessie, because she only wanted Edward, and she thought that they could never have children. It's kind of funny to me sometimes how people don't realize how big a part a child can play in someone's life.
Blood on a Rose chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Aw, the scrapbook was so sad! I can see Rose doing that, though, because it's like when she scrapbooks, she can get away from the reality that she'll never have kids, and the pain fades a little. It was really quite sad, too, that she had names and personalities for all of them.
Juliejuliejulie chapter 15 . 2/21/2009
Fabulous chapter!
nia-ox chapter 15 . 2/21/2009
Wow. Long chapter. And lots of thinks to think about.

I really..don't like this chapter. I've nothing against your writing - no, in fact the writing is amazing, which is probably why it makes it so hard to like this chapter. I think it's because Rosalie's starting to...make it clearer. Maybe not intentionally, and maybe it's just me noticing it, but it seems like she's entertaining the notion, more and more, of Bella dying and her becoming the mother.

I'm writing this while reading the chapter, because some things hit me so quickly that I have to explain them to you.

It seemed to be so obvious to me...throughout the entire chapter, but especially in some places. "Even Rosalie was only thinking about holding the baby for the first time." I bet Rosalie isn't thinking about holding the baby for the first time by Bella's side, I don't think she's thinking about holding her niece or nephew. I think she's thinking about holding her son, or holding her daughter. Bella dies, Edward kills himself...Emmett, baby and Rosalie, happy families!

Usually, passages like this - "She’d never had those thoughts, never wondered if she would be a good mother. Did that mean that she couldn’t be a mother, not even if Bella died? Would she suddenly find out that her instincts for motherhood had never matched her desire?" - make me feel sorry for Rosalie, drag some sympathy for her out of me.

But...I just can't. Bella's dying, and all she wants is the baby. I want to go back to my previous mindset, but I can't, because I see how it is now. How Rosalie's been justifying that taboo hope she has that Bella will die. "Of course, Bella had never asked Rosalie to help her keep her life. Bella had only asked Rosalie to keep the baby safe, and that was what Rosalie was going to do." A loophole. A loophole that you'd only be able to see if you *really* looked for it. If you really wanted to see it. If you wanted it enough.

"“Yeah. She understands that you’re going to die and she doesn’t care, s’long as she gets her mutant spawn out of the deal.” This time, Rosalie didn’t bother his comment with a response. In some ways, he was right. He was right enough so that Rosalie couldn’t really argue with it, but that didn’t matter anymore. The only person it mattered to was fine with Rosalie, thoughts included. Baby first, Bella second. Rosalie would just do her best to keep the both of them alive." She's lying. I'm just guessing...but I feel it. She's lying to herself. "Rosalie would just do her best to keep both of them alive." No, she wouldn't. She's not actually thinking, not really imagining the pain she's going to have to go through when that baby comes out and Bella lives.

She's not thinking about seeing the daughter/son she has been waiting for all this time - such a long time, somehow, even though she has forever and this is the quickest pregnancy ever - loves to another mother. Smiles at another father. Goes to another mother when she needs advice, when she needs love. Learns to walk from another father. She's not thinking, she's not thinking about it at all. And when she realises it...she'll know. She'll know it's Bella dies, end of story. Bella just can't live, not if she wants to be happy. If Bella's heart hadn't stopped on its own (and Rosalie left under the impression that Bella wouldn't be coming back for the baby) then Rosalie would have killed her herself. She doesn't want to entertain the notion of killing someone she's come to love, even if it's just for those moments of friendship, or just for being a vessel. She doesn't want to think of the act of monstrosity. Even though she'd do it. What's one act of evil compared to eternal happiness? Eternal motherhood?

I mean, she really is trying. "Sometimes hope was better than despair." She really is hoping that Bella won't die. But it's only because she's blind or as good as it. The actual birth doesn't seem to me imminent just yet... so why think about these things? Why think about what she's going to have to do? Yes, she's trying. She's trying not to think about what, in her heart of hearts, she wishes would happen. She's trying to convince herself, obviously. Maybe hope that the thoughts will go away. "Couldn’t he see that she was going to be fine?"

Again, Rosalie is possessive. "Bella didn’t belong to him, and she never would." Maybe that's another reason she doesn't want to entertain the notion of having to kill Bella. Because she still sees her as hers, a daughter, a child, a sister. Maybe a surrogate.

And now I've come to the end of the chapter. Wow...that happened fast. Still, I'm left with that feeling of distaste, that feeling of hurt inside me. But if it weren't for that, if I was unable to feel negative emotions, then this chapter would mean nothing to me. But...if I could really deal with all of this I'm feeling because of your story, I'd say this is my favourite chapter. Yes, it's my favourite chapter for pain.

I'm so glad you're back. Yes, I would be interested in the Emmett oneshot - I love Emmett! Thank you for the chapter.
Beautiful Nani chapter 15 . 2/20/2009
Iam happy to see a new chapter up! Thanks :) It was great!
Lesliemac531 chapter 15 . 2/20/2009
Excellent chapter! Update soon!
JuseaPeterson chapter 15 . 2/20/2009
I was wondering when you'd be able to get another chapter up, but seeing this one I know now why, that and I'm sure life. :)

If you were to write that Emmett one I would read it, it sounds interesting. And reading anything from Emmett's mind should have a 'Enter At Your Own Risk' sign you know?

Anyways, I hope all is going well with you. Now onto the chapter.

That was amazing, not that the rest of the story hasn't been amazing. You could feel the difference in reading this chapter versus the other ones, the difference was that you could feel the hope, great job with that.

I love how you incorporated all of this into one chapter. I love how you had Rose's continued distaste and hate for Jacob in there, the way you described it was really well and interesting, I found myself feeling bad that Jacob did smell that way until I remembered that it's only to vampires.

Rosalie's thoughts were so good in here. I love how Rosalie contemplates still on her motives but remembering that she needs to focus on the baby before Bella, but not wanting Bella dead. I really liked the part where Rosalie was commenting about Edward trespassing in her thoughts.

I think you did a great job at getting the Rosalie and Edward relationship, not only in Breaking Dawn at this point but also in showing that there was more to it than that.

I loved her reaction when Bella stuck up for Rose to Jacob.

You really got down the desire that Jacob sees that Rosalie has, but I love how you show in her mind all the thoughts behind it, because it does make sense on why she's thinking what she's thinking. And I love how it's not always the most perfect thoughts.

I thought it was very interesting how you had her thoughts about how Jacob looks at Bella, and then the bed thing and the small exchange between Edward and Rose about it.

I love the duel conversation at the beginning between Esme/Bella and Carlisle/Edward/Jacob/Rosalie.

I love this chapter, you did such a great job with the characters, Rosalie's thoughts, the relationships. Amazing job as usual.
Iyeshana chapter 15 . 2/20/2009
I think you did well with this chapter. It was well written and I didn't notice any mistakes. It also stayed very well canon to BD.

I enjoyed some of the humorous moments as well as the more serious ones. Glad to see you're back to writing this :)
LunaPuff chapter 15 . 2/20/2009
This is one of my favorite scenes in Breaking Dawn, and I love how we get to see more of it from your story. It certainly was long, and very enjoyable. I'm excited to read the next chapter!
BRsWife527 chapter 14 . 2/3/2009
This made me see Rosalie in a different light. Thank you for letting her speak to us )
262 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »