Reviews for The Look
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
Nice stuff.
NixDucky chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
'...to own the truth...' is a lovely phrase.
theartistformerlyknownasgenevi chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
This was excellent. Remus seems very much the brooding, cultured type who would find solace in smooth jazz (love Ella Fitzgerald, and just looked up that particular song - lovely!) A very nice fic, thanks for sharing! :)
JustDanny chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Beautiful.
sunshinedreamer57 chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
I can't believe I haven't read this before now because this is an awesome story.
ZedPM chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Brilliant! I love how you portray both of them, with Remus' resigned acceptance of the discrimination and Tonks standing up for him. Go Tonks! (and now I'm off to listen to that song...)

-Kimly
huntinghelene chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
Aww this was a lovely Remus/Tonks picture.

I'm not usually a fan of that pairing (Even platonic - I'm too jealous! Although Tonks is one of the coolest people ever :-) )

But this portrayed both characters perfectly and was a pleasure to read,

Thanks!
Ocean's Nocturne of the COCA chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
XDXDXD :D

Amazing. Great job on writing this!

Keep writing!

emyx

PS: *favs!*
Wuff chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
Nice one-shot. I liked how you incorporated the title "The Look" into the story. The "song spinner" confused me at first (because English is not my first language and I was wondering all the time what it was supposed to be) but it was a humourous idea to let them discuss that Muggle machine and forgive each other during the conversation.

I think you exaggerated a bit when you said that Remus's abilities could match Dumbledore's - hm, maybe in Tonks's mind ;-)
The Quibbler Awards chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Congratulations! Your story was nominated for Best Het and Best Characterization at The Quibbler Awards.

You were also nominated for Best Newcomer Author!

If you would like your story removed from the nominations please contact us. Thanks!

The Quibbler Awards

quibbler
ProtegoNox chapter 1 . 11/12/2008
That was really cute! I've missed reading this pairing, and this was a nice little fic. :)
wolf.catcher15 chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
o, I loved this one! Very true to both Tonks and Remus, in her loud zeal for justice and his quiet acceptance. Sadly I couldn't access the song. It's not on iTunes either. I rather wanted to hear it, but your story was so vibrant, I practially don't need to :)
werewolfsfan chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
It's been a long time since I've taken a chance on a Remus / Tonks fic and I didn't regret a single word of this one! It's a rare writer that makes me feel this pairing but you've done just that.

By the way, I knew Remus' taste in music runs to torch singers and who does that with more class than Ella!
KlainePotter chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
i like it!
Mahsa FF chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
Eep! Do I get to be the first reviewer? Well, you already know I love this little one-shot, but I'll just record my praises for posterity here. lol

I thought your characterizations were very deftly done for such a short piece: Tonks's impulsive protectiveness towards those she cares for, Remus's life-long exclusion from society matched with a sort of prickly pride. Their argument was staged realistically as well; I could sympathize with both sides, and at the same time, both sides made me a bit angry. And the way that this argument was the catalyst for them opening up to each other more about their feelings, so that they kiss in the end... *sigh*

So: well done! I'm looking forward to your next story, whenever that may be. :) Cheers! Mahsa