Reviews for There's More to Life than Death
OldSFfan chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
This is a very successful, well-told story. Your original character is fully realized and her issues are instrinsic to the story line. You have captured Hawke and Dominic very well.

Enfleurage is right on target when she asked you to get a proof reader. Spell-check and grammar-check are often wrong. You made fewer errors later in the story but there were a number at the beginning, in particular, that were distracting.

Your work is very good and I look forward to reading more of it.
starlight guardian chapter 16 . 3/25/2011
Excellent! Very true to the characters.
anna chapter 16 . 10/3/2009
love once its not a sad ending!
Enfleurage chapter 18 . 10/24/2008
It is always a welcome event to see a new author writing Airwolf fanfiction. I thank you for your story and for sharing it with all of us.

You have a good sense of story and have created a believable original character, which is no small feat in fanfiction writing. OCs are generally thinly sketched and vague at best. Cassie obviously shares some of your own interests, yet she is not a projected version of you. You've used your own knowledge to give her depth and experience in certain matters. As that old maxim goes, write what you know.

Of course there are always things that can be improved and I'd recommend a proof-reader if you can't get a beta-reader. I think you've used a spell-checker but they don't catch a correctly spelled *wrong* word, such as Hay (something fed to farm animals) vs. Hey (an exclamation) or transverse when you meant traverse. That's where fresh eyes in the form of a proof reader make a huge difference.

A beta-reader would help in other areas, such as phrasing, grammar, plot holes, inconsistencies, etc. For example, Cassie meets Michael & Marella for the first time in Chapter 11 but later in the same chapter "she glared at Michael filling the need to remind him that she wasn't one of his secret agents." She didn't know who he was at the beginning of the chapter - how does she suddenly know what he does for a living, something that is fairly covert?

Anyway, enough suggestions. Here's hoping you'll write more.
mkitty chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
I had read your previous version of this story a while ago and remember really enjoying it. Glad to see it again so that I can re-read it! Like Cassie's scenes with Hawke.
Ladyhawke 620 chapter 6 . 8/30/2008
Glad to see you reposted.