Reviews for the First is First
dear future chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
This is brilliant. I've lost count of how many times I've read this and each time it depresses me to see how little reviews it has. ;_; Really original and just plain excellent, great job.
AnimeFan12688 chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
O_O that...was...awesome! *cries* at first, I couldn't tell what was going on, but after reading the other reviews, I gained the insight to properly be able to read this and I was floored. it's true that not all lives have happy endings, so portraying every story as such is a blatant lie- sadness is just a part of life as is happiness, and I got to thinking about the anime again as I was reading this and I started crying again because sadness is real, and for many of us, myself included, you have to go through sadness and other trials and tribulations first, and if you can come out on top of that, you will get your happy ending...
Laura Schiller chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
Oh, wow...I love this. How you write those literary reviews so convincingly, the subtle references in the plotlines to Yuuichi's past and especially the ending...I'm guessing that Kentaro and Kimi are inspired by Yuichi and Makoto, and I hope that this time they will have a happy ending.
arooga chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
That was brilliant. I skimmed through the first half lazily and it was so interesting i read the last article intently. Perfectly written and you totally had me!
Nayuki-Bunny chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
this is epic.

the writing style you employ is original and creative and you use it to your advantage well. the "scrapbook-like" quality you give this fic only helps breathe life into it, we can see Yuuichi telling this to his son, remembering Makoto and the times he spent with her. your fic's message only underlines the anime's, that there are miracles and there is true love, but not necessarily happy endings. beautiful work, keep it up!

(is he married to Shiori, btw?)