Reviews for Abstract
Ygrainne chapter 1 . 18h ago
Wow. It's beautiful. I read several stories with the pairing KyouyaxHaruhi and all of them are related to Ouran. This is the first where there is no mention to Ouran and I loved the story. Both endings are beautiful.
livelovepeacelaugh chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
Awwwwww thats so cute! I loved your story, and even though you might not even be checking your reviews anymore, I'd like to thank you for this story! Btw I loved the second ending more! :3
Rei K Chun chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Wow. That left me breathless.

Thank you for an awesome read. I love the way you write! Keep up the great work.
Fangirl3001 chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Really good but I must say I preferred the second ending :)
kanayuki-chan chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
Wow. I love the length and the description! I can't believe how good this one-shot is! :D I absolutely enjoyed reading the whole thing! It's . . . I don't know how to put it in words, but: brilliant! Pure class, man! :)

Wickedly awesome job!
Scherherazade chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Well written and interesting story, I like both endings, but prefer the one you put in the story as opposed to the alternate.
ShreddingRibbons chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
agh! amazing. truly, its very good. your writing is impeccable, and your adjective use is great. I love the alternate ending, it's something most people wouldn't guess. i'm favoriting this, if it's any complimentto you.
wouldsomebody chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
Very romantic and dramatic. I like it. If I rated with stars, Id give 4/5
Hedonistic Opportunist chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
I have to tell that I quite liked this. I don't know what I was expecting when I first read it, and must say that you've completely surprised me with the plot (but more on that later).

I quite liked your writing style here – it was clear and crisp, but also used register, which I wasn't quite familiar with. I had to look “exorbitant”, for example. Normally, I'd say that such formal vocabulary doesn't work for first person narrative, but then this piece was told from Kyouya's perspective, and he's anything but dumb. Anyhow, I think you did a great job with the setting, and describing artwork; it was all very precise, and easy to imagine (and I'm envious because I can never write that coherently; my prose is always blurred and filled to the brim with useless imagery). I like how you can use uncommon words, but still sound refreshingly simple.

My only gripe with you is that there were a few tense discrepancies, though noticeably fewer than in the other stories I've read from you. I'm sorry if I keep on harping about this, but I think that's the only time you really make glaring errors. And another thing is that, towards the end, the plot felt rushed to me; the ending, while not necessarily abrupt, still struck me as being a little fast. I was a bit surprised how you went from Kyouya coming back to Haruhi, her leaving and then the ending – I think you could have added a scene that took place between her departure and their subsequent reconciliation. But I mostly I was just disappointed because the story was over XD. As for the two endings, I actually liked the new one better; it was more subtle, and thus more effective. While the original one had more closure, I thought it was a tad bit over-dramatic and a bit cliché (with the necklace being tossed in the river and all). Sorry for sounding overly critical. Don't take this as an indication that I didn't enjoy this piece because I did.

What really made this work for me a winner – and now I finally come to what I really wanted to say – is that your characterization of both Haruhi and Kyouya was utterly refreshing. I loved your Haruhi; she was a dozen times more realistic, more approachable and, through her flaws – her irate temper – a dozen times more likeable than in the current manga canon. You still retained her canon persona, as she was blunt, but I also felt that you gave her edge, by making her witty, and not that oblivious to things. In her determination and tactlessness, she was pretty much the Haruhi from canon (before the mangaka decided to bastardise her character completely, that is).

Your Kyouya – well I loved him. He was snide, rude and more than a little conceited, but then you played these somewhat negative aspects very well off with his vulnerability. I thought he was very human in this, and now I must say that your backstory regarding him touched me quite a bit. It was utterly unexpected; I thought it was something cliché (no offence intended, but if you've been in so many fandoms as I have been, you tend to think you've already seen and read everything), but then you went and did something like this. I don't think it was the over the top. In fact, it was incredibly realistic, and you described Kyouya's agony, as well as guilty over what transpired very well. Especially in regards with him having simply not been able to look at his fiancée's comatose body, and thus abandoning her. While unfavourable and not heroic, it was stunningly honest – few people have the strength and endurance to go through something as painful as that. The graveyard scene was very well written, and the flashbacks to his past were fantastically handled. I have to say you added a lot of complexity to his character, and that is well... awe-inspiring.

Another thing is I loved how you described Hikaru and Kaoru, and how perceptive Kyouya was of them. The scenes in the restaurant were funny, and the awkwardness between Haruhi and Kyouya was adorable.

All in all, I thought did well with their relationship (thought to be honest, I demand you to write more NaruSasu).
Keiko-kohai chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
Wow. I really like the alternate ending. Better than the current, if you don't mind me saying so. It fits much better, ties the rest of the story together. There's a better sense of closure with that one. I really like it's calming capabilities.
Midnight x Poker chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
Hey x

That was amazing! - KyouHaru is love.

I liked the dark Haruhi in this. Haven't seen my stories that portray her like that before.

Had to laugh at Hikaru overcharging Kyouya XD Twenty bucks for tap water! Epic!

Ariana x
Sahara Hyuuga chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
Hey! This is wonderfully, beautifully written! I have an impression that although the words are plotted so as not to exploit the poetry and romance of the story, you have carefully constructed the words so that the emotions are subtle. But this subtlity is what's screaming back at me while I keep on reading. Wisely woven that I could feel the emotions ready to explode back at me while I am feeling being carried along, ready to explode too. Lights dimmed on me with this crafty manner and style you made your fic. I am totally a beginner in your face. C...I fell in love with this fic!(-)
flyingmagikarp chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
That, was, great! I love the way Haruhi's like a total bitch at the start! Wonderful story!
klaire-chan chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
beautifully done. _ thank you for sharing us this piece.

it's been a while since i've come across an excellent fanfiction, and i have to say, this really made my morning. :)
Aoi Azarashi chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
Aw so sweet, I loved it! Great job! .