Reviews for Unromantic Ideal
rin awayuki chapter 11 . 11/9/2008
this chapter is so sad.. *sighs*

well, thanks for always updating.. i really love this story (-_-)

ja!
Guest chapter 11 . 11/9/2008
Hello I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your story. I have read Blythe Spirit and now Unromantic Ideal and I think it is amazing! Also I liked the reference to Dedalus and Icarus in the last chapter lol
Memories Lost chapter 11 . 11/9/2008
Aw I love your writing style, and especially this story! I read it every Sunday, like clockwork, and you never disappoint. Keep up the good work, this is a great tale, and you tell it so well!
chocoluvr chapter 10 . 11/9/2008
Good chapter.
emily-in-the-glass chapter 11 . 11/9/2008
poor gilbert! anne had philippa to comfort him, but gilbert has no-one - for i'm sure charlie sloane won't be a very sympathetic confidante!

i can't wait to see how things progress from hereon with christine stuart and roy gardner.

actually, scratch that. i'm rather looking forward to gilbert's summer in the glen none the less! will he hear anything of captain jim - leslie - miss cornelia? will he perchance stumble across the house of dreams, dreaming to live in it one day - like anne with patty's place? ooh-oh... the possibilities.
soccergurl31294 chapter 11 . 11/8/2008
gr8 chapter! please update soon!
Christine Writer chapter 11 . 11/8/2008
Amazing, as per usual! Poor poor sad Gil!
serenity12345 chapter 11 . 11/8/2008
:( aw...
tvor chapter 11 . 11/8/2008
L.M. Montgomery never really revealed how deeply Anne's refusal hurt Gilbert, but this must be what happened. Poor Gilbert! He knows that Anne really loves him, she's just stubborn and has to find out herself.

This was a beautful chapter, and so despairing. I just have to remember that they DO get married eventually.
crystaltokyo9849 chapter 11 . 11/8/2008
I really like this chapter a lot! It was so sad, and I almost (nearly almost) hated Anne for putting Gil through this pain, but...one can't stay angry at that red-haired girl for long, can they? :)

Is this whole story going to be about Anne of the Island, or are you goin to connect it with another book?

Can't wait for the next chapter. Update soon please!
Insub chapter 11 . 11/8/2008
Ch 11 Loved the part about the pillow.
PennyOfTheWild chapter 11 . 11/8/2008
'His treasured hoard of memories and tokens was as trumpery and tarnished as a child’s ring, fished out of the bottom of a box of saltwater taffy.'

I loved this line ... the allusion is so right - classical, like one of those drops of wisdom that sprinkle all timeless stories ... a line worthy of Montgomery herself. Beautiful chapter, amazing writing, heart-rending description. I salute you!
emily-in-the-glass chapter 9 . 11/6/2008
hello roy gardner!

h'rmm this plot twist of roy entering the scene before gilbert's rejected proposal is interesting.
emily-in-the-glass chapter 10 . 11/6/2008
oh, dear. proposal scene. i like your blending of the book and movie versions... gives much more meat to it. ;)
serenity12345 chapter 10 . 11/6/2008