Reviews for Perfect World
Gaby Black chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
I was excited to see what you were going to do with my favourite characters.

I loved their different reactions to Lily's pregnancy - how Peter is embarrassed and Sirius teases her, and Remus tries to cheer her up.

“He’d better not be. How can you call a girl Sirius?” he demands.

He he this made me laugh; that's so Sirius.

I really liked the image of the snow globe and the general atmosphere you created. This was a lovely piece, Katy, and I think you did really great for your first time writing Lily, and second time for the Marauders.

- Gaby
respitechristopher chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Ah, a Lily with a sense of humor. How wonderful. The allegory of the snow globe was well done, and the foreshadowing was perfect - leaving it up to the canon your readers already know.

Your Sirius has great energy, and seems quite well behaved. The interplay between the boys came off nicely. I enjoyed this opening, and it looks as though you've got a wonderful little story brewing here. Looking forward to more.

-Christopher
JustKeepOnTheGrass chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
beautiful. in such a simple way D
Dodger Gilmore chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Wow. If I didn't already know it, I'd never guess you haven't spent your whole life writing Lily and the Marauders. Really. This just feels so - right! Of course it's wonderfully well-written (as all your pieces are), but it also has this wonderful feeling of hope in the midst of all they're going through - despite what we know is going to happen to all of them (well, except the unborn baby). I love that they guys build snowmen, and her wish for her child to grow up in a world when he's allowed that kind of peace, always. I love Remus for giving her the snow globe. I love the Marauders' banter. I love it all, basically. And I do hope you'll write more of the Marauders in the future!
GodessSiri chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
::Snerk:: Lily puking on Sirius' shoes. I can so imagine Sirius taking that joke too far and paying for it. The second to last line is so poingant - he will know it, he'll just have to fight for it first.
MBP chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Katy, how do you do this to me every time? I hope you start writing the Marauders as much as you love to write the Weasleys because you're BRILLIANT at it. I love the "perfect world" even though it put a lump in my throat. They should've had so much more time together for this...

Are you continuing this, or was it a one-shot? I vote for more. ;)
Miss Bliss03 chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Poor Lily, if only she knew the price she would pay for Harry to have a semi fun childhood Oh well she did it willingly, Awesome job btw this was a great portrayal of Lily eapecially for your first time!
little0bird chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
A perfect little world with underlying pensiveness in the person of Lily.

I really liked that, how she's thinking about the outside world, while the boys are playing. Being boys while they can.
NellieNotMolly chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Reading about Lily's perfect little world "insulated from the world outside by the curtains, the lamplight and their friendship" feels warm and cozy. (It is actually a dark & stormy night right now where I live, so that is appreciated.) I love the touches of Gryffindor scarlet throughout, too. They add to the warmth somehow. Also liked "Siria." ha

I am glad Lily threw up on Sirius' shoes! Funny! He seems to need to be taken down a peg once in a while! :-)

I have not read a lot of Marauders stuff, but this feels right to me.
By Another Name chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
What a nice afternoon!

I think you have Lily pretty good in this one.
laura-csm chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Beautiful. You wrote Lily really well, and I loved the details and visuals. Haha, Sirius Remus Peter. Typical Sirius, eh?
Anomalous Anonymous chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
That was lovely, really. I loved it! The snow globe metaphor was really wonderful, as was Lily's hope that Harry would have a perfect world. Excellent job!
Romance and Musicals chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
That was really good. Sweet and sad at the same time.
Only-A-Minor-Threat chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Aw, this was so cute! I love the Marauders Lily, ) You keep posting all these new stories and updating and you just have all the time in the world to write! Pretty awesome! (I'm taking all these honors classes and am bombarded with hw and I have no time to write at all! I want to update WI so bad but I have NO TIME! I hate school (

But anybays, great story, I loved it.
alix33 chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
"Lily feels relentlessly sick, all day every day," - Poor Lily! My mom was like that too, through all three her pregnancies and you should hear my mom's language on the term 'morning sickness'! LOL

"Peter is faintly embarrassed around her, as if pregnancy is some weird female complaint he should do his best to ignore." - If I were him I would be more than blinking embarrassed; I would be rigid with mortification at the spineless traitor I'm about to become!

"(Although he is more wary of this than he was since he suggested ice cream and ketchup as a nice Christmas Eve snack, and she threw up all over his shoes.)" - I bet he laughed his head off once he got over the shock of that.

"“Quite.” Sirius is adamant." - Did you by any chance mean for Sirius to say 'Quiet'?

This was a cute little ficlet. My very many heartiest congratulations on your first writing (and successful portrayal) of Lily!
60 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4