Reviews for The Names We Call Ourselves
CassandraD chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
very cool.
Mantinas chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
Good story; really interesting.
Joelle Hart chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
I generally don't like HB/John as a pairing, but... wow. That was really well-written. Like poetry almost, in the evocative and economical use of language. Well done! My favorite line is "Only an incompetent cushion can't break a fall" - but I like Abe's segment the best, because it contains a surprising and touching insight into the character that could even apply to canon, not just this fic.
ShadowChild Of Death chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
That was an amazing read. It was wonderful to enjoy even if it was sad.
TresMaxwell chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
This is a very interesting little snippet. I like the play of words in what they call themselves and how they view the others. I really didn't see any particular problems with your writing, but there were a few details that you may have overlooked (like the fact that HB doesn't have a window in his room). Otherwise, I like this one. I'm off to read the sequel.
epalladino chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
This is an absolutely beautiful series of emotionally painful introspectives. I don't want this story to be completely-I want more. It's beautiful just the way it is, but I would love to see how Kit would get these poor souls out of their emotional dilemmas.

Thanks for posting this, Beth
Cold-Creature chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
Nice... It's almost artistic, each character dwelling on what they think of themselves... 'sayings' that apply to them...

I like it...

*steals John's ducati* MINE! XD *snort* I love Ducati! LOVE!
dc4168 chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
This is so nice. I too have had the same feelings that the characters express here. I am always amazed how hard a lot of the writers on here are on their material. Many of you are just so talented and you really should work on and share your talent.
igbogal chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
I'm sorry that Kit had a bad day, and I hope today was better. Talented writers shouldn't have bad days - it should be a law or something. Anyway, these one-shots were no less than fantastic. The desires, despair, and insecurity of each character was visceral, and their thoughts gave them more dimension. I liked that Liz wasn't jealous of John, it made her seem more mature. Abe's bit was heartbreaking, but in a good way. He really is the freakiest of the three, so it makes sense that he'd be hard on himself...I also liked the insight that battles can't be won without tacticians. Overall, a fine job!
Peya Luna chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
what an angst-feast...i like liz and especially abes pov
Canadian Chucky chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
Different. :) heh.

Btw, How the heck am I supposed to flame/chat/discuss if your profile has the messaging section turned off? :) Do you read minds? Btw, shouldn't you be writing Chuck? nudge. push. poke. :)
HappyEmo666 chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
This story was great! I loved the way it explored the characters fears and insecurity of their weaknesses!

I felt bad for Abe and John the most, I noticed their flaws earlier on the movies/comics and kept that in my head for a while.

I was kind of dissapointed that the fic didn't explore into the other characters (Clay, Manning, 'Suit' as I call him), since the story seems to be about the fear of not being useful to others.

But the ending for Abe was great, 'Abe shook his head sadly and swam away from the glass. Only weaklings didn’t know how to use their knowledge as power' It took my breath away!

This is so going to be added into my Favorites List, it deserves more reviews then this! Kit, your writing style is great!

Keep it up and have a good day!
Andi-1990 chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Oh my gosh... I love your story, even if it is driving me crazy where you left off, it's still great! Is that it or will there be more? Please let me know and I hope you have a good day :)
agentwhite chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
of corse i am reviewing. nice work now that was a good one. and it could be added onto. and i bet that would be great. good job kit. way to go.