Reviews for Alternative
...In Death Note, Light replaced L when L died. Here, it's reversed - on February 28, L replaces Light.

Gosh, I love this.
I think it's funny how in the anime Light took L's place and how L seems to try being Light in this. Kind of swapping places in a way.
Consulting Shippers chapter 3 . 12/6/2014
This was a really lovely fanfic. Although I think I prefer Light's POV compare to the other's. This writing style is brilliant and it makes me want to write a fic like this. Just really good!
humanly human chapter 3 . 10/28/2014
the way L uses Light's name reminds me of the way he used Beyond Birthday's alias: Ryuzaki.

Well, those two has (had?) emotional ties to The Great Detective, afterall.

The fact that he didn't visit anyone (or so he said... in his head) means he knows that Light was dead. Were the Death Note papers a gift from L? (likely). Or Ryuk just stole it?
Laura chapter 3 . 8/28/2014
Outstanding as always, SP. I wonder if the ending symbolizes Light leaving captivity once and for all?

I hope you're doing well wherever you are. You certainly come across as an ingenious writer to me.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
this was so beautiful...and i died a little inside.
semexx chapter 3 . 4/14/2014
So, Light managed to break L, too, in the end? This story was incredibly depressing and my eyes are all puffed up. Good work.
FlowerPrincessoftheUniverse chapter 3 . 2/24/2014
I didn't understand the end...please explain?
Gamma Cavy chapter 3 . 2/8/2014
the last part is confusing but it is all interesting.
Guest chapter 3 . 12/28/2013
This is heart achingly beautiful. I'm sure you get this a lot, but right now, I'm holding back tears. Your writing is brilliant. And captivating. And mesmerising. I feel like you just tore my heart out with a rusty spoon.

I don't suppose you'd have a sudden change of heart and write another chapter ey? . You haven't been active on this site for quite a while, it appears. I hope life's brilliant for you. Maybe one day you'll get a spark of interest for death note and write something again. One could always hope.

Now if you'd excuse me, I need to fetch another box of tissues to drown my sorrows into.
BackwardsHazard chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
Like I've said before. You have an amazing world view. To have these characters, so broken, so monstrous, so utterly in character... that takes a certain type of person who I can only say is one of a kind.

Right now I'm sitting here, tears at the corners of my eyes and this feeling of... emptiness, like something I had is now gone... and it's... it's -not good, but at the same time... not bad- A void would be the correct words for it. Like that moment right before true darkness when light finally fades. Twilight, or something more profound. The coming and goings, the end of all things. The bittersweet end of the great game, played between two chess masters who are so alike yet complete opposites in every way. The game didn't end the way the two wanted but it ended nevertheless.

And the final paragraph, the final line as if you see the entirety of the situation settle into place; Where you can see the entire persona of Light fall into place on L's face; where you see the resigned acceptance of someone who is both broken and warped by his polar opposite and binary partner.

Perfect, melancholy. Like the long, slow burn before the Carona that those two orbited finally burns out and dies. Not a supernova like in canon but a quiet death, a death by entropy. Light dies, symbolic of the light that filled the lives of those affected. To honor, remember and forever curse that end, L's Paradigm shifted. L unto Light, Light unto L.

Emptiness unto emptiness.
Crimefire chapter 3 . 9/29/2013
Breathtaking.
WorkingOnItNow chapter 3 . 9/8/2013
Oh. My. Freaking. God. That was brilliant in every sense of the word. How L takes on Light's identity in the end is very interesting. This story makes me so torn about what to think about Light. Is Kira Light? Or is he the intoxicating power of the Death Note? Is Light evil? Is Kira evil? Is L wrong for putting Light in an asylum? I don't know anymore. This was amazing, I loved it.
G0ldThrone chapter 3 . 8/6/2013
Oh fuck the ending was just perfect.
Sentio Infermum chapter 3 . 5/29/2013
Dear lord, that was beautiful. That was the first piece of writing I've read in a long time that literally took my breath away, published work included. I actually had to pause halfway through and just take a deep breath because that was incredibly moving. You can just feel the raw emotion in it. Thank you so much for writing this... It'd be on my favorites list in a heartbeat if I hadn't already favorited two of your fanfics today. XD I feel like there should be a two-story limit per author, so I'll just favorite you as an author instead.

Gosh, it's moments like this where I remember there really are some amazing people in the world. Thanks again for being one of them.