Reviews for St Christopher Affair
I Keep Goldfish In My Bra chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
Lothithil chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
This is a beautiful story. It made me wibble.

Rosywonder chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
Thank you for this interesting story with good characterisation. I thought that Napoleon and Illya felt convincing and true to the characters that at least i believe them to be like! The other characters, in particular Sr Eugenia, felt very three-dimensional, and real. I was pleased that you used religious people with genuine faith, but who were also very human, and you even hinted that Napoleon had a spirituality - I liked that. I was disappointed that you thought Illya such an atheist, but it fits perfectly, it's only that I like to think of him of being on some sort of journey of faith - but that's me! The story had a perfectly adequate plot I thought, with plenty of action sequences, interspersed with some good dialogue which developed the characters well. The settings were well drawn, and varied, the convent, the river, etc. I liked the little details, such as the natives coming out of the forest etc - so many of these MFU stories lack detail, don't you think? I thought the resolution to your story was good - it was slightly contrived that Sr Eugenia came to New York, but, hey, there are loads of things like that in MFU stories - its part of the genre, don't you think? The end was really quite moving, and drew the story to a conclusion very well. This was a story where Napoleon was featured, I suppose, in more depth than Illya, but the relationship between the two was convincing and well drawn. I am now finding it difficult to criticise or suggest improvements! I've written a really long MFU story which I haven't published yet, and I guess I like really longer stories with loads of detail in them - but that's me. As a short story, I thought this was excellent. Hope this is helpful to you. Have you written others? (I suppose I can check on the web site for the answer to this one?) Do you write for a living, or is this just for a hobby?
KCS chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
That was a lovely story. Thank you.
Westel chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
Aw. I so thoroughly enjoyed this story. Your characters were so beautifully drawn, I was grieved to learn of Eugenia's death. It's nice to see Solo come across some women with substance from time to time. Beautifully done!