Reviews for Balance
Ryuus2 chapter 3 . 10/14/2012
So, in gaining the full powers of Courage, Wisdom, and Power, Ganondorf finally learns how cowardly, foolish, and weak he truly was. That is some kind of cosmic irony right there.

Keep up the great work!
HeWhoDestroysAll chapter 3 . 3/28/2012
Reading this story reminded me of fallout a bit(war never changes) and I also got a life goes on goes on kind of vibe.

Story feels more akin to real life in that the crafty or powerful wins and life just goes on.

Very nice
Lord Siravant chapter 3 . 7/13/2011
I wouldn't mind living under Ganondorf's rule, if he managed to find balance. Nice take on how he would be if he got all three pieces.
The Light's Refrain chapter 3 . 2/2/2010
This is interesting, and in a way it makes sense. Ganondorf doesn't become a "good guy", but he still makes a good ruler because he is no longer drunk on power and can now run things logically. His control of his emotions helps with this. He's not ideal, but he's effective.

Other than being slightly redundant on the "no longer pure sadist evil" part, this is done well. (though I understand why you would repeat so much, since this is an odd concept and you want to make sure it was understood)
Laih too lazy to sign in chapter 3 . 8/11/2009
Man, I always love your psychological pieces, and the fact that you choose to portray characters beyond their stereotype. The idea that the triforce is balance.. man that's so cool! You know I totally dig the worldbuilding stuff. Great job, keep up the good work!
Seldavia chapter 3 . 9/22/2008
Reading this reminds me of Wind Waker and what a horrible crime it was for Daphnes to destroy Hyrule. Even if Ganondorf had taken over (and he's a lot less evil in that game than he is in your story), it would still exist, and there would be a chance that gaining the Triforce would actually balance him out to some degree.

Sometimes, Good doesn't triumph over Evil, but that doesn't mean the world ends. Doubtless Ganondorf will either eventually die or be dethroned, and the cycle will begin again.

Bottom line: the story was brutal yet beautiful.
BCandTheSundaceK chapter 3 . 9/6/2008
I really like this dark entry to the 'What If' Universe of the Legend of Zelda. The word choice you employed was done to a degree that I hope to aspire to. I especially liked the titles of the chapters. It was a fun quick read that kept me entertained. Keep up the good work.
Flyerec chapter 3 . 8/30/2008
Very good idea you have here. You’ve given Ganondorf a sort of Machiavellian twist that works well. If I might be so bold, to take your writing to the next level try to show more and tell less. What I mean is instead of telling us that Ganondorf has changed, show us with a conversation or event. It also helps to cut down on repetition, you can say it in exposition and then demonstrate it with dialog or thinking or events.

Anyway a good read and thanks for the kind words in your review.
Lilithisbitter chapter 3 . 8/29/2008
This is what I like about your stuff, that it's gory and pulls no punches. After all, this is the King of Evil. And you gave him a transformation that turned him into a powerful ruler who was able to rule though logic and courage. Maybe we need the triforce in the real world, neh? I hope to see you keep on working and polishing your craft with longer chapters since you have what it takes to keep readers hooked.