Reviews for Unsuccessfully Coping
capableoflove chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
Wow I really did like this. The use of second person narrative was interesting, it's definitely not something I'm used to, but it didn't distract from the story at all. This was my first Luncan, Dugan? fic but you established their friendship so well that the shift in their relationship seemed fitting. I liked it :D
Dipenates chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
This is awesome. Great Duncan, and excellent Logan. Really sad, and totally in character.
SisterGrimmErin chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
Okay. Angst-y man slash. And the line about "You kiss just like she does"? That's such a laugh-out-loud moment in the middle of the tragedy.

Love,

Erin.
Emi-Ly Sway chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
wow... Disturbing. xD

I usually don't like slash when it isn't meant to be in the original show, book or whatever. But this was...Good. When i say it's disturbing, it is because it is so sad S You write really good.
and she writes chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
This is beautiful. So well-written, rich with detail and underlying sadness. I have such a hard time seeing the Kane house in my head but you made it come alive: the physical house itself, the memories it holds for Duncan, and the grief that everything in the house now triggers for him. I love your subtle interweavings of the broken relationship between Celeste and Jake, and the telling details about Celeste. You did such a good job of showing us Duncan's world and the people in it instead of just leaving Duncan and Logan in an unnatural void where all that existed was their relationship. Instead they were part of the whole, their friendship easy and the lines blurring just as easily into something more. I like the ambiguity, too - are they kissing because they want to kiss each other, or because Logan is high and they're both grief-stricken? Or maybe a little of both. I like not quite knowing the answers and yet getting it at the same time. Yet another sign of good writing.

I really, really enjoyed this. Thanks for posting.
Alien Altered chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
Not a big fan of Logan/Duncan as more than friends, but I still liked this pice, and really loved the first half! Especially the memories. So great! Well done.