Reviews for L'étranger Éclairé Par la Lune
ajani's apprentice chapter 1 . 6/5
Okay, awesome story. And I love how you wrote Mewtwo.
Mikaufan101 chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Incredible. Just... wow.
R chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Possibly the best fanfic i've ever read.
OverlordXela chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
Very pretty and well written. Mewtwo's portrayal was convincing, and the description was vivid, as though I was there myself. It's nice to see Mewtwo in a benevolent role, as opposed to the megalomaniac he very nearly was in the movie. It also underlines very well the important lesson he learned from AmberTwo;

- "You are alive, and life is wonderful." -,

the full meaning of which was so cruelly stolen from him before it could have a positive effect on his development.

watch?vKg4ko9zMzhY
iscreamdrizzle chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
..is too lazy to log in, but please don't be insulted :)

The style you used is quite effective. Offsetting the story with italics and then the story within the story is in regular font...You pull off Mewtwo's personality well, and handle a delicate subject-suicide without stumbling. Instead of over the top angst, I had a light-hearted feeling at the end.
Meriah chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
Brilliant story. It was a haunting read, yet cast a glimmer of hope. This is the first time I've come across a fanfic where Mewtwo ultimately saves someone from suicide, and you pulled the action off perfectly: You kept him apathetic and logical, and made him state why it is worth living.

My favorite Pokemon fanfics have always been ones which can relate to real life. This is such an example. I'm happy to know that Kevin, despite all the trauma he has suffered, had the strength to continue going forth and to seek help.

What I found best about this piece, though, was that Kevin went on to become a father. Years before he struggled with alcoholism and suicidal ideation, and yet cleaned up it seems - enough to take his newborn daughter to that special place where his "apathetic angel" saved him. Rather than give in, he brought new life to the world.

Great work )
The-world-needs-peace chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
That was... wow.

I have not read this story until just now, and I have to say I am amazed.

It really does come down to one's own decision, doesn't it? Mewtwo's cynical wisdom really does have it's perks at times. Anyone can save a life. Just depends on being at the right place at the right time. I can't help but wonder how emotional you got writing it, I can only imagine.

Still, the play out was just so... followable, easy to see and believe. (You know, in a world where Pokemon actually exist) Just here a great example of opportunities found where they were once lost. If only more people had a guide like Mewtwo, how much less pain would there be? And some people even have better chances than Kevin did. And look at the gift he gave society as a benefit. I'm positive Luna grew up to be a beautiful and wonderful woman, what with the lingering presence in her background. Bravo.
Gorsecloud chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
Excuse me. I need to share a funny story. Or at least a story I find as funny.

I saw this story a week or so ago, and clicked on it and read it, all while failing to notice who the author had been. I finished and I was like "That was good. As was the portrayal of Mewtwo. Aeris would have liked it."

By the time I realized I should have gone back and added it to my favorite stories and such, I'd lost track of it. Now I find it again, and given the WAY that I found it (on your profile), I discovered that the author was the very person I thought would enjoy it.

This is one of those moments where I laugh and bang my head on a wall at my own... harebrained moves.

Anyway. REALLY REALLY good job. Definitely my favorite of the Mewtwo shorts that I've read so far. *thumbs up*
TheWritingMustache chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
I have to admit that was pretty cute. I liked it. And don't worry Aeris, my little Cindy boy and I are wrokin on his life story. I didn't really like the first chapter, it was too short and rushed I thought. Kind of the same with my Rouges. May be a while to actually start a new story with school and all. So, if you could like...give me any tips to escape my writers bloc that'd be great cause your the best!
tracefan chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
Wow...just...wow. That was excellent. Extremely well written and interesting. I loved it.
Tomoyo Kinomoto chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
*laugh* Sweet! I'm glad it all worked out for Kevin. Strange that Mewtwo would have stayed in the same place for so long, though. I wonder what'll happen to Luna?
Tsaukpaetra chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
This was very good, I think. Altogether very realistic, in character, and believable. And you even included a powerful (not to mention meaningful) message as well! :)

How coincidental is it that Kevin named his daughter Luna? :) I guess life-deciding events have a way of making themselves persist, huh?

Glad to see you're still alive :)
WiseAbsol chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
Alright, first, sorry for not leaving a review sooner. I know you wanted one, but I was being a stressed brat (sighs).

First...very nice little muse at the beginning. There ARE gods of the moon, I'll have you know...they just aren't very common. Anyhow...cool description of the moonlight across his fur...

Neat conversation...I like. Mewtwo's just so...prude, in character, and I keep having to remind myself of how he acts. It's nice to have a check against OCC nature, ;). I like it how the guy paled when Mewtwo told him to choose to live...very nice.

And the end...(nods)...fitting. A nice way to wrap it up, with the daughter named after the moon. You've done some good work here, Aeris.

Well, thanks for the read. See ya'.

~ Abby
Mai-danishgirl chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
Quite a story, you have a wonderful way of writing Mewtwo.

And I can't help loving the fact that the guy compares Mewtwo to a shrink, even though being rather blunt, he does act like one.
Rizu Komesu chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
I like it a lot. The metaphor involving the moon's gender was funny when he thought about how a male could never pull it off because of the grace and beauty the moon holds.

And how Mewtwo simply listened and how blunt he was, perfectly in character with his combined curiousity and wisdom in this person's life. I have to say that the imagery, the plot, the man and Mewtwo... All exquisitely done. Great work Aeris!

Hope to see more from you soon!