Reviews for Unromantic Ideal
Beth chapter 20 . 1/17/2009
I have enjoyed this story very much. You are a very good writer and I look forward to the next installment. However, I have a couple bits of constructive criticism.

1. The Twilight references are jarring and unnecessary. I've read it. Remember, we are not all in love with it.

2. The last chapter timeline doesn't make sense. You have it set up that Anne gets published in a week? (Philippa says she's writing like crazy, and it's February 24th, then on March 1st she's got the book?)

3. Following up with that, March 1st is NOT spring in Canada. It's not spring here where I am, in Ohio. I don't know why you had to mess with the timeline anyway; you should have just had it all take place after Anne and Gilbert graduate from Redmond, in the summer. And probably should have left out the stuff about Anne publishing a book altogether; that doesn't make much sense in Sullivan's version either.

All in all, good job! I'm glad you decided to keep going with the books rather than the movies. I am one who hates the movies (especially the Sequel and the ridiculous Continuing Story).
Kazahana Fujikaze chapter 20 . 1/16/2009
Is that a Chaucer reference I see? Your opening quotations are most eclectic...

I've enjoyed reading this and the prequel, especially the way you've integreted both aspects from Montgomery's books and the film adaptions by Sullivan.
anglophilic chapter 12 . 1/16/2009
How the darn did you add Carlisle into this? You read Twilight, don't you? Well, I'm shocked and pleased about the Twilight character.
DreamMakersMagic chapter 20 . 1/12/2009
It's over? Already? Rats.
artisticgirl89 chapter 20 . 1/12/2009
A wonderful end to the story. I can't wait to read the next one!

P.S. I love Hayley Westenra's music.
Anonymous chapter 20 . 1/12/2009
I have to tell you that you are one of the most amazing writers ever. I've never read a story which managed to recreate the spirit of Anne and Gilbert in a unique way, which you have done. However, you have a small tendency towards rambling during certain parts, as if you have no idea what to write. Maybe take another look at the "filler parts" in between all the emotional stuff, because that's where your tendency crops up more often.
chocoluvr chapter 19 . 1/11/2009
Good chapter.
Pieredae's Muse chapter 20 . 1/10/2009
Thank you for sharing Unromatic Ideal with us! I have enjoyed listening to Gilbert's side of the story. I think you did a nice job of balancing love, lovesickness, heartbreak, whining, humor, bitterness, and making Gilbert extremely human. I look forward to reading more of your work! Best wishes and take care- Req
SingingBird812 chapter 20 . 1/10/2009
Lovely ending to this story! I enjoyed every bit of it. Thanks for writing it! :)
crystaltokyo9849 chapter 20 . 1/10/2009
I enjoyed this last chapter very much! Thanks for writing it so nicely!

I'm looking forward to your new story, and I'm so glad it's going to be based on the books!

One question: is the third story going to be from books 5-8? Is it going to include moments from Rilla of Ingleside too?
The Quoi chapter 20 . 1/10/2009
*squeal* Gilbert and Anne were so meant to be...
Mrs. Rilla Ford chapter 20 . 1/10/2009
Awesome ending! I don't know if I'll read your next story in the series though, since I CAN'T STAND waiting for the next chapter to come out... I'll have to think about it... But you really are a GREAT writer! Keep up the good work!
Darcyfan chapter 20 . 1/10/2009
Bravo! Wonderful. So few good AOGG Fanfics. Could you write one for blue castle? Don't know if you've read it but I imagine you could do just as great a job.
hondagirl chapter 14 . 1/10/2009
I am so far behind in this story. Ah! I have to catch up. (But congrats on finishing it)

But I wanted to say I really liked this chapter. You did a good job with Gil's POV. I'll be back later to finish the rest. :)

-honda
EreshkigalGirl chapter 20 . 1/10/2009
Oh, that was wonderful! I continue to just love how you managed to incorporate the best of the movies with the books. I adored the end credits! Very nicely done. Sounds like a pretty song. I've never heard it, but the words are pretty. It's too bad you've come to the end. The next three books really aren't much for Gil. He barely even gets a scene in Windy Poplars! Ah, well. The stories were both wonderful, and I'm adding them to my favorites so that I can come back again and again to re-read. Thank you for sharing!
265 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »