Reviews for Fire
Eryndil chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Wonderful writing, perfect style and tone for the subject matter. I don't usually read much of the stories without Mick but this is compelling.
nightcap chapter 10 . 9/23/2008
Oh! How terribly sad! I thought Maria was more accepting of him.

I was telling someone about this story and describing the amazing writing you've done. In retelling it I realized, again, how your descriptions are so vivid. You place us there in the middle of the burning town.

Great chapter.
kathleen chapter 10 . 9/21/2008
Loved this story. Please continue with another installment of joseph's life. I can hardly wait!
SciFiRN chapter 10 . 9/21/2008
Very nicely done and you left poor Josef heartbroken. Poor guy, he never gets a break.
moonjat54 chapter 10 . 9/21/2008
It is so sad that Josef lost her to her fear. But he knows he did the only thing he could do to save her and himself. I'm glad he was able to stop the killings but I would assume that London lost it's appeal for Josef.
Vampire Reader chapter 10 . 9/21/2008
I read this a few months back. It's still wonderful. I don't know if you made any changes, but this last scene is so haunting and sad. Josef has suffered so much, no wonder he tends to take human life so lightly these days. Getting involved only hurts.
clairlz chapter 10 . 9/21/2008
Stupid woman.
nightcap chapter 9 . 9/19/2008
Oh no! He's found Josef's weak spot.

Your description of the fire in the city was superb! I could practically smell the smoke! Excellent! Excellent!
SciFiRN chapter 9 . 9/19/2008
Oh what will Josef do? Once again you've done a great job.
moonjat54 chapter 9 . 9/19/2008
Oh dear, with Mary taken Josef will have to jump to someone else's tune. This is not good. I hope he can outsmart his advisary and rescue Mary. She needs to see that all vampires are not monsters.
nightcap chapter 8 . 9/15/2008
The words you use are delectable. I love how they sound and fit. Miasma was one that stood out for me but there were, of course, others.

What atrocities Josef has lived through. It would make you tired after all those years I would think. His present day friendship with Mick must seem to be quite a respite in his long life.

Great chapter!
nightcap chapter 7 . 9/15/2008
What a wonderful idea for a play. It works so well. It's your story and I choose not to sue you over your choice. Not that I would have known if you hadn't said anything to start with. ;-)

So...London is burning? This would seem to be a bad thing.

And will Maria be as brave as Josef would like her to be?

I anxiously await the next installment.
moonjat54 chapter 8 . 9/15/2008
I am still enjoying your lesson in English history. Live for Josef has become very complicated. You have made me mourn Betty and those who touched Josef's life on a small scale. Very good story telling. Thanks.
SciFiRN chapter 8 . 9/15/2008
I am patiently, as patiently as possible anyway, awaiting the next chapter...
moonjat54 chapter 7 . 9/14/2008
Intense chapter. Will she reject him or will she harm him? I love the history to the story and I worry that Josef will come out of this jaded against love.