Reviews for Two Faces
Verozexistente chapter 13 . 9/29/2013
This is a very well written story! I love the dark theme and the amazing twist on Rachel's character. Good job.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 12 . 6/9/2013
Hoo boy…
Now THAT is twisted, to say the least.
From the beginning, you created a vivid image of how things could have gone if Rachel had been the one to be saved instead of Dent, beginning with Dent’s initial breakdown after overhearing Rachel’s reaction to Batman’s arrival- it’s not like we haven’t had evidence that Dent was at least close to the edge even before the accident that made him Two-Face-, and progressing from there to explore how events are affected as Bruce’s greater attention to Rachel compared to how close an eye he would have kept on Harvey pushes Gotham closer and closer to the edge without Batman able to make the larger-scale decisions he made in the original course of events.
Rachel’s subsequent fall from grace is also well-explored, her frustration and loathing of the Joker and the ‘system’ that created him matched by her ‘belief’ that Bruce has proven himself a failure simply because he won’t kill, perceiving the fire as stripping her of her illusions rather than recognising that it took her hope, to say nothing of her justifying her attempts to essentially whore herself off to Bruce just so that he’ll commit murder (She was sleeping with a man she didn’t feel anything but hatred for to get something else out of it; sounds like a whore to me).
Of course, it’s the moment when she kills Ramirez that really shows she’s lost it; her lack of concern for collateral damage was questionable but potentially tolerable- she was in a dangerous profession in a dangerous city-, but brutally murdering a woman whose only true crime was wanting to help her sick mother?
The revelation of her ‘Two-Face’ was also effective, exploring how she came up with and how it differed from Dent’s usual attire, and you’re also to be commended for your exploration of how Batman coped with the challenge, holding on to his principles and refusing to take the easy way out even as everyone else around him is not only arguing in favour of it but giving him an ever-escalating list of reasons to go along with it…
However, the part that really makes the story for me is the final confrontation, when Batman rallies himself to move past his failures despite facing the ‘evidence’ of them as he confronts both masterminds simultaneously; his opponents might have fallen from their former standards and be willing to do everything they once stood against, but Batman still holds on to what he believes in even when the person who first reminded him of that lesson has forsaken it….
Tragic conclusion, of course, but with a set of events like this, there was no way it was ever going to end on a positive note, and at least the big secret is still safe even if so much has gone wrong.
So… with things left the way they are, any chance of a sequel looking at Bane attacking this new Gotham?
lonni chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
Just one thing - I'm not sure about Rachel being hurt. The only reason Dent becomes two faces is that he falls down in the gasoline, and Rachel doesn't. I don't see any reason why she should be the one who gets her face partly burnt.
I'm A Fluffy Panda chapter 12 . 11/4/2012
OMG! Story is awesome!
tyler chapter 12 . 9/14/2012
i liked your story until the last two chapters bringing back Dent and the story worked better without them. the drama between Rachel and Bruce felt more compelling. i was hoping for a different kind of resolution to the relationship felt like the ending rushed it by bringing back Harvey and the merc angle. I keep think of the scene in Batman Returns with Catwoman where he says they can go home together.

that being said it was still great work on the Rachel as a two-face character. having everything go pear shaped for batman was also a new idea as far as i have seen.
Theodore Hawkwood chapter 12 . 9/9/2012
Nice fanfic, man. I like this AU version of how Two-Face came to be. I wonder if there will be a follow up to this one. It certainly sounds like it.
klnadB'AFKNWE chapter 12 . 9/9/2012
Oh my that was just heartbreakingly amazing! What a perfect way to end a perfect story. I just wanna thank you for writing this amazing story, I loved every second of reading it 3
klnadB'AFKNWE chapter 11 . 9/9/2012
Oh my God! This is so amazing and Harvey! I'm so sad that the next chapter is coming up and I'm scared to read it because I don't want it to end :O Gahh 3 Just so much love.
klnadB'AFKNWE chapter 10 . 9/1/2012
Wow. Just wow. This is amazing! I have no words to justify how much I love this story so I'll just say I love it and I really hope you update soon 3
klnadB'AFKNWE chapter 9 . 8/9/2012
What can I say, I loved it! .Perfect. I can't wait to see where this goes!
Guest chapter 8 . 8/4/2012
wonderful story i love the idea of what would happen if it was Rachel who was saved and turning her into a "two face" character is very original cant wait to see more do hope she survives the story unlike Harvey in the movie
klnadB'AFKNWE chapter 8 . 7/22/2012
Love it! :D SO glad you updated!
tyler chapter 5 . 7/21/2012
great chapter this is a great what if story hope it gets finished
HeroesFan3 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
This is a good twist on how it could've happened. You have a great imagination. I can picture how this could have made the movie different. Good job.
rhpsdeadzonefan chapter 7 . 9/18/2010
I'm really enjoying this story, first and foremost and I'm glad to see you're updating it again! :) I also really like that Rachel is still having some remorse. I'd kind of like to see more of that. That said, I know that you're following the Two Face origin but with Rachel and in Nolan!verse, Two Face's time is way too short to show this, but in the comics, there are two pretty distinct personalities at work. I would love to see more of that with this - especially the angst Rachel would have to go through with committing these deeds and having these thoughts. She is, after all, the person that convinced Bruce that killing wasn't the way. And Bruce has said that Rachel's his oldest friend - despite everything, wouldn't he see that something was still horribly wrong with her mentally?

This is all meant as constructive criticism and certainly not flaming, so please don't get me wrong. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the story and the basic idea behind it and I can't wait for you to update again!

And I'm a total Harvey fangirl, so I'm a sucker for Harvey/Rachel angst too. ;)