Reviews for Unromantic Ideal
royalhighness789 chapter 16 . 6/10/2009
oh my goodness. I am absolutely addicted to your stories. They are so good. I'm not done reading this one yet, but I just HAVE to review at this chapter. The ending was just so...the image of a hunched over Gilbert, sobbing with the little pink heart in his hand just KILLED me! It's too terrible and sad but written so beautifully! My gosh! Oh Gilbert...what would we all give for our own Gilbert. I can't wait to finish this story and I will review at the end as well!
Maddy chapter 20 . 4/21/2009
I luv ur fanfiction! I read the prequel to "Unromantic Ideal," "Blythe Spirit." I really hope that you can continue writing more Anne of Green Gables Series fanfictions. . .because they are the best ones I have read, and I have read a lot!
serenity12345 chapter 20 . 3/26/2009
LOVE IT!
Luanna255 chapter 14 . 3/24/2009
“It’s just that I’ve fooled myself into thinking that you loved me—that’s all.”

Ah, what a heartbreaking line. I was so disappointed when you didn't add it to the first proposal. Well done, once again, combining the book and movie (my preference of the books still holds, though). Excellent chapter.
Luanna255 chapter 12 . 3/24/2009
Oh, please, no Twilight! NO TWILIGHT, I say! I mean, don't get me wrong, I like it okay. But I LOVE, adore, cherish Anne of Green Gables. I can tolerate one or two jokes, but if Edward Cullen shows up in this thing, I will not be pleased. Even if he and Anne could comiserate over their red hair.
Luanna255 chapter 10 . 3/24/2009
Whoa. Nice job blending the book and movie proposals (being a devotee of the books, I do wish you'd just stuck with those, but I can appreciate a good piece of work when I read it). I've always felt for Gilbert incredibly in this scene.

Anne Shirley, you are an IDIOT!
Luanna255 chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
No worries from this quarter! Anne of the Island is my favorite book as well, and much as I love the movies, the inaccuracies tend to drive me insane! Anyhow, I loved Blythe Spirit and so I'm looking forward to this sequel. (I see you still managed to sneak in some movie scenes). So far it's excellent - you manage to pin down Gilbert's personality perfectly!
Liliumscribe chapter 20 . 3/12/2009
Terrific job. I really enjoyed going through the highs and the lows with Gilbert. It's lovely that you managed to incorporate events and dialogue from both the book and the mini-series.
Liliumscribe chapter 15 . 3/12/2009
LOL... the old ladies gossiping about the misogynist Dr Blythe. What a hoot!
Liliumscribe chapter 11 . 3/12/2009
Sob... I feel Gilbert's heart break into a thousand pieces. Poor boy.

You're doing such an admirable job incorporating the original text with your take on the events.
Equilly chapter 20 . 2/6/2009
Amazing chapter! I'm sure I've told you before that you do an excellent job of embellishing the story without changing it too much, sticking to the plot and dialogue without making it abrupt, and you do a wonderful job of developing your characters and keeping them consistent with how LMM writes them.

I've been a faithful follower of Blythe Spirit and Unromantic Ideal for a while, and you've definitely done an excellent job all the way through! Thank you so much!

Best,

Clayre
mk985 chapter 20 . 1/25/2009
You finally finished part 2! I especially liked ch 19 mostly because it filled in scenes that weren't shown by LMM, although ch 20 was too :)

I take it that part 3 will be the engagement and marriage? I hope you include House of Dreams as I always thought that both Anne and Gil kind of grow up yet also grow closer together after the death of their first child. It may be a sombre topic but it is an important event for those 2 characters.

Looking forward to 3 :)
chocoluvr chapter 20 . 1/19/2009
Good ending to your story.
smileyBAM03 chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
wow. my other favorite anne of green gables fan fic. your an awesome writer
Beth chapter 20 . 1/17/2009
I have enjoyed this story very much. You are a very good writer and I look forward to the next installment. However, I have a couple bits of constructive criticism.

1. The Twilight references are jarring and unnecessary. I've read it. Remember, we are not all in love with it.

2. The last chapter timeline doesn't make sense. You have it set up that Anne gets published in a week? (Philippa says she's writing like crazy, and it's February 24th, then on March 1st she's got the book?)

3. Following up with that, March 1st is NOT spring in Canada. It's not spring here where I am, in Ohio. I don't know why you had to mess with the timeline anyway; you should have just had it all take place after Anne and Gilbert graduate from Redmond, in the summer. And probably should have left out the stuff about Anne publishing a book altogether; that doesn't make much sense in Sullivan's version either.

All in all, good job! I'm glad you decided to keep going with the books rather than the movies. I am one who hates the movies (especially the Sequel and the ridiculous Continuing Story).
264 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »