Reviews for Fly Away Home
Annie chapter 1 . 8/15/2014
I've loved this fic for years. You've written Tessa perfectly, competent, intelligent, and loving without being a doormat. All of the relationships are believable and mature. I'm so glad to have found this again!
Sholio chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Oh, this was really lovely. What a fantastic idea! :)
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
I liked the story. The idea of Methos/Tessa relationship is very believable.
vemptily chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
Oh, this was a neat story! The premise sounded like it might be silly, but it was so lovely, I'm so glad I read it. Thanks for sharing!
elistaire chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
This was gorgeous. I loved the flow of it, and the humor, and that Tessa was so full of life, and clever and talented.
Lawrence520dreamwidth.org chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
This is lovely! Somehow, the idea of Methos knowing Tessa would never have occurred to me, but the way you write it here it seems perfect. Well done.
Trovia chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
Came over from CrackVan. Love this. It's the best of Methos and Tessa combined in a story. They make wonderful friends, and the ending is sad and beautiful at once. :)
GoldenRat chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
*squee* I love how skillfully Methos weave in and out of Tessa's life without ever intersecting with her time with Duncan. And Tessa's letter to Adam is a nice touch.

BTW, love Adam's bit about his friend losing his head over a woman, the happening as fast as a storm.
DamMyTears chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
Loved it!
Sophia Prester chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
A friend pointed me to this fic, and I am so glad I read it. I love the friendship you developed between Tessa and Methos, and I adored their banter and their easiness together. There is so much 'shippy fic in fandom that it is wonderful to come across a good *friend*ship story like this. It's rare to see it and rare to see it done well.

I'm adding this one to my favorites.
Agus chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
Excellent story! excellent Methos' voice! I really dont read muh in the Highlander fandom, but your story's made me want to. Thanks fr sharing it!
Elizabeth Culmer chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
This is absolutely lovely. I got the feeling Tessa understood and knew Methos underneath his camouflage of lies, and I especially liked that neither of them ever truly called the other on what they both knew or suspected. I like the sense of lost possibilities, and yet the contentment that pervades the story despite that bittersweet effect.

Thank you very much for sharing this.
Barranca chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
It's rare to find stories about true close friendship, which is why I adored yours so much. And it was very plausible and heart warming. So like Methos to only reveal his acquaintance with Tessa when Duncan discovered the evidence and not a second before.
Ne'ith5 chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
A nice little story about Methos and Tessa. I liked their friendship and you reminded me about the character and what I missed from the series when she was killed off. I was sorry there wasn't more of it. It was nice to imagine what what might have been if only Methos had told her says this is chapter one, do you plan to expand the story? In any case it was very enjoyable.
tbouchina chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
This is wonderful! The idea that the ROG had a friendship with Tessa before McLeod is so in character with how I think of him.

Sorry, I don't know how I could have improved on your story; I recognize superior writing when I see it.